• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've tested some of those new natives and collect some problems so far (based on 1.31.1.12173 PTR), it's time to give some feedback (hope this isn't too late).

* I made a simple classify that wrote a mark on each entry's beginning:
[*P] means a problem (problems could be uncertain bugs, or things that hard to get with).
[*B] means an obvious bug.
[*S] means a suggestion.

Hardware:

1. [*P] Keyboard events won't work while holding the mouse left button down. (This problem is a disaster, it killed many possibilities on gameplay creation, please pay attention to)
  2. [*P] Events of key [Shift], [Ctrl], [Alt], [F5] doesn't work after registered.
  3. [*P] Event EVENT_PLAYER_MOUSE_DOWN can't be triggering with the mouse middle button.
  4. [*P] Missing native(s) for the mouse wheel.
  5. [*P] Missing native(s) to get the mouse's screen coordinates.
  6. [*S] Mouse/keyboard events' syncing causes unstable delays (can't avoid by GetLocalPlayer), those events should have an async option that will become more flexible. (The delay-issue really make people nuts when playing Music/Rhythm or Action etc type games)
  7. [*S] Provide native(s) to modify those default hotkeys/functionalities (e.g. camera control, quick save, menu, etc), or just let custom mouse/keyboard events can override their default functionalities.
  8. [*S] Add more utility natives for the mouse, e.g. native for modifying the cursor's texture, natives for set/get the cursor's animation status/index, native for directly calling the placement cursor without clicking command buttons, etc.

UI Frame:

1. [*P] The widescreen mode still uses a 4:3 resolution layout that regular frames can't be positioned to both sides.
  2. [*P] Missing native to get the mouseover frame.
  3. [*P] Missing native to get the keyboard focused frame.
  4. [*P] (BlzDestroyFrame) Destroy any frame on initialization (exactly, at main() execution) will crash the game when the game starts. (Reset a different parent for the deletion frame before the destroy calls, could avoid that crash in most case, not find the reason yet)
  5. [*P] (BlzFrameSetFocus) Set focus on any editbox frame, the keyboard focus will lock to that frame and can only be released after clicking it once or activate another editbox frame. (Besides, BlzFrameSetFocus seem effected on frametype "EDITBOX" only)
  6. [*P] Event FRAMEEVENT_MOUSE_DOWN and FRAMEEVENT_MOUSE_DOUBLECLICK seem doesn't work at any frametype.
  7. [*P] Missing native to get the mouse wheel's delta for event FRAMEEVENT_MOUSE_WHEEL.
  8. [*S] The process of modifying command buttons is kind of complicated, it should be more simple. (Specifically, the 12 command buttons were too coupling with their layout parent frame that users need to do some extra works in order to modify them properly)
  9. [*S] Hope for some simplification on model-frametypes, like add some natives to set/get the model's properties (especially, the camera). (Seem users need to edit the model file properly in order to use those frametypes; it's hard to test those types since there hasn't any explanation for them at present)
  10. [*S] Hope there's a way to modify the chat editbox (which popups by press enter), like add it to originframetype.

Lua:

1. [*B] There's a fatal error on percent sign (%) parsing with Lua compiler, wrong code saved to war3map.lua by the compiler if there has any "%" in the code (the Lua engine runs alright as long as got correct code from war3map.lua). (I had tested the "%" as strings, operator mod, patterns of regex and string.format, found the parse on escape char "%" has lacked, and this kind of parse seem not been restricted)
  2. [*B] Type eventid and gamestate can't match those constant events of their children types correctly.
  3. [*P] The Lua global variables of those objects which placed in the editor (that "gg_..." things) can't be auto-assigned on initialization, users have to selected-used them in a GUI trigger in order to assign them (this probably about memory saving, but it's an inconvenience), add an userdata or native in order to access those "gg_" objects may be a good idea.
  4. [*P] The string escape char "\t" has no result; "\r" has wrong result (it should back to start of the line, not a line feed like "\n")

Others:

1. [*S] Assign any variable in globals...endglobals block (or Lua's global environment) by any function's returns value which only available after game loaded (e.g. GetCameraBoundMinX, BlzGetOriginFrame, etc), the game will crashes on loading; it will be helpful if the compiler can throw an error message about this.
  2. [*S] Hope to see a farther distant view (extended FarZ limit). (The patch 1.31 brings so many possibilities that lots of creators certainly can't be satisfied with just making a "map", but the 10000 FarZ limit really restricts a grand 3D scene construction)

Level 14
Aside of other things i was suggesting(increasing the tile limit, correctly unlocking raise and lower, maybe smaller brush size for terrain(1/4th of current brush size 1, it could be used as a toggle in game constants of when creating a map to use smaller tile/cliff size if possible; Addition of options to control the base tiles stuff like water type, so it is possible to switch from lordaeron water to underground/dungeon water etc)
I have 2 more suggestions fix Art - Teamcolour to work on the unit no matter if its placed on the map prior or trained ingame, because it only works for pre-placed units at the moment, trained units use player's teamcolour at all times - Fix it, so using triggers or model edits for this isnt necessary), Add means to create water below and above sea level easily, maybe iwht option to raise/lower it with page up and down after selecting like Doodads. Placement height box for Doodads in the properties box when selected by doubleclick/hitting enter, alongside the scaling so precise heigh placement is possible on less even ground.

Hopefully, Blizzard is aware of these bugs in their own campaigns:
Bugs in Warcraft 3 since 1.31 update

One thing that caught my attention was that since 1.29 Blizzard has not fixed the widescreen cinematics in their campaigns. Because you can see more to the left and to the right, unwanted things may be visible in in-game cinematics. In the Dwarf Campaign, we had to fix several cinematics so that they do no show unwanted things in widescreen.

Reactions: pyf

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
One thing that caught my attention was that since 1.29 Blizzard has not fixed the widescreen cinematics in their campaigns. Because you can see more to the left and to the right, unwanted things may be visible in in-game cinematics. In the Dwarf Campaign, we had to fix several cinematics so that they do no show unwanted things in widescreen.
I guess they'll leave that for Reforged.

Honestly, I wish they fix the actual important ones which crash or impede gameplay, mostly related to triggers.

Level 6
I have been 1 month off. Has anyone solved the freezing issue that makes all players crash at same time? That which appear with last blizzard patches?

Level 6
Change all 0.00 timers, and all abilities related with timers that have 0.00 duration/interval to 0.01
Im quite sure that i have no 0.00 timers in my map.

Btw, some people told me that having all players using x86 version of w3 may reduce freezing.

Level 14
Ello again, i wanted to drop another bit of stuff that should to be finally done or sorted out alongside most of what i posted before this time something less pressing but incredibly annoying because its not fixable in any official and semi official way ever since you employed the launcher - older versions, mainly for replay playback because there is no solution for game to just keep stat tables and data from map file/game from the time it was played(which should be proper final solution later down the line so it works corrently like replays from older versions work in Counter Strike Global offensive and Dota2 and many other games that have them from more modern times)
Please give us standalone installers for all main versions since 1.28 till now. It may not seem like something that important in terms of melee but for custom communities and especially roleplayers its really important to have a way to playback their replays/demo at times, people from custom games and communities playing some custom map competitively would like the option to actually be able to go back on older recordings and analyze something or just to relive some moment(that would apply to pretty much everyone). Currently there is no way to do it if it happened after 1.27 and even then only way to get old standalone installed people have to go to someone who saved it or to pirate sources, and these are not that good either since pirated versions end at 1.26 which is most common for that.
There should be always a legacy branch of installers on battle.net clients page instead of just latest/launcher download. Alternatively launcher should have the option to download whatever version user wants by some dropdown menu.
Another major use of this is when latest update introduces some issue like that destructive map corrupting bug from trigger comments. And anything else that may be of an issue(for me removal of unlimited raise terrain via a config file that people used for many years just put in user created UI folder in the game's directory which was broken once game stopped accepting it, and then directory got redone completely, i already shared test maps with Arcitct so it can be finally sorted out officially).

Level 6
Ello again, i wanted to drop another bit of stuff that should to be finally done or sorted out alongside most of what i posted before this time something less pressing but incredibly annoying because its not fixable in any official and semi official way ever since you employed the launcher - older versions, mainly for replay playback because there is no solution for game to just keep stat tables and data from map file/game from the time it was played(which should be proper final solution later down the line so it works corrently like replays from older versions work in Counter Strike Global offensive and Dota2 and many other games that have them from more modern times)
Please give us standalone installers for all main versions since 1.28 till now. It may not seem like something that important in terms of melee but for custom communities and especially roleplayers its really important to have a way to playback their replays/demo at times, people from custom games and communities playing some custom map competitively would like the option to actually be able to go back on older recordings and analyze something or just to relive some moment(that would apply to pretty much everyone). Currently there is no way to do it if it happened after 1.27 and even then only way to get old standalone installed people have to go to someone who saved it or to pirate sources, and these are not that good either since pirated versions end at 1.26 which is most common for that.
There should be always a legacy branch of installers on battle.net clients page instead of just latest/launcher download. Alternatively launcher should have the option to download whatever version user wants by some dropdown menu.
Another major use of this is when latest update introduces some issue like that destructive map corrupting bug from trigger comments. And anything else that may be of an issue(for me removal of unlimited raise terrain via a config file that people used for many years just put in user created UI folder in the game's directory which was broken once game stopped accepting it, and then directory got redone completely, i already shared test maps with Arcitct so it can be finally sorted out officially).

I really read all kind of posts. I dont care if they are long. But yours was too... Difficult? I mean, too messy, no paragrahps, long sentences, hard to read. In future posts me (and im sure other too) would appreciate u to post with a more ordered structure.

You surely have really good stuff to share and great knowlegde to show, dont low rate it with a messy writting ;)

Level 14
I really read all kind of posts. I dont care if they are long. But yours was too... Difficult? I mean, too messy, no paragrahps, long sentences, hard to read. In future posts me (and im sure other too) would appreciate u to post with a more ordered structure.

You surely have really good stuff to share and great knowlegde to show, dont low rate it with a messy writting ;)
I know but i am a but chaotic and apparently dislectic i always was like that i try to organize it most of the time because i just type a way and singular wall of text but i am trying to make some paragraphs out of it so it isnt so overwhelming and chunky but its still kind of is after that.
Same with me rarely using commas and excessively going of with explanations or side tangents in brackets. In general my posts like my thought train so informative but really chaotic xd
This happens with stuff i work on.
Even if i tried to organize folders for every model edit or texture work or something else it turns to super deep and branched out mess where i end up favouring some central folder and just use it for everything even when it initially was a folder for something like a castle wall model xD
My most recent solution is just to stick to that main folder but i still create side ones and then forget except for ones i use frequently so i guess i just am messy and chaotic xD and so is this post jow i guess xD

Level 5
I hate new patch realy bullshit
I cant move my mouse!!!
I Update my warcraft to 1.31‍♂️becuse new campaigns need new patch!
And after my fps sucks its 4 beetween 5 only and i have alot lags
And my Hardware very good
Ithink new patch have many bug
I have 200 fps in 1.30!! ‍♂️and now its 4
Why billzard make new patch?i think for destroy warcraft 3 :/

Level 5
Did you try both .exes, the one in the x64_x86 folder and the on in the x86?

If it was a bug, it would have been reported. Maybe, the installation wasn't properly done.

Thanks for answer bro ❤️
I dont know what your mean
X64 orx86
Your mean is 32bitor64bit?
My os is Windows 8 64bit
I have another thing but i dont know its problem or not
When i Update my warcraft to 1.31
Its make new warcraft!!!
And now i have two war3
One is 1.30 ver and two is 1.31ver:|

Level 5
What operating system are you running the game on?

Most people don't have these issues you mention.

Windows 8 64 bit
Exactly i find many guys have same problem
Like my problem
And they have alot lags and fucked fps!!
If ypu want see just search in google and see comments in battle net
I think patch 1.31 is worst pstch for billzard
I cant play w3 and in this time i play other games:) but thank you bro
Whats your version of warcraft 3
? You updated and not have lag?

Level 5
I'm currently staying in 1.30.4 version. (Didn't patch it yet for some reason)
However, I'm curious about "All natives are now zero-indexed" on this latest patch
What does it mean?
Hey my bro you have same problem like me

Have you low fps and many lags?

Level 20
Hey my bro you have same problem like me

Have you low fps and many lags?

I do experience some lag spikes on this latest patch (depends on the map) but it resolves itself somehow (so it's not a big deal for me). However, a blank map doesn't give fps drops on my end. I have win 7 32 bit tho. The only thing that makes me sad is not all the implemented natives are working and some of them have bugs. I do patiently hope that they can fix it anyway.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
@arman193: Which graphics card are you using?

Please update the drivers of your graphics card
Restart your computer
Be sure there is no third party software running which might interfere with the game or its installation/repair process
Repair your installation of the game

If you still have problems, then please refer to the v1.31.0 and to the v1.31.1 patch notes, which say:
- Expanded supported window modes within Options
- The ‘/’ command line argument flag is no longer supported (use ‘-’ instead)
- Removed: -nativefullscr (Replacement: -windowmode fullscreen)
- Removed: -fullscreen (Replacement: -windowmode windowedfullscreen)
- Removed: -window (Replacement: -windowmode windowed)
- Removed: -d3d (Replacement: -graphicsapi Direct3D9 [...])
- Remvoed: -opengl (Replacement: -graphicsapi OpenGL [...])
- (registry change) Removed: “Gfx Fullscreen” (Replacement: the window mode is now stored in the preferences)
- (registry change) Removed: “Gfx OpenGL” (Replacement: -graphicsapi OpenGL on the command line)
- (registry change) Removed: “Gfx SwTNL” (Replacement: nothing, Warcraft uses hardware texture and lighting)
- (v1.31.1) Video options are saved when switching between windowed and fullscreen mode with Alt+Enter

Starting with v1.31.0, the game defaults to using D3D11.
Additionally to what @Tommi Gustafsson already suggested, please experiment with -windowmode. A combination of both might solve your issue.

[...]I have 200 fps in 1.30!! [...]
Frame rate is not capped?

[...] I have 8 gb ram [...]
For your graphics card alone?

[...]
I dont know what your mean
X64 orx86
Your mean is 32bitor64bit?
My os is Windows 8 64bit
I have another thing but i dont know its problem or not
When i Update my warcraft to 1.31
Its make new warcraft!!!
And now i have two war3
One is 1.30 ver and two is 1.31ver:|
Starting with v1.31.0 and as per the official patch notes, WC3 comes as two versions: a 32-bit executable, and a 64-bit one.
The 32-bit Warcraft III.exe file is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\x86 folder
The 64-bit Warcraft III.exe file is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\x86_64 folder

It feels like your game is not properly installed. Please run a repair install, or completely uninstall the game and reinstall it using the official online Blizzard installer for Windows.

[...]
Exactly i find many guys have same problem
Like my problem
If ypu want see just search in google and see comments in battle net
[...]
... aaaaand we are supposed to find such comments ourselves?

Level 14
When will desyncing be finally dealt with? Why cant you just make it work like with laggers in the past? Prompt window comes with waiting for players when game will sync them up, instead of disconnecting masses of people instantly... Its not a small problem especially for roleplaying community in Warcraft 3 where something like this is insanely infuriating and disruptive, its impossible to just keep remaking games in hopes that game wont shit itself axing half a dosen people either after starting or at random ingame. It happens on almost all maps at random. Its not something that should be fixed per map to map basis, there hundreds of tousands of maps.
When we had the hosting bots from ENT online on bnet, people desynced incredibly rarely most of other issue were just disconnections, time outs and maybe a crash which is the only thing that can be map specific and desyncs have nothing with that. Instead of hidding behind release of reforged, FIX this!
I dont understand how WoW Classic and Sc1 got handled with such care and endless respect and wc3 not only gets incredibly unfaithful remake visually but also updates lead to worse experience playing the game, especially by custom games community. Desyncs are less of a problem fast paced small maps like maybe Hero push or hero arenas that fill in so fast and restarting them is no big deal, but for longer plays and roleplaying it disastrous.

Level 6
They have intentionally broken the game to force us to buy reforged and move there.

They already said they want "a single w3 community". Our custom maps were what kept w3 alive, and they knew custom maps would be weird in reforged due to old and new models being together. So they feared the community could end splited among w3 (custom maps) and reforged (basic game). So they released broken patches to destroy custom games and world editor, make them all freeze or crash, and make us wait for reforged, to ensure we also move there.

They already said: "We are not going to release any new patch for w3 because we are focused in reforged. A new w3 patch would need us to take resources from reforged, and the new patch would be overwritten by reforged, so there is no need of it. But dont worry, you will get reforged in 2-3 months!".

Well, what if i dont want reforged? What if i want to keep playing the game i ALREADY bought and we all were enjoying? Or what if i want to play reforged but i also want to play my custom map this 2-3 months till reforged comes? This is a fucking insult and disrepect towards w3 community.

Activision sucks.

Level 14
They have intentionally broken the game to force us to buy reforged and move there.

They already said they want "a single w3 community". Our custom maps were what kept w3 alive, and they knew custom maps would be weird in reforged due to old and new models being together. So they feared the community could end splited among w3 (custom maps) and reforged (basic game). So they released broken patches to destroy custom games and world editor, make them all freeze or crash, and make us wait for reforged, to ensure we also move there.

They already said: "We are not going to release any new patch for w3 because we are focused in reforged. A new w3 patch would need us to take resources from reforged, and the new patch would be overwritten by reforged, so there is no need of it. But dont worry, you will get reforged in 2-3 months!".

Well, what if i dont want reforged? What if i want to keep playing the game i ALREADY bought and we all were enjoying? Or what if i want to play reforged but i also want to play my custom map this 2-3 months till reforged comes? This is a fucking insult and disrepect towards w3 community.

Activision sucks.
I am more on the side of it all being negligence and lack of care for consequences than intentional sabotage. Several things are obvious about Reforged tho, china-pandering with the styling of "new artstyle" and future monetization mainly by skins for melee/ranked games. Customs are both neglected by all the faults but at the same time they added lua and native support for jass(tho most of proper direct features other than coding especially for terraining and misc terraining options that i requested dosens of times were not). Only thing that i would call intetional was Bots being axed when we got incredibly inferior and unstable native hosting up. It could've been done differently and with cooperation with ENT to make it a worthy replacement and without bots being removed. Waves of clueless people on blizzard forums screaming about bots when they obviously havent even played customs or wc3 itself for years did not help it. Desyncs have to be dealt with and should never result in mass instant drops of people in droves. It should just wait for them and sync everyone up - just like lagging people are.

Reactions: pyf
Level 6

It's crosscompatiblity dude.

2 guys could be playing together, one with w3 stuff and one with reforged stuff? I guess not. They have sold "it would be cross compatible" but they already said that the reforged content will be blocked for those who didnt buy it, and i guess they wont be able to play with people which indeed is using it. Also they said you will have an option to toggle graphics to w3 ones or reforged ones, but that only applies to melee, because in custom games THEY CANT swap the graphics, the doodads and unit models are those added by the mapper.

I am more on the side of it all being negligence and lack of care for consequences than intentional sabotage. Several things are obvious about Reforged tho, china-pandering with the styling of "new artstyle" and future monetization mainly by skins for melee/ranked games. Customs are both neglected by all the faults but at the same time they added lua and native support for jass(tho most of proper direct features other than coding especially for terraining and misc terraining options that i requested dosens of times were not). Only thing that i would call intetional was Bots being axed when we got incredibly inferior and unstable native hosting up. It could've been done differently and with cooperation with ENT to make it a worthy replacement and without bots being removed. Waves of clueless people on blizzard forums screaming about bots when they obviously havent even played customs or wc3 itself for years did not help it. Desyncs have to be dealt with and should never result in mass instant drops of people in droves. It should just wait for them and sync everyone up - just like lagging people are.

The negligence and useless noob workers is completly out of any discussion, is a fact. And btw, the "chinese anime looking" of what they shown from reforged was disgusting. It had nothing to do with Warcraft. Warcraft has an "artistic style" really defined. They kept it form w3 to wow, and kep it for 15 years till today in BFA. And they are going to delete all that style, to turn the characters into weird anime ones, just to make it more attractive for asians? OMFG. I really hope the arthas they shown to us was just an early pre alpha version and we could get a normal arthas in reforged, because he was terribly hard to look at.

Level 14
2 guys could be playing together, one with w3 stuff and one with reforged stuff? I guess not. They have sold "it would be cross compatible" but they already said that the reforged content will be blocked for those who didnt buy it, and i guess they wont be able to play with people which indeed is using it. Also they said you will have an option to toggle graphics to w3 ones or reforged ones, but that only applies to melee, because in custom games THEY CANT swap the graphics, the doodads and unit models are those added by the mapper.

The negligence and useless noob workers is completly out of any discussion, is a fact. And btw, the "chinese anime looking" of what they shown from reforged was disgusting. It had nothing to do with Warcraft. Warcraft has an "artistic style" really defined. They kept it form w3 to wow, and kep it for 15 years till today in BFA. And they are going to delete all that style, to turn the characters into weird anime ones, just to make it more attractive for asians? OMFG. I really hope the arthas they shown to us was just an early pre alpha version and we could get a normal arthas in reforged, because he was terribly hard to look at.
Thing is that even BFA keeps it, and most hilarious to me is that now BFA is much more accurate with appereance of Jaina and Arthas to their wc3's selves, she went back to her original outfit colours and her face is alot like wc3 one and arthas in her visions is much better and accurate than what we've seen in Culling demo and previous caverns of time arthas. Their stupid decision to replace it with .....literarily as they said Mist of padaria cinematic look is stupid, especially since they already done much better in 2015 - again(and no i wont stop repeating this) Starcraft 2's Wc3 asset pack with wc3hd heroes, best examples being the dark ranger, Paladin, mountain king and buildings like scout tower, gate, stone walls, and market all look almost spot on except for the faces on heroes which could use a rework to match original facial features fully, animations are 1-to-1 remakes of originals doing exacly the same moves but in more detail.
Wc3 deserves WoW classic and Sc1 remaster treatment....and not......this.....

You will be able to play maps which are not using custom Reforged material, like melee ones and ones not saved with the Reforged editor.
This splits the community and still sacrifices integrity with all assets we made over the years, which wont fit alongside reforged content at all. Just like putting sc2 models next to original wc3 ones doesnt look right in SC2. Its easily possible to make models high poly but to keep same texture layouts and keep the artstyle, even just by using tweaked and upscaled textures(it has to be done to remove more pixelated edges on some transparent texture bits like eye pupils and hair, rare but minor tweaking, and incredibly easy for team of high end 2d artists, detail should be just taken from textures. Outside of just blizzard communities there are big projects that just do that for Gothic 1 for example, mod called Gothic Reloaded is just that, 100% accurate texture recreations and detail in the world modelled out of textures that original game from 2001 had. Parallels betweem how Gothic looks and Wc3 does and how it is handled by the fans in that remaster mod shows how it is easily possible to do this, with resources blizzard has it would be really fast to do in comparison to such fan efforts.
Gothic is good benchmark to show how much detail textures added in this game, the same way it did in wc3(both have relatively low polycount models, but they blow their contemporaries from same genres out of the water in how nice it all looks in practice), all that has to be done for a remake it to model these out and to keep animations the same, maybe remake them like WC3hd has for higher detail for faces and hands but having exacly same motions that originals ones do and its done.....Instead of doing it the right way we get.......Reforged...

Last edited:
Level 5

Activision sucks.

Yeah i think you right about reforged
♂️Because why billzard should destroy warcraft 3 ? In new patch
I have Fortnite. Pubg. Apex
Rainbow six and all not have fps problem!!
And they tell me my Graphic card have problem
No its patch problem noobs

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I just wanted to relay soemthing Retera found out - Map files getting corrupted and zeroed in current PTR its shown here in more detail
#BlizzWantsToKillClassicWC3Confirmed
#SharWasRight
#NobodyIsSurprised

Seriously, did you REALLY expect it to happen any other way than the old game being abandoned?
I do not support Reforged in any way, shape or form, but that was pretty predictable.

Level 5
@arman193: Which graphics card are you using?

Please update the drivers of your graphics card
Restart your computer
Be sure there is no third party software running which might interfere with the game or its installation/repair process
Repair your installation of the game

If you still have problems, then please refer to the v1.31.0 and to the v1.31.1 patch notes, which say:
- Expanded supported window modes within Options
- The ‘/’ command line argument flag is no longer supported (use ‘-’ instead)
- Removed: -nativefullscr (Replacement: -windowmode fullscreen)
- Removed: -fullscreen (Replacement: -windowmode windowedfullscreen)
- Removed: -window (Replacement: -windowmode windowed)
- Removed: -d3d (Replacement: -graphicsapi Direct3D9 [...])
- Remvoed: -opengl (Replacement: -graphicsapi OpenGL [...])
- (registry change) Removed: “Gfx Fullscreen” (Replacement: the window mode is now stored in the preferences)
- (registry change) Removed: “Gfx OpenGL” (Replacement: -graphicsapi OpenGL on the command line)
- (registry change) Removed: “Gfx SwTNL” (Replacement: nothing, Warcraft uses hardware texture and lighting)
- (v1.31.1) Video options are saved when switching between windowed and fullscreen mode with Alt+Enter

Starting with v1.31.0, the game defaults to using D3D11.
Additionally to what @Tommi Gustafsson already suggested, please experiment with -windowmode. A combination of both might solve your issue.

Frame rate is not capped?

For your graphics card alone?

Starting with v1.31.0 and as per the official patch notes, WC3 comes as two versions: a 32-bit executable, and a 64-bit one.
The 32-bit Warcraft III.exe file is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\x86 folder
The 64-bit Warcraft III.exe file is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\x86_64 folder

It feels like your game is not properly installed. Please run a repair install, or completely uninstall the game and reinstall it using the official online Blizzard installer for Windows.

... aaaaand we are supposed to find such comments ourselves?
Duuudeee
I want say i play apex legend pubg
And Rainbow six you think i have bad Graphic card its GTX 1050 Titan GAMING X 4G!!!! I realy love my card Graphic support all games
You say i should Update my card Graphic ? Wtf its updated lol
Warcraft 3 is low Graphic game i know when just this game exsept other my games have low fps
Problem only for worst patch but and when i say my rams is 8gb its pure ram my ram is 16
thanks

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You say i should Update my card Graphic ? Wtf its updated lol
I asked you to please update the drivers of your graphics card.

Because v1.31.0 now defaults to using Direct3D11, someone previously suggested that you do something. Did you follow his advice?

Did you try any of the other command line arguments I have myself provided (running in OpenGL mode, using fullscreen / borderless window mode...)?

Did you repair your installation of the game, as some leftovers in the registry might lead to unexpected results? This is bound to happen with Frankeninstalls, and the fact you have written "I cant move my mouse!!!" evokes issues with the 1.28 / 1.29 line of patches iirc, for which one had to edit the registry for a workaround to this specific issue. And I am also pointing out you have written "One is 1.30 ver and two is 1.31ver", which is not how a proper installation of the game should be.

Are you running the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of the game? Someone else suggested you to try out both versions. As of this writing, the 32-bit version of WC3 is still the recommended one.

[...] Exactly i find many guys have same problem
Like my problem
If ypu want see just search in google and see comments in battle net [...]
Again, are we really supposed to find such comments ourselves? Please post some links, tia.

Level 5
I asked you to please update the drivers of your graphics card.

Because v1.31.0 now defaults to using Direct3D11, someone previously suggested that you do something. Did you follow his advice?

Did you try any of the other command line arguments I have myself provided (running in OpenGL mode, using fullscreen / borderless window mode...)?

Did you repair your installation of the game, as some leftovers in the registry might lead to unexpected results? This is bound to happen with Frankeninstalls, and the fact you have written "I cant move my mouse!!!" evokes issues with the 1.28 / 1.29 line of patches iirc, for which one had to edit the registry for a workaround to this specific issue. And I am also pointing out you have written "One is 1.30 ver and two is 1.31ver", which is not how a proper installation of the game should be.

Are you running the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of the game? Someone else suggested you to try out both versions. As of this writing, the 32-bit version of WC3 is still the recommended one.

Again, are we really supposed to find such comments ourselves? Please post some links, tia.
You think im lie?here is link check out alot players have lags :1.31.0 Patch lags?

I think you not read my comment complete
When i say i have alot high Graphic games on my pc you should think
My Hardware updated and not have problem my directx is 12 yeah i text 64x and 86x both have problem and version 86x cant Launch becuse my Windows ver 64bit
You say i Update twice?? So it not inpossible bro
And i want say yeah i test all way you say
I test my open gl
but i test it again if you say i 100% agreed is a patch problem ! And billzard destroy W3C becuse they want force us buy reforged that guy say true
whats frame rate crap you say this for answer my fps 200 in ver 1.30

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You think im lie?here is link check out alot players have lags :1.31.0 Patch lags?
Over time, many people have complained about many lag issues with many versions of many Blizzard games since at least the last ten years or so, you know...

I see 13 posts (which is not a lot to me), and after ibaraius suggested to force Direct3D9 (post #13), there was no more complaints in this specific thread. Can you please provide another one? tia.

[...] version 86x cant Launch becuse my Windows ver 64bit [...]
Your 64-bit OS can launch 64-bit executables as well as 32-bit ones. Is your game properly installed?

[...] You say i Update twice?? So it not inpossible bro [...]
Fooling around a bit, I noticed that on the MSI site, the latest featured version of the drivers for the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G for a Windows 8 64-bit OS, is v391.01, while the certified reference driver compatible with your OS found on Nvidia's site currently is v436.30

You are encouraged to double check which driver version is the best suited for your computer, based on the manufacturer of your graphics card / chipset (especially if you own a notebook / laptop).

[...] whats frame rate crap you say this for answer my fps 200 in ver 1.30
It's cap, not crap.

Because everything has to be in sync in an online game afaik, incorrect values in the registry may lead to sub-optimal performance. I remember another Hive member experimenting with some registry values with versions 1.28.x / 1.29.x; this ultimately degraded the game's performance.

That being said, we now have a thread for this kind of issue:
Lag spikes in newer patches (1.31 , 1.31.1)

Maybe a moderator will want to move the previous posts there, to keep everything in one place?

Last edited:
Level 5
Over time, many people have complained about many lag issues with many versions of many Blizzard games since at least the last ten years or so, you know...

I see 13 posts (which is not a lot to me), and after ibaraius suggested to force Direct3D9 (post #13), there was no more complaints in this specific thread. Can you please provide another one? tia.

Your 64-bit OS can launch 64-bit executables as well as 32-bit ones. Is your game properly installed?

Fooling around a bit, I noticed that on the MSI site, the latest featured version of the drivers for the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G for a Windows 8 64-bit OS, is v391.01, while the certified reference driver compatible with your OS found on Nvidia's site currently is v436.30

You are encouraged to double check which driver version is the best suited for your computer, based on the manufacturer of your graphics card / chipset (especially if you own a notebook / laptop).

It's cap, not crap.

Because everything has to be in sync in an online game afaik, incorrect values in the registry may lead to sub-optimal performance. I remember another Hive member experimenting with some registry values with versions 1.28.x / 1.29.x; this ultimately degraded the game's performance.

That being said, we now have a thread for this kind of issue:

Maybe a moderator will want to move the previous posts there, to keep everything in one place?

Hey noob i not say i not updated no i Update my drivers becuse you say and its not work so wht now fool dumb ?? You just say bullshit bro its not work i do all of you say but not worked !!!! Man you are very retard
I say in last comment my Graphic card very good
You know why?? Becuse i play alot games with high Graphic see and read my comments warcraft 3 is low old game i have alot new games 2019 beetween 2018 so my card Graphic good when i can play alot games like pubg or watch dogs 2 with out any problem so dont lie to me and say bullshit to me stupid You cant answer my question moron you think are you smart?? Lol
I say why my other games not have low fps?? If i have worst graphic
So why i can play pubg or call of duty or Rainbowsix... Why? And i have watch dog on my pc watch dog need alot Graphic and ram
Noooooob go and Learn its patch problem other my games fine just this old bullshit game have problem im fine i play my other games war3 only my old game and you cant help me lie to in all my life i just have one problem for games and its about this game warcraft 3 so i dont play war3 i play another games does not mather but dont say lie to peoples idiot

Last edited:
Hey noob i not say i not updated no i Update my drivers becuse you say and its not work so wht now fool dumb ?? You just say bullshit bro its not work i do all of you say but not worked !!!! Man you are very retard
You know why?? Becuse i play alot games with high Graphic see and read my comments warcraft 3 is low old game i have alot new games 2019 beetween 2018 so my card Graphic good when i can play alot games like pubg or watch dogs 2 with out any problem so dont lie to me and say bullshit to me stupid You cant answer my question moron you think are you smart?? Lol
So why i can play pubg or call of duty or Rainbowsix... Why? And i have watch dog on my pc watch dog need alot Graphic and ram
Noooooob go and Learn its patch problem other my games fine just this old bullshit game have problem im fine i play my other games war3 only my old game and you cant help me lie to in all my life i just have one problem for games and its about this game warcraft 3 so i dont play war3 i play another games does not mather but dont say lie to peoples idiot

It would be rude (for me) to butt in, but have you tried the option to reinstall the game?

Now, name calling is not gonna get anyone anywhere.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Mind your tone, boy. You are asking for help, someone is trying to help and you insult him.
Also, try to improve that awful grammar of yours. You're making eyeballs bleed.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
joaquin-phoenix-joker-movie-image-2-1570103578.jpeg

pyf

pyf

Level 32
@arman193:
First and foremost, please have a look here:
Site Rules

Now, I am still waiting for that other thread I asked you to provide a link to, because in the one you have already provided a solution was given because nobody complained afterwards in said thread.

As I have already pointed out, you may now post your experiences regarding any lag spikes in Warcraft III v1.31.x in this thread:
Good luck.
... (we'll need it guys).
:wink:

Coprolalia - Wikipedia
Tourette syndrome - Wikipedia

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.