1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. ESTO

ESTO

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am maintaining the 6.85ne DotA map for the Battle.net community (fixed 20+ bugs and added some useful features). The last 1.31 patch now caues all DotA maps (even earlier versions which I didn't touch) to crash the game when certain hero (currently 2 are 100% confirmed) abilities are used. The 1.31.1 patch didn't fix it all.
    I won't go into details how mad I am ...

2. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The subject title is not related to DotA.

3. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    DotA is a game mode in Warcraft. The main point of his post is that several abilities in Warcraft 3, in a DotA map, is failing and causing crashes. I don't know if you knew, but DotA originates from Warcraft 3.

4. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You serious? I know from where DotA originates but he is not "maintaining" 6.85 for the community since that's Dracolich doing.

5. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Right, well it's still a Warcraft 3 map which makes it relevant. Cheer up buddy, nobody here killed your cat but you're being overly hostile towards everyone :p

6. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I'm not hostile. o_O:eek:

7. AlvinXCW

AlvinXCW

Resources:
    Resources:
    is it only me in here that still have this problem

Attached Files:

8. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't like that 0 indexed native it's inconsistant.
    If you use "get current level of ability" that is level 1 it will get level 1 but for trigger editor level 1 is level 2 so it will affect level 2 of the ability instead of level 1 even though the trigger still consider it the current level of the ability.

9. ESTO

ESTO

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dracol1ch abandoned Battle.net a long time ago and is developing 6.89+ for the 1.26 patch. Hence I am maintaining the 6.85 map in regards of bug fixing. Dunno why this is a problem for you.

and thanks @FeelsGoodMan

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  10. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:
    Code (Text):

BlzSetUnitWeaponStringFieldBJ(GetTriggerUnit(),UNIT_WEAPON_SF_ATTACK_PROJECTILE_ART,0,“Abilities \\ Weapons \\ PriestMissile \\ PriestMissile.mdl”)
    [/ code]

it's no work,how to use it?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  11. IamFierce

IamFierce

Resources:
    Resources:
    The world editor will not save my map more than once. It crashes after it saves. It is very slow to use, triggers have huge delay when selecting them. I cannot work on my project with it as it is at the moment.

12. Lykrast

Lykrast

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's the one part I'm worried about. Does anyone knows at least what gui triggers are affected by this? I use a lot of "get current level of ability" and I hope not many triggers will need a +/- 1.

13. Jenas98

Jenas98

Resources:
    Resources:
    I could use some help with this Patch.
    My custom maps work again (yay thank god).
    However I have no idea how to access them in game, am I supposed to save it in a different way than before?
    It just doesnt show up in my custom game maps folder.

14. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You have your maps in <User>\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps? This is required since migration.

15. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Does it normally crash when i actually select any part of the terrain in the editor after i loaded the map in the editor? I can't seem to use the editor properly most of the time (like 85% of the time) It's horrible.

I provided a video below.

Also, the map i opened is created using World Editor from 1.27.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  16. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have the same problem here.

17. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Also another bug i found. This doesn't happen in the old version of world editor (even with JNGP) - both screenshots included.

Honestly i am really pissed with these latest updates, ever since they introduced the CASCs and updates in the World Editor everything i frequently used is just broken (terrraining tools, unit placing, unsorted trigger options etc). I have both versions installed and i think i'll just stay at 1.27b until i see these problems fixed.

Old Version - 1.27B
    yes.png

New Version - 1.31.1
    no.png

Proof of me using both versions
    no2.png
    yes2.png

I do not really want to resist updating my game, but if i can't use it properly i can't stay with it.

Edit: I am told that using 32 bit version of World Editor fixes the problem, i might give this one a second chance.

Edit: Based on my testing the items bug is still there (the one i attached here), the one where item can't be selected in the palette, the world editor crashes however is gone.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  18. darwin

darwin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The new patch prevents me loading my campaign at all. The WE just crashes.

Weirdly, the campaign does play but I can't edit it at all. Just to be clear:

1. If I open WC3 and click Single Player, then Custom Campaign, etc., I can start the campaign and play it.
    2. If I open WC3 World Editor, and then click the Campaign Button, and Open Campaign, it crashes when I select my campaign.
    3. It doesn't crash when I open the Dwarf Campaign I downloaded here at the HIVE.

I tried older versions of the campaign too, and they crash as well.

Is anyone else having this problem? I tried the x32 and x64 bit World Editors.

The error code is: EC490772-5B52-42A4-8090-E472350DAC7F

19. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I experienced this bug too, only with terrain tiles. Closing and re-opening the palette solved it for me.

20. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah same happens with eden rpg