• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3: The Scourge of Lordaeron Race Swap Edition

Warcraft III Reforged - Race Swap Edition v0.3

Human Campaign: The Scourge of Lordaeron

What's this?
In this edition, you can swap the original Human to different races. Want to experience the ROC Human Campaign as Orc, Undead, Night Elf, or more? It's all available!
227716-5db4a35eafe26004383095bb9e8192f0.png
227717-6986a78ba46bce7528563bb1128095cd.png
227718-af5b7c0a7f4ca80b02ded6724bebf2a2.png
227719-3f8f3b5413bd898389b146459418949b.png

227720-b09da0a07f77b3fd22bd9b5d686b604e.png
227721-c7be69ee8473716b83ed0c7c6ad524a9.png

Enemies will swap accordingly and you will get to fight different enemies each time u replay maps with a different race. For now, only ladder melee units like Footman, Headhunter, Necromancers etc will swap. Neutral units will mostly stay the same, minus a few occasion.

Cutscenes stay the same, although you may find the main playable heroes have different lines. And while Arthas is still known as Arthas, his friends might refer him in... let's just say, nickname :D

The map tries to swap as one-to-one as possible in terms of tier, so Footman will swap to Grunt or Archer, not Headhunter or Huntress. Units that do not have equivalent counterpart like Raider will still be swapped with a ladder melee unit. Sometimes if an one-to-one create an impossible balance issue, it will break the one-to-one rule. For the main four races, ROC ladder melee units will not swap with TFT units.

Setting
Maps are edited with the latest patch 1.33, so I do not know if previous patch would work.
You can play with classic(SD) or reforged(HD) graphic, but if you play in HD, there might be an early lag spike when it has to reload the assets. All the maps use the classic maps as base.
At the time of release, 1.33 can only start maps in normal difficulty, so if you wish to play this on easy/hard, please launch the map with World Editor. Here's how:
1. Open the World Editor (The "Launch Editor" option on Battle.net).
2. Drag the map file to the WE, and it should open the map.
3. Click "File" on the top left, and select "Preferences". Go to "Test Map", and you should see the "Difficulty Level", and you can change it to Easy/Normal/Hard. You can also set "Asset Mode" to launch the map in SD/HD. Click OK after you finish.
5. Click the red thing on the top middle-ish to "Test Map", or click "File" and select "Test Map" at the bottom to launch the map. The map will show if you're playing on EASY, NORMAL, or HARD difficulty.

Update
1) Fixes Pandaren tech tree with mission 7 and 9

Extra
Please leave any feedbacks/bugs on Wieldofrost's Discord:
Discord

If you wish to buy me "Something to drink?", feel free to donate here:

BuyMeACoffee

Have fun with the scourging of humans, orcs, undead, or night elves!
Previews
Contents

Human01RSv0.3 (Map)

Human02RSv0.3 (Map)

Human03RSv0.3 (Map)

Human04RSv0.3 (Map)

Human05RSv0.3 (Map)

Human06RSv0.3 (Map)

Human07RSv0.3 (Map)

Human08RSv0.3 (Map)

Human09RSv0.3 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
You could simply add hero glow to heroes that don't have any: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Take note that units having hero models will have hero glow and their corpses remain on the battlefield. Not sure how balanced it is though, maybe you...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. You could simply add hero glow to heroes that don't have any: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  2. Take note that units having hero models will have hero glow and their corpses remain on the battlefield.
  3. Not sure how balanced it is though, maybe you could make the naga techtree more similar to the original factions. Would also recommend adding abilities to heroes that are not found on other heroes you can play with.
  4. The pandaren building descriptions talk about orc troops.
  5. Shadowlands Arthas techtree is just humans and the hero just has a different model, same spells with the exception of the Wisp' Detonate which is useless that it kills the hero on use.
  6. Would be a good idea to choose the enemy race as well, even add a random option for both the enemy and the player.
So I guess a multiplayer further edit would make this more interesting.
I's a nice idea overall; hopefully it'll get more stuff as mentioned above.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Maxlaid

Banned
Level 4
I saw a similar creation, the notes you change the characters in each chapter, and here the race. I didn't consider this project worthy of attention, and I don't recognize this one either :ogre_hurrhurr:

Noticed issue with Naga run:

Chapter 3:

- Siren has locked abilities, might as well disable them

Chapter 5 and 6:

- Villager turned into Zombies

Chapter 9:

- Muradin abilities are different than previous levels, causing loaded hero to lose ability points

- Gold Mines are owned by enemy players, except the one at North of player base

- Summoned units are not removed from first section area when first section end

I suggest focusing on specific races (preferably Pandaren due to the amount of custom sounds being utilized) instead like Warcraft III Alternate or Alterno

Most cursed map author award goes to......

Wieldofrost
With the pepperoni, I agree without any doubt.

Level 12
Interesting campaign idea, I feel like the best thing out of this entire project were the dialogues, the ones where the original one was talking with the new one you introduced, which made room for lots of funny interactions between the characters, and the gameplay is decent. Still, because the maps and the quests are identical to the original ones it can get boring really fast, I bet most players have played through these original campaigns multiple times, I think I played the og campaigns more than 50 times myself with different versions made by other people, so in terms of gameplay and replayability is not that great.

But I like the idea nonetheless, there is some potential for a lot of funny interactions and memes out of this if nothing else :gg: