1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is definetely not working.

2. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    see my edit, it is working but is zero-indexed (0 == level 1), so not consistent with unit ability natives where 0 == doesn't have ability and 1 == level 1

3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone here has news about the new "Freezing" bug that is ruining big maps? We have no idea about what is it due, several of us (LTF, KTA, FoL,...) are in a discord server and no one knows how to solve it. It is just "blizzard issues"... Shit.

Could you move to my message in the blizzard forum and like it so they read it and answer me? We need this fixed or all big custom games are dead.

1.31.1 Patch Notes

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  4. EvilNico

EvilNico

Resources:
    Resources:

In the previous version of the PTR, the map opens perfectly. In this version of the editor, the map does not open. In the previous version 1.31a of the editor, the fields in the map are messed up!

In the game itself, there is a very strange behavior and movement of units, before this was not. On some cards, there are significant delays and weaknesses when working or opening folders with triggers. The balance of the game was greatly disturbed or even destroyed in the game there was a strong imbalance. the game is ruined.

1.31.1 Patch Notes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    In current 1.31 released w3 i can open my map in we, but if i save it, it freezes and i cant do a shit. I continue maping in old version, the new ones are completly ruined.

6. EvilNico

EvilNico

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like you

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Make sure it's not a model crashing the map because of bad textures or so. When does it crash at what point on the loading bar?

8. EvilNico

EvilNico

Resources:
    Resources:
    loading triggers

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Any custom script aside GUI? Any manipulations with other editors than the official one?

10. 4rum_Arts

4rum_Arts

Resources:
    Resources:
    Has the method of inserting the external function created by the current user been changed again?
    In version 1.3, I put it in the picture, but now it does not work even if I change it to ".w3mod".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. BestZero

BestZero

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not sure if this is intended or not but the new native
    BlzFrameSetEnable
    refreshes its state to Enabled when opening up other menu. For example,
    BlzFrameSetEnable( BlzGetOriginFrame( ORIGIN_FRAME_SYSTEM_BUTTON, 0 ), false )
    will disable Main Menu UI (whether through clicking on it or via F10) but simply opening up Log (F12) menu will reset its state. Right now, this native is kind of pointless as one cannot restrict players from certain UI without people finding a way to re-enable it.

12. BizzaroFukuro

BizzaroFukuro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Apparently, Blizzard also silently added new functionality to
    -
    and
    =
    buttons: those are now tilting the camera, as modifying
    CAMERA_FIELD_ROLL
    does.
    But I'm not sure if it's introduced in 1.31.0 or 1.31.1, since I have only the latter.

13. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can report Patch 1.31.1 having random, not frequent, lag spikes, which do not appear every game. Tested with Dwarf Campaign Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods (single-player mode). System: Intel Core i5-8265U, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX 550X (Laptop), Windows 10 Home.

Really Bad Bug!

Save-Loading does not work correctly. If you do that, many triggers won't work. In Temple of the Old Gods, Baraddin triggers (e.g. Unit bought from altar = Demon Altar Sells a Unit) do not work and Bark taking up the Howling Flail (Howling Flail Picked by Bark = Bark Sharpnose Acquires an Item) does not work after Save-Loading.

After some testing, we found that Unit-specific events, such as "Bark Sharpnose Acquires an Item", do not work after loading. However, generic events, such as "Unit Acquires Item", do work.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  14. KeepVary

KeepVary

Resources:
    Resources:
    They are already existed since 1.31.0 PTR. Besides, there also has
    and
    for
    CAMERA_FIELD_ANGLE_OF_ATTACK

I don't think these functions are usefulness cause lots of custom maps tends to defining their own camera controls (other side, these functions probably got very low usage).
    Really hope for some natives which can modify those default hotkeys or set/get their functions.

15. Viran

Viran

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello. I have found serious bug. Many of specific unit events don't work after game load. For example -
    unit - starts the effect of an ability
    unit - acquires an item
    unit - learns a skill
    etc.

16. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In addition to the severe save-load bug (which makes all unit-specific events not fire), we found that patch 1.31.1 does not show custom campaign button 3 (Using Game - Show/Hide Custom Campaign Button). It works for button number 2, but not 3. You can test it with just now released Dwarf Campaign V7. When you complete Chapter 2, it does not show the button for Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods. We tested that it works in patch 1.30.4 but not in 1.31.1.

Together with the first bug, you may need to play the chapter 2 and the chapter 3 in one go, which may take some 7 hours in total - that is, because you cannot save/load.

17. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've encountered such a similar bug earlier(1.30.4) when I was translating Curse of the Forsaken into Chinese.Some chapters were randomly missing in the select menu.We could still play Chapter n,but have to replay Chapter(n-1) to unlock it.

At first I checked the w3p file of the campaign and found some interesting strings:
    cmpbt_01.jpg
    The characters I've marked by red arrows were something error codes rather than typical Chinese characters.Besides,some buttons(chapter and interlude) were not shown properly.Therefore,I had to add some strings manually to unlock the missing chapters in the select menu.

I've discussed such an issue with @tomoraider who is the author of that campaign,he had no idea of why it occured either.I thought it's probably a bug only happens in Wc3 Chinese version,some NEW strings are not compatible with Chinese.Take a look at our w3v file,what a mess:
    cmpbt_02.jpg

Which language version of wc3 are you playing?

18. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    English

19. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG,it's more serious than what I thought before.Blizzard's classic team has a lot of work to do.

20. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    So, I finally decided to risk updating to 1.31... and so far it seems decent. But the big selling point of this patch was generic Unit Damaged event, and... its not in GUI?!