• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Public Test Realm 1.31.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
What about cliff and tile limits, lots of tiles still are impossible to replace and limit of 16 is quite painful. Plus old hacked versions of World editor could add several cliffs to the map.

What i want to see soon is expansion of max map size beyond original engine limit it doesnt need to be drastic but even jump from 480x480 to 720x720 or something around it would be a great change for very big maps(ones that recreate entire continents from either warcraft or other franchises) same with stupid tile limits(caused only by map files using just 4bits to store information about this).

A way to edit and change type of water on the map or even use multiple water types from various tilesets would be amazing aswell.
Fixes to object editor with some option to mass change some values.

Cant imagine 720x720. WE limits forces to us think about how to create better quality map with those limits.

Level 3
Try deleting the test path in the editor's preferences. Leave it blank.
Also, could change the path by custom folder name like "WorldEditor(folder name)\TestMap(map name)", then create a folder with the name in the Temp folder. (Don't let the folder naming "Maps", it will be deleted when closing WE)

I guess this issue may about the "permission denied" thing?

Level 14
Cant imagine 720x720. WE limits forces to us think about how to create better quality map with those limits.
And i can, I get what your point is but it does not apply to me and my map. My map(which isnt on hive yet, atleast until i finish my next update which i am working on rn) Is big modified melee roleplay sand box with entiriety of Azeroth and other worlds on the way, with lots of interiors for major locations. 480x480 isnt enough for properly fleshed out scale and amount of locations on the way.

I have to sacrifice something to expand the map or to add something and i already employed lots of ways to make it feel bigger(units are smaller and move slower , all collisions on buildings are smaller aswell and so on).

And its the same case for other gigantic maps which represent for example Westeros from Song of ice and fire or warhammer worlds or Lord of the rings maps. Increasing the limit of tiles and giving more control over water and slightly increasing the max map size are all things that would be a godsend and are impossible to fix with coding, which is sole focus of last updates, jass, wurst and now lua. We need last few core limitations to be dealt with to fully unleash the potential for these kinds of maps.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
And i can, I get what your point is but it does not apply to me and my map. My map(which isnt on hive yet, atleast until i finish my next update which i am working on rn) Is big modified melee roleplay sand box with entiriety of Azeroth and other worlds on the way, with lots of interiors for major locations. 480x480 isnt enough for properly fleshed out scale and amount of locations on the way.

I have to sacrifice something to expand the map or to add something and i already employed lots of ways to make it feel bigger(units are smaller and move slower , all collisions on buildings are smaller aswell and so on).

And its the same case for other gigantic maps which represent for example Westeros from Song of ice and fire or warhammer worlds or Lord of the rings maps. Increasing the limit of tiles and giving more control over water and slightly increasing the max map size are all things that would be a godsend and are impossible to fix with coding, which is sole focus of last updates, jass, wurst and now lua. We need last few core limitations to be dealt with to fully unleash the potential for these kinds of maps.
Honestly the big problem isn't map size alone, more like everything else: mass units in one place, more than 100 moving orders from same player, massive doodads, massive special effects. These really need a tweak. I agree on increasing the limit of tiles and being able to add cliffs too.

Level 1

They did mention that they will allow for "larger maps" in Reforged. That obviously could mean several things but there's at least a chance that they will allow us to create bigger maps. I really hope they do making recreations of entire game worlds is my favorite thing in Warcraft.

Level 13

Try to resize all units to 0.50 from 1.00. Your map will looks like much more bigger 480x480 x 2

Level 13
I Found solution for World editor crash during trigger loading.

Req: Corrupted version of your map
Backup of your map
1.29 patch version of warcraft (private: I downloaded from website)

Step 1: Open your backup file on 1.29 patch
Then export all your object data
Step 2: Open your string corrupted map on 1.31.1
Then Import all your object data to map

Now your map works. No crash during load triggers.

Level 20
My campaign is crashing on load. It doesn't have any triggers (well, it does obviously, but I'm not opening any map in the campaign.) Is anyone else getting this problem?
I assume you're saying it's crashing after you click "Play Campaign"? I haven't seen this happen, but I don't have your campaign, either, TBF.

If you're using a custom loading screen does it still fail to load if you change it to a default one?

Level 14
From smaller things, having a way to rotate the camera freely or atleast partailly like in world editor as option in to enable in Game constants would be nice. 90 degrees left and right isnt really enough. Tho unlike tiles or water it is something i can fix with triggerwork or coding
Try to resize all units to 0.50 from 1.00. Your map will looks like much more bigger 480x480 x 2
Already have done that but tiles and and terrain doesnt work that way

Level 14
I assume you're saying it's crashing after you click "Play Campaign"? I haven't seen this happen, but I don't have your campaign, either, TBF.

If you're using a custom loading screen does it still fail to load if you change it to a default one?

It actually crashes when I load it, so I never see the the custom loading screen or anything else. Weirdly, it does play okay. Just to be clear:

1. If I open WC3 and click Single Player, then Custom Campaign, etc., I can start the campaign and play it.
2. If i open WC3 World Editor, and then click the Campaign Button, and Open Campaign, it crashes when I select my map.
3. It doesn't crash when I open the Dwarf Campaign I downloaded here at the HIVE.

I tried older versions of the campaign too, and they crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.