• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Scourge of Lordaeron

This is my version & remake of the Human Campagin in WC III: Reign of Chaos, it contains the same dialoge and story line (With really small adgustments) I decided to do a remake cause I really like the story line and all that. Then I wanted to try to do it all myself, it's really different from blizzard's campaign cause it's more like an Rpg, and there's no building in it. Note: this map only contains the first 6 of the human campaign levels, the other 3 was built on a different map witch will be uploaded. Also, I didn’t use any of the maps Blizzard made in order to do this, I’ve created every spot on my map myself.

All credits goes to:

General:
Blizzard, for the great story and editor

Skins:
I made most of the skins myself, but the kick-ass Footman skin was made by Antihero
(I also used his skin in order to make the Captain better, so all credits goes to Antihero in that case too)

Models:
Thanks for all the awsome Models
credits to:

Dan van Ohllus, for the Arthas Rider, Archmage on foot and Riderless Arthas horse

Cavman, for the bumbed model

HappyTauren, for the two City building models

Tauer, for the Nerzhul model

Keywords:
Scourge of Lordaeron, Strategy
Contents

The Scourge of Lordaeron (Map)

Reviews
18:19, 2nd Jul 2008 Firelord213: [√] This map breaks no map rule. It's not protected no need for any map protection information,No crashes or bugs,It's in English. The map is very well made , Alot of effort is put into it , But the bad thing is...

M

18:19, 2nd Jul 2008
Firelord213:
[√] This map breaks no map rule.
It's not protected no need for any map protection information,No crashes or bugs,It's in English.

The map is very well made , Alot of effort is put into it , But the bad thing is that it's very hard in my opinion.

Level 2
This map is alright if u like rpg's but map would be a whole lot better if you would allow arthas to build a base. Plus after some battles i would be in a different campagin and i could revive dead units from before battles. The part where the zombies attack is very fun with the music but i died right there and didn't get to finish the campaign -_-. Spent bout 2 hours playing till i died.

Well good models , good music, 8/10
just add the option to build a base

Level 2
This map is good with all the cool custom skins/models and spell it contained however I thought that the part where the zombies constantly charged towards you untill you destroyed there base was the funnest part and I would have enjoyed the map much more if parts similar to this occured more frequently. 9/10 +rep

Last edited:

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
Great map interesting attention to detail.

It's almost like reading a book with a different main character (different perspective)
maybe that makes no sense :p

I only have 3 complaints: No replayability - it's basically the same every time, no multiplayer (this would be sick with even just 2 people) although I'm not weighting this because I understand it's an epic 44MB!!!!, and little originality - even though it's supposed to be like the campaign, you could have thrown in your own changes or made the player units a little less standard.

4/5

Level 2
Nicely made. Although Blizzard's version has cinematic's and voice acting, yours is very decent for a mostly lone-made map.

PhyberOptix, Out.

Level 6
I'm afraid I didn't like this map very much. Props shall be given for the interesting concept of combining all of the human campaign in Reign of Chaos into a neat bundle. I'm still impressed you fit everything into one map! Furthermore, the custom skins certainly did not go to waste and added a custom atmosphere that was desperately needed.

Conversely, this map lacked some key components to entertain fully. Regarding terrain, there was very little ground height implemented, a sad absence of doodadish zest, and a vast majority of extremely bland trees; custom yes, attractive no. To finish up the map more, I suggest spending a little more time furnishing some aspects of game-play, like detailing quests better, adding text to what the characters are saying in cinematic mode, making custom items, maybe even custom units. Others have pointed out that this map would be even more fun if it was multi-player... I agree.

So pretty much the bottem line is there should be a more thorough customization of the detail-oriented aspects. In terms of style, concept, and technical execution: semi-thumbs up. Hey, there's always room for improvement!

2/5

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Why not leave the text during transmissions?
Units are pretty useless with that low HP when Holy Light restores 200 HP on level 1. Waste of mana.
Units selected during cinematic mode.
Terrain is kind of flat and in many places you just walk with nothing to do.
For some reason, our protagonists are black/gray instead of silver.
Grunts and Footmen bodies remained in midair instead of down on the ground for some reason after/when meeting Uther.
Why do the humans have Watch Towers?
Unit HP and hero abilities aren't balanced. Bladestorm kills in a matter of seconds. Not to mention Critical Strike kills a Footman in one shot.
Jaina has two AoE spells and can raise dead!?
Searinox falls in a few seconds.

Not that good overall.