1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. I can confirm that the Trigger editor is almost unusable due to extensive lag. It also crashes after you try to access it through the Object Manager (F11).
    (System: Intel Core i5-8265, Windows 10 Home, 16 GB RAM.)

2. Menus are still lacking shortcuts, which I have complained about for at least a year. The shortcuts work, they are just not listed.

2. Kakerate

Kakerate

Resources:
    Resources:
    With initial 1.31 release, I was unable to save my map. As of this patch, I am unable to OPEN my map in editor. damn.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  3. wc3neverdies

wc3neverdies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have a strange problem with the editor. I seems to happen randomly. Some times the button in the unit or terrain palette is always selected in green even if i select other things. Also if i create a custom tileset or custom units sometimes i can't select the new ones i made because another one is selected instead of them.

4. jainaproudmore

jainaproudmore

Resources:
    Resources:
    Waiting for another patched because I can't open the game.

5. EvilNico

EvilNico

Resources:
    Resources:

Flipping through the folders with triggers in one of the map, I noticed this. In my map, so far this is all right. By the way, the same problem is observed in Starcraft2 but there it is already clinically - I didn’t think that such a speed is an ehto bug. Yes, where some folders with triggers for a very long time opens - this never happened!

I want to mark the maps created in the new version of the editor are still not uploaded to Epic War.com

I am the original creator of dota (eul)

As I understand it, you are editing war3map.j

but you do not have the original scripts - for this you should understand that this will not work any further as long as you probably do not have war3map. WTS, WTG Which I have

on this the method that you created will lead to further collapse!

A huge number of varieties of modifications to my pillbox also create certain troubles for players since there is no clear idea of which version is the latest newer and so on. For example, there is version 6.85 from iCCup — Ladder, low ping, full statistic. Here I emphasize mandatory change log. Also, many people forget that a localization department was created for the pillbox and in each version the localization file from war3map was extracted and replaced with MPQ Master, for example, in slk, which made the same version compatible in different languages. But now in the community, as in DotA itself, chaos is happening as everyone creates a version of DotA in their own language - completely forgetting that I or a player are completely from another country and I have a different language. The authors also do not interact and do not cooperate with each other. You need to understand that this is not an official version and it will never work correctly. And you need to understand that Blizzard constantly conjure what development was very complicated became almost impossible. I am a developer of other cards and, as I have previously written and stated, I cannot, in principle, continue to create them as the tool has changed many times!

This is not the official version of the pillbox and you need to understand that it will not work correctly!

And then I’m not very happy that my DotA is edited by personalities such as including Icefrog or Valve with Guinsso, at least I had at least some kind of agreement and positive relationship. But probably Guinsso is the one who is guilty of this that the source of my pillbox alsstars fell into the wrong hands to Valve fraudsters headed by IceFroge. At least I know for sure that something happened in AllSTars while the co-author was involved in the development of my pillbox, and it was then that IceFroge was formed, I understand that he stole or fraudulently got the source pillars from the AllSTars archive.

I’m not going to update DotA before. Yes, and there’s no particular interest, it has lost, or so let's say its landscape, I’m just tired of it. That's why I started developing WoW Dota in due time and some steps were taken and taken in that direction (I created and did everything cool on the Starcraft2 engine - but after Blizzard, they did the same with StarCraft in the previous patch and as a result you know this - all names are mixed up, all descriptions are mixed, all scripts are mixed up, or something is revealed in this hodgepodge - is it possible? Even if you need to not forget about the time I invested about how many years I worked and worked for Blizzard without leaving out of the house like normal guys and cone m result of how I was robbed Valve. And now Blizzard or Valve takes my DotA as it monitors its own property or makes it sell game items - in other words, it monopolizes and I don’t understand how it differs from banal theft and violation of my rights. Not to mention the fact that icefroge is a banal thief who just stole the source code of my AllStars dota and need to know what Frog destroyed AllStars!) But also stopped after manipulating Blizzard with the code, as I was just tired of copying it to the new version every time after Alchemy Blizzard .

And you have to understand that you’ll be tired of doing the same thing, only your work will be complicated by the fact that you have predestined to rewrite the whole war3map.j - which is practically impossible for me to do this!

Those changes that I wanted and proposed in 2009 took place only now, besides at that time they already existed in the Jass NEWGEN Pack - this editor is even better than the one now from Blizzard. Just look how many years have passed. For 10 years I sat and waited for Blizzard to hear me - but it was an urgent need to fix it then in 2009-2011, but not now. Regarding Reforget, I don’t even know what kind of mutation it is, but ask for a price for purulent 256-256. 512-512 landscape of the soil without shaders that have not even bothered to fix since the release of 2003 (which is clearly evident in the video of the announcement) - I think this is a perversion!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2019
  6. blink

blink

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Has anyone tried using BlzGetAbilityStringField() to get ability's name? It returns (null) instead of the actual ability name

Here's the actual code used. Tell me if I did anything wrong

Code (Text):
    set a = BlzGetUnitAbilityByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(),i)//i is the index for ability I want to get
    call BJDebugMsg(BlzGetAbilityStringField(a,ABILITY_SF_NAME))
    Getting the stringlevel for its order work fine tho

7. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Why don't you attach the map?

8. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Looks fine.
    On the first ptr of 1.31 an abilities name returned its inner class name, but that feature seems to be removed on the live version. Its was something like "CAbilityAttackBonus" or "CBuffAuraCommand".

9. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice bullshit right here KKomrade
    Russian eul LUL

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

11. EvilNico

EvilNico

Resources:
    Resources:

And here it’s only clear that all that came out later is a place in the trash can. Like your speculation or reasoning about who I am or searching for and declassifying my personality (didn’t try to ask me personally?) Or the fact that "the author of 6.85ne", like the subsequent iccup, prodota, is to blame, having only evil xgm the version where their claims or accusations against Blizzard are clearly out of place.
    If you need such an answer, then the "evil xgm" version and all the subsequent and resulting from here are iccup, prodota, NE, etc. ...they are not official and In the subsequent version 1.31c, it WILL NOT WORK NORMALLY!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  12. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ive seen guys who werent even trying and yet perfomed better than this. stahp

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

15. ESTO

ESTO

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please back to topic. I need Blizzard to notice that they messed up dota xd (and apparently some other custom maps as well which all worked fine before 1.31)

16. El Saif

El Saif

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm.. did the all of the new natives works correctly? I tried BlzSetUnitWeaponStringField and doesn't work.
    And oh, it said that now all natives are zero indexed but it seems like it didn't affect Get unit ability level.

17. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This only applies to recently introduced natives that were inconsistent with pre-existing ones. The patch notes are a bit confusing, but unit ability level natives are in fact already 0-indexed, where 0 == no level (doesn't have ability).

18. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad to see patches going live.

Illidan, is this you?

19. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files

20. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is it just me or is BlzSetAbilityTooltip not working?
    edit: ok nvm, it's one of those native that's now "zero-indexed", even though this is one that shouldn't be (1 should == level 1)