1. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

2. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looking good so far.

Only a few things to mention:

Marking terrain in maps that were created in earlier versions of the WE causes a crash.

Rearranging trigger categories in maps that were created in earlier versions of the WE is awkward and buggy. Not a big problem, but slightly annoying.

3. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    AI heroes still do not spend their skill points, as noted here:
    Public Test Realm 1.31.1
    Just confirmed it with 1.31.1 live version, using the procedure mentioned in the above link.

4. Veldris

Veldris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still buggy as hell lmao.

5. TheSilverWolff

TheSilverWolff

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcraft III still taking +500MB at either the version of x32 or x64 when creating a room or joining a map. Related to that, it also spikes at that same moment or when you finish a game.

This was new on 1.31 and wasn't on 1.30. Hope you are working on it because it's really annoying

6. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont know anything about balance,coding,maps etc.

But i noticed some unusual delay/spike/lag (whatever) while creating maps and entering lobby- i tried this in single player...

Not a big deal, but cant remember having those problems before erm...

7. SometimesZero

SometimesZero

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are any of you having difficulty with Drain-based skills in your maps? Anything based on drain in my map seems to be draining health from the target AND the caster.

8. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is, and will probably always be. But hey, the WE and game is stable and that's all I ask for.

9. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried Dark Ranger with Drain Life and a custom unit with Siphon Mana (unit ability) and they seem to be working fine.

10. IamFierce

IamFierce

Resources:
    Resources:
    The editor is very laggy now. 2-3 second delay when trying to open up even the trigger editor, and the. 2-3 seconds clicking on folders and individual triggers. The terrain is laggy too. Trying to work with this updated editor would be painful, and I am reverting back down to previous version.

11. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Instead of being harsh and launching out negative things about some features that have problems at the moment and will be soon solved, you could all be thankful to the fact that Blizzard is still f***king working on this game. Released in 2002-2003 and still played and updated and YOU complain about problems that appear from time to time and they are soon solved. Have you ever wondered how hard is to work on a game? How much pressure does that team have upon them? Harsh comments like "it's buggy and it will always be like that" are not helping them. Instead, you could try to point out those problems in a better way with suggestions and proper feedback, unlike "IT DOES NOT WORK, SHOO BLIZZARD". Might get some hate from those that posted things like those but I assume this.

12. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think you actually might hate yourself.
    Seriously, how much of an hypocrite can you be? What are you trying to accomplish with this?
    What.jpg

Jokes aside, obviously people like the game and if something is wrong with it they will speak and raise their "war cry"'s at the developer's beasts, we know they can do better than this. In order for things "to be solved soon" they need to be commented and detected.
    People are just annoyed of the fact they break things repeatedly. Is that wrong? No. That's called criticism. Both of your posts contain everything but criticism, but oh wait...you already knew that. You know what? Let's take your brilliant idea to a test and let's act totally uninterested and NOT ANYTHING TO BLIZZARD FOR ALL NEXT PATCHES DURING 3 MONTHS. Because GOD FORBID US, to say anything bad about anything, or to be annoyed at a certain extent.
    *Son comes home from school with his parents after being banished from punching some other kid and doing major danregous pranks*
    Father - Everything's ok son, that school was just being totally mean to you.
    200 IQ move.

13. Gusanoman

Gusanoman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Soooo, as some people have mentioned, 1.31 ruins a lot of maps, specially if they have imported models and edited techtrees (my campaing got completely scrambled). Is there any form to "downgrade" back to a previous version so I can start mapping again?

I have backups but I'm panicked about losing all my work.

14. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are you talking about the new 1.31.1? According to the patch notes those issues introduced with 1.31 proper should have been fixed.

15. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    @Wrda I only said it once not dozens of times as others or even you might've done. I did not insult you and you totally got my point wrong. I won't waste time explaining it to someone like you. Your post was reported btw.

16. SometimesZero

SometimesZero

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I copied some of my units and abilities into a fresh map, and the abilities worked fine. But in my own map, these abilities are not working correctly. I'll keep trying to find the bug.

17. Gusanoman

Gusanoman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I'm an idiot. I thought I was testing one of my backups but it turns out that I was still automatically selecting the same file and was seeing the corrupted routes of the unit data again. Sorry.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map Options: default version, latest melee patch? Check those.

19. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The Dave is both happy and disappointed.

+ The editor no longer corrupts map data
    - The editor now randomly crashes instead
    (Just scrolling around the map, over already-viewed regions)
    (Can't tell if it's time-based, like if the Editor is leaking memory or what)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  20. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm I fail to see how my comment is, as stated by you, *harsh*.. Especially when seen next to comments like this:
    [​IMG]

I am actually very pleased with this new patch, but let's be honest with ourselves, the WE will probably always contain a few bugs here and there. I am fine with that. As long as there are workarounds and they're not game breaking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019