• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Exodus of the Horde TD

Level 22

Exodus_of_the_Horde_TD.png

EXODUS OF THE HORDE TD EDITION

"You must rally the Horde and lead your people to their destiny!" (c) Medivh

OVERVIEW

"Original Blizzard campaign, but fully remastered in Kingdom Rush tower defence - select towers from list and build them on presetted position to hold enemy hordes.
Main difference from previous TD campaign is selectable tower types, just like in Kingdom Rush Vengeance. You can select any type of any tower before level starts, so you can choose preferable strategy for walkthrough!"

STORY

"The original Reign of Chaos Demo and Frozen Throne default custom campaign, a Exodus of the Horde is well-known story about future warchief of Horde Thrall and his first serious problems on this path. Will you succumb to your fails, or you'll defeat past?
Time is only answer."

FEATURES

…ESCAPE THE PAST
Will you survive coming trials? Or fall under pressure of waves of history?

LIVE THE PRESENT.
Relive memory of Thrall - young shaman, whose destiny is to become the leader of the united Horde.

CHANGE THE FUTURE...
Find strange dream visitor, escape with Hellscream and flee from wrathful Sea Witch - all known friends, all known enemies will await you here, in tower defence remastered version of original Exodus of the Horde.

…UNTOLD STORIES?
Master through 3 different difficulties and unlock some brand new levels, which could lead to new side stories. In future, after escaping from Humans and Sea Witch, you'll unlock some special endless levels - for whose, who want to find their own limits.

FOR THE HORDE!

MEDIA

MODELS & ICONSSPECIAL THANKSSCREENSHOTSKNOW ISSUES
TBATBA
  • From Old version:
DP 04.png
DP 02.png
DP 01.png
  • Currently campaign is under development.

CHANGELOG

• Campaign was released.

MAJOR CHANGES

• Now playable on Reforged! Use "Custom Campaigns" feature to access campaign and start playing it on whenever graphics you like, but myself recommendation on Reforged graphics;
  • Added 2 new optional levels: Complete "Countdown to Extintion" to unlock brand new levels of Exodus of the Horde storyline - explore ruins of Durnholde or fight against trolls on Alterac Mountains. New levels are intented to be harder and maybe you'll need few attempts to complete them!
  • Remastered tutorial level: Now consist of 3 small tower defence parts, player will learn on practice how to use his towers to stop enemy onslaught, and fight boss in the end!

MINOR CHANGES & TWEAKS

Chapter 4 "Countdown to Extintion":
  • Hard Difficulty was tweaked: Now towers could be fogged down by Zarjira's magic, and she will spawn buffing ghosts, who will buff her murlocs for additional speed;
  • Overall Level Tweaked: Sometimes murloc sorcerers will spawn and rush towards your base - defeat them for valuble rewards, because they're buffing all nearby allies with their powerful aura effects! And be ready for "Cursed Strikes" on your Thrall…
  • Now level should be slightly harder than before;
All Chapters:
  • Tweaked spells, tower description & other text across whole campaign;
  • Corrections to wave enemy numbers in Chapter 1 & Chapter 2;
  • Corrections to wave enemy types for Chapter 3;
  • Minor balance corrections to improve overall gameplay friendliness for players.

PS: If you have some suggestions, problems or questions - please, tag me!

Last edited:
Level 22
Well, I don't understand anything. What is new? changed? My only assumption is "TD Edition" means every mission is now a tower defense mission.
Yes, you're right!
Long ago I posted on HIVE a Scourge of Lordaeron TD Edition, where all missions are remaked into tower defense.
So in a future I want to remake all RoC campaigns in that way, with adding some side story missions.

In "Exodus of the Horde TD Edition", player will be able to complete mainly the same campaign, but in tower defense genre.
So even first "tutorial" mission will be replaced with tutorial tower defense mission.

As example of my "idea", I use "Kingdom Rush" game series.
And as I said in topic post, I'll replace it with more appropriate one.

PS: Screenshots are from old russian version.

Level 22
It's a small yet first devpost about "Exodus of the Horde TD Edtion", a campaign based on original tutorial campaign, but all missions are remastered into tower defence flavour.
Today I want to tell you about what will differ from Scourge of Lordaeron TD campaign and original Exodus of the Horde:
  • Starting cinematics will not be included;
  • Main feature - you don't need to kill all enemies in wave because this limit was lifted away and now new wave just start after some time passed from previous one! Also you can start them before timer ends, so you'll recieve addtional gold just like in Kingdom Rush series;
  • Also now achievements could give you bonuses to your towers, summons or hero! So for easier walkthrough I would recommend you to complete those achievements;
  • Thrall doesn't have passive spells like Arthas in Scrouge of Lordaeron TD, so you need to cast them by yourself;
  • First mission "Chasing Visions" are listed as tutorial. Here you can complete nearly same mission as original, but all hints will remind you about some campaign tower defence mechanics;
  • Four mission "The Fire Down Below" will be remasted and breaked into 3 "map phases", each with 2-3 waves. More information & map screenshots later;
  • All re-doned missions will have some enemy special mechanics: humans will have courage, that increases by each killed unit and resets each human wave, murloc enemies will spawn in increased numbers, and some other enemies have their race-themed special bonuses;
  • As I told on topic, this tower defence campaign would have some small side levels with special enemies & towers, just like in Kingdom Rush. To unlock them you must complete last human mission "Riders on the Storm" and final campaign mission "Countdown to Extinction". Also I'll add 1 "endless" tower defence level, where you can try to survive as much as you can.
That's all for today, but I want to share with you some development screenshots, but they're mostly on russian language.

Stay tuned & safe.
Sincerely, Hush.

Attachments

• DP 01.png
    DP 01.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
  • DP 02.png
    DP 02.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • DP 03.png
    DP 03.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • DP 04.png
    DP 04.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 43
  • DP 05.png
    DP 05.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
  • DP 06.png
    DP 06.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 45
Level 22
"Another day, another septim."
Some days passed from first devpost and today I want to tell you about three main things in "Exodus of the Horde TD Edition" campaign:
  • You can skip waves: As I told before, I've implemented small feature that enables you to skip wave start timer and recieve additional gold in cost of early started wave. Anyway from now player have full control of wave starting. Remember - the higher you're risking, the higher your reward;
  • Melee Towers: What Kingdom Rush-like Tower Defence without Melee Towers? In "Exodus of The Horde TD Edition", player can build "Grunt Barracks" or "Bestiary" as their melee towers, each of them spawning special units that fights & blocks enemy. It enables classic Kingdom Rush strategies like tank & tower spank;
  • Vengeance-like Tower Selection: Now you don't have a choice in each tower, just like it was in "Scourge of Lordaeron TD Edition", instead selecting 4 tower types what you want in current level. Such feature unlocks after "Departures" chapter, so in most of campaign missions you will be able to select your preferable tower types.
And some screenshots from campaign, of course. Some of them still on russian language, because I'm translating that campaign from russian language.

Enjoy and stay tuned!
See you in next devpost, which come in nearest days.

Attachments

• DP 01.png
    DP 01.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
  • DP 02.png
    DP 02.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 38
  • DP 03.png
    DP 03.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
  • DP 04.png
    DP 04.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • DP 05.png
    DP 05.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
  • DP 06.png
    DP 06.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  • DP 07.png
    DP 07.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
Level 22
Sometime passed from last devpost and what changed in development? Well not too much, but:
  • I decided to cut down some content about new missions and delay them for campaign updates. Does it sad? I think not - you'll still be able to complete old story in new way, experiencing new feelings and emotions;
  • For example mission 3 "Riders on the Storm" is doable under 10 minutes, which isn't too much for me. Althought campaign is short, you'll be able to complete it on 3 different difficulties, just like in Kingdom Rush.
Development go slowly and steady, so for today I don't have some new screenshots, but I think that you'll see them very soon!

Stay tuned and safe.
Best regards, Hush.

Level 22
So long passed after last devlog - I started to develop "Exodus of the Horde TD Edition" again and looking forward to finish it as soon as possible!
Today I have small amount of information, but related to each campaign level:
  • For first Thrall Level - Chasing Visions - gameplay will remain same, but I'll add some hints about gameplay changes like tweaks in damage/armor, basic tower defence mechanics. You'll be able to head to next level from campaign screen, skipping tutorial mission;
  • For next campaign levels - you'll be able to use 4 different tower types, same as Kingdom Rush-like, but in Chapter 02 "Riders on the Storm" and afterwards you'll be able to select tower types for entire level, just like in Kingdom Rush Vengeance;
  • More specific would be Chapter 03 "The Fires Down Below" - it would be turn into 3-sectional level, with 3 waves in each section. Life amount will reset for each new section, boss will spawn only on last section about saving Sen'jin from murlocs;

• Each level after Tutorial will offer you some additional quests - achievements - which you can complete for campaign or level reward. No tower types are hidden like that, they will open only by completing levels;
  • New side levels would not present on release. But I'm looking forward to implement them afterwards. All of them will be unlockable after completing final main mission "Countdown to Extintion".
Also some screenshots from development - not too much, but I'm just restarted! :)
So you can await for more screenshots, especially from underground level "The Fires Down Below"...

Attachments

• DP 02.png
    DP 02.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
  • DP 01.png
    DP 01.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
  • DP 03.png
    DP 03.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • DP 04.png
    DP 04.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Level 22
DP 01.png
"Thrall and his Horde tries to recruit Sea Witch murlocs and escape island, 2003"

Time for another and maybe last before release devpost! Today I want to share you some small information about underground level and difficulty of campaign.
First of all let's talk about Underground Level:
  • Underground level is pre-last level of "Exodus of the Horde TD Edtion" campaign. You maybe know it as level, where we escape from murlocs with bunch of horde prisoners before whole cave collapse on us. And maybe played latest variations like "Exodus of the Horde REVAMP" by SevenBlood or "Exodus of the Horde Re-Reforged" by InsaneMonster. My variation is more humble, but still unusual - it's TD;
  • Whole level is divided into 3 sections, each of them have their special enemies and tactics. But don't worry - your lifes will restore each completed section;
  • Also with lifes, your gold amount is shared, so choose wisely when and what you want to upgrade - because of imprisoned, you can't know who will come and how much.
But what about difficulty? Well, here we are:
  • On each level you will choose difficulty: if you want to complete tutorial on hard, but next mission on easy - you're welcome;
  • Each TD level on "Hard" difficulty will add new special mechanic for level thematic: Zarjira's might for murlocs, stealing gold for kobolds;
  • 99% of achievements can be completed even on "Easy". Exception for only one, which you should clarify by yourself.
…That wasn't a big devpost, isn't it? But I want to say - campaign will release SOONER than you could even imagine!
Currently planned release: Friday (tomorrow/today, according to your current time).
If everything will go smooth, of course.

Thanks for reading! I wish you good mood and peace.
Cya, until release!

Attachments

• DP 02.png
    DP 02.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • DP 03.png
    DP 03.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • DP 04.png
    DP 04.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
Level 22
Even main campaign is fully supported and released, I decided that it still lacks of levels - only 4 tower defence and 1 tutorial/default levels.
So I think that adding at least 3 new custom TD levels will come in handy and they will be about:
  • Fightning agains yeti in Alterac Mountains;
  • Salvaging resources from ruined Durnholde Keep and defending ourselfs from Alliance;
  • Raiding Stormgrade in Arathi Highlands - special "TO - Tower Offence" level;
However it's all WIP and currently I'll refocus myself onto another project, but I have smallscale teaser for snow yeti level.
In screenshots under post, of course.

Thank you for reading, cya!

Attachments

• DP 01.png
    DP 01.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
  • DP 02.png
    DP 02.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • DP 03.png
    DP 03.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Level 22
I recently found some time to make simple changes to my Tower Defense campaigns, as I want to update them soon with some new content.
First things first - campaign screen, simple and somewhat lazy:

This you'll see in the new "Scourge of Lordaeron" version:

And this - in "Exodus of the Horde" new version:

I'll gladly accept any criticism, suggestions, or problems - tell me, what do you want to improve in the current "Warcraft 3 Tower Defense" campaigns? :p
By the way, see you next time in the next small development post :)