• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Nice bullshit right here KKomrade
Russian eul LUL

And here it’s only clear that all that came out later is a place in the trash can. Like your speculation or reasoning about who I am or searching for and declassifying my personality (didn’t try to ask me personally?) Or the fact that "the author of 6.85ne", like the subsequent iccup, prodota, is to blame, having only evil xgm the version where their claims or accusations against Blizzard are clearly out of place.
If you need such an answer, then the "evil xgm" version and all the subsequent and resulting from here are iccup, prodota, NE, etc. ...they are not official and In the subsequent version 1.31c, it WILL NOT WORK NORMALLY!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
nobody has yet canceled the statue of discrimination!
pepe-le-pew.jpg

Level 3
Please back to topic. I need Blizzard to notice that they messed up dota xd (and apparently some other custom maps as well which all worked fine before 1.31)

Level 5
Hmm.. did the all of the new natives works correctly? I tried BlzSetUnitWeaponStringField and doesn't work.
And oh, it said that now all natives are zero indexed but it seems like it didn't affect Get unit ability level.

And oh, it said that now all natives are zero indexed but it seems like it didn't affect Get unit ability level.
This only applies to recently introduced natives that were inconsistent with pre-existing ones. The patch notes are a bit confusing, but unit ability level natives are in fact already 0-indexed, where 0 == no level (doesn't have ability).

Soooo, as some people have mentioned, 1.31 ruins a lot of maps, specially if they have imported models and edited techtrees (my campaing got completely scrambled). Is there any form to "downgrade" back to a previous version so I can start mapping again?

I have backups but I'm panicked about losing all my work.
Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files

Level 6
Anyone here has news about the new "Freezing" bug that is ruining big maps? We have no idea about what is it due, several of us (LTF, KTA, FoL,...) are in a discord server and no one knows how to solve it. It is just "blizzard issues"... Shit.

Could you move to my message in the blizzard forum and like it so they read it and answer me? We need this fixed or all big custom games are dead.

1.31.1 Patch Notes

Last edited:
Level 6

In the previous version of the PTR, the map opens perfectly. In this version of the editor, the map does not open. In the previous version 1.31a of the editor, the fields in the map are messed up!

In the game itself, there is a very strange behavior and movement of units, before this was not. On some cards, there are significant delays and weaknesses when working or opening folders with triggers. The balance of the game was greatly disturbed or even destroyed in the game there was a strong imbalance. the game is ruined.

1.31.1 Patch Notes

Attachments

• 2019-06-18 19.40.39 Error - 18012.txt
    63.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 2019-06-18 19.40.39 Error - 18012.rar
    67 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Level 6

In the previous version of the PTR, the map opens perfectly. In this version of the editor, the map does not open. In the previous version 1.31a of the editor, the fields in the map are messed up!

In the game itself, there is a very strange behavior and movement of units, before this was not. On some cards, there are significant delays and weaknesses when working or opening folders with triggers. The balance of the game was greatly disturbed or even destroyed in the game there was a strong imbalance. the game is ruined.

1.31.1 Patch Notes

In current 1.31 released w3 i can open my map in we, but if i save it, it freezes and i cant do a shit. I continue maping in old version, the new ones are completly ruined.

Level 6
Anyone here has news about the new "Freezing" bug that is ruining big maps? We have no idea about what is it due, several of us (LTF, KTA, FoL,...) are in a discord server and no one knows how to solve it. It is just "blizzard issues"... Shit.

Could you move to my message in the blizzard forum and like it so they read it and answer me? We need this fixed or all big custom games are dead.

1.31.1 Patch Notes

I like you

Level 2
Has the method of inserting the external function created by the current user been changed again?
In version 1.3, I put it in the picture, but now it does not work even if I change it to ".w3mod".
DPhqnRP.png

inxeuQK.png

Level 4
Not sure if this is intended or not but the new native BlzFrameSetEnable refreshes its state to Enabled when opening up other menu. For example, BlzFrameSetEnable( BlzGetOriginFrame( ORIGIN_FRAME_SYSTEM_BUTTON, 0 ), false ) will disable Main Menu UI (whether through clicking on it or via F10) but simply opening up Log (F12) menu will reset its state. Right now, this native is kind of pointless as one cannot restrict players from certain UI without people finding a way to re-enable it.

I can report Patch 1.31.1 having random, not frequent, lag spikes, which do not appear every game. Tested with Dwarf Campaign Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods (single-player mode). System: Intel Core i5-8265U, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX 550X (Laptop), Windows 10 Home.

Really Bad Bug!

Save-Loading does not work correctly. If you do that, many triggers won't work. In Temple of the Old Gods, Baraddin triggers (e.g. Unit bought from altar = Demon Altar Sells a Unit) do not work and Bark taking up the Howling Flail (Howling Flail Picked by Bark = Bark Sharpnose Acquires an Item) does not work after Save-Loading.

After some testing, we found that Unit-specific events, such as "Bark Sharpnose Acquires an Item", do not work after loading. However, generic events, such as "Unit Acquires Item", do work.

Last edited:
Level 3
Apparently, Blizzard also silently added new functionality to - and = buttons: those are now tilting the camera, as modifying CAMERA_FIELD_ROLL does.
But I'm not sure if it's introduced in 1.31.0 or 1.31.1, since I have only the latter.
They are already existed since 1.31.0 PTR. Besides, there also has , and . for CAMERA_FIELD_ANGLE_OF_ATTACK.

I don't think these functions are usefulness cause lots of custom maps tends to defining their own camera controls (other side, these functions probably got very low usage).
Really hope for some natives which can modify those default hotkeys or set/get their functions.

Level 1
Hello. I have found serious bug. Many of specific unit events don't work after game load. For example -
unit - starts the effect of an ability
unit - acquires an item
unit - learns a skill
etc.

In addition to the severe save-load bug (which makes all unit-specific events not fire), we found that patch 1.31.1 does not show custom campaign button 3 (Using Game - Show/Hide Custom Campaign Button). It works for button number 2, but not 3. You can test it with just now released Dwarf Campaign V7. When you complete Chapter 2, it does not show the button for Chapter 3: Temple of the Old Gods. We tested that it works in patch 1.30.4 but not in 1.31.1.

Together with the first bug, you may need to play the chapter 2 and the chapter 3 in one go, which may take some 7 hours in total - that is, because you cannot save/load.

Level 6
we found that patch 1.31.1 does not show custom campaign button 3
I've encountered such a similar bug earlier(1.30.4) when I was translating Curse of the Forsaken into Chinese.Some chapters were randomly missing in the select menu.We could still play Chapter n,but have to replay Chapter(n-1) to unlock it.

At first I checked the w3p file of the campaign and found some interesting strings:
cmpbt_01.jpg

The characters I've marked by red arrows were something error codes rather than typical Chinese characters.Besides,some buttons(chapter and interlude) were not shown properly.Therefore,I had to add some strings manually to unlock the missing chapters in the select menu.

I've discussed such an issue with @tomoraider who is the author of that campaign,he had no idea of why it occured either.I thought it's probably a bug only happens in Wc3 Chinese version,some NEW strings are not compatible with Chinese.Take a look at our w3v file,what a mess:
cmpbt_02.jpg

Which language version of wc3 are you playing?

Level 2
GldEWDL.jpg

Hahaha. The Korean version is the same as the mess.
However, the error has only recently been fixed.

PHQVhrz.png

Previously, there was no language file for the newly added function. :D

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Okay, stupid question - how do I use a JASS event in GUI trigger? Events haven't got Custom Script option, sadly.
You don't. You can however for example in map initialization with custom script:
JASS:
call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEventSimple( gg_trg_Damage_Unit, Player(0), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DAMAGED )
This adds to your trigger " Damage Unit" the event "any unit owned by player red (1 in GUI, 0 in jass) takes damage.

Level 9
You don't. You can however for example in map initialization with custom script:
JASS:
call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEventSimple( gg_trg_Damage_Unit, Player(0), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DAMAGED )
This adds to your trigger " Damage Unit" the event "any unit owned by player red (1 in GUI, 0 in jass) takes damage.
Makes sense, thanks.

Level 3
Hey guys, it said we can detect any unit is damaged now in current editor, but how, I didn't find relevant event in trigger editor tho :(

Edit: Oh, I saw previous reply, but that's for player unit damaged event right? But the update patch log said we have generic unit damaged event already??

for example, can I use:

vJASS:
call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(YOUR_TRIGGER, EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED)

Last edited:
Level 3
I asked in Blizzard forums about the DotA map and there are tons of similar threads / posts about custom maps which crash, however noone from the staff seems to care.
Is there anything we can expect from them concerning bugfixes before Reforged is published ?

Level 6
I asked in Blizzard forums about the DotA map and there are tons of similar threads / posts about custom maps which crash, however noone from the staff seems to care.
Is there anything we can expect from them concerning bugfixes before Reforged is published ?
Should we start a petition in change.org? XD

It has been a LOT of days without a fucking single word or explanation about the freezings from Blizzard.

Level 19
they're under NDA to not speak about how rushed and forced those updates were, how ambitious the idea itself is, and how incompetent to work on such a big project w/o proper QA squad. I wouldnt say they dont care. They're just in a mess which may take a while to get rid of.

Level 13
Being unable to open my project in current World Edit is kind of daunting.. QA seems more reasonable than putting the onus of testing on your modder/playerbase..

Level 6
Eh, if Blizzard is forced to react, we all know what they'll say.
"You think you want a stable working game, but you do not. Do you guys not have Reforged prepurchased?"

Jajajaja.

To be honest, they might have said that on the blizzcon, but after all the rage and complains, they were forced to start working on a diablo 4. Or at least to say that they were working on It... Meanwhile we dont have a bug fixing patch, neither a single Word of being working on it.

Level 3
Hey there,

So I keep trying to fix the Bara Ulti crash in Dota caused by 1.31 patch.

Code:
call TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(Nu,.0,true)
call TriggerAddCondition(Nu,Condition(function BaraMorphAnimation))

Could it be that TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(Nu,.0,true) now causes crashes when the 2nd value is set to 0 ? I changed it to 0.1 and it seems to fix the issue. Did anyone make similar experiences? Would be nice to know, since I could then move on to fix the random Invoker crashes ...

Thanks in advance !

Edit: By the way the Bara ulti crash only occurs when the game is at least running for ~8+mins ...

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey again,

sorry for bothering again, but I just wanted to tell that the expression TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(Nu,.0,true) indeed caused the problem. After updating the map and putting the value to 0.1 DotA doesn't crash anymore when Bara uses his Ulti (tested in dozens of games and in Bnet ppl are very happy to play this lame hero again :> )

I hope someone responsible will read this and fix this - excuse me- lousy patch.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey again,

sorry for bothering again, but I just wanted to tell that the expression TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(Nu,.0,true) indeed caused the problem. After updating the map and putting the value to 0.1 DotA doesn't crash anymore when Bara uses his Ulti (tested in dozens of games and in Bnet ppl are very happy to play this lame hero again :> )

I hope someone responsible will read this and fix this - excuse me- lousy patch.

I don't have much knowledge about Jass, but what exactly is the difference between TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic & TriggerRegisterTimerEvent?
I've tried to convert every Timer Event i know from GUI to Jass, but couldn't find one that matches yours. Is it any different to the ones known in GUI?

Btw, good job finding the problem!

Level 3
They are almost the same. Your function calls "my function" with the boolean parameter set to true:
Code:
function TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic takes trigger trig, real timeout returns event
    return TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(trig, timeout, true)
endfunction

(If the boolean parameter is set to true it is periodic otherwise not)

Last edited:
Level 6
I received some info about the "Freezing issue" that is affecting a lot of maps, making them unplayable. Some guys have told me that it might be due to Blizzard breaking "every 0.01 seconds" event, the games will freeze around 10-15 mins if it is used even if the trigger is properly coded, on or off, running or not.

Some maps are freezing even without using the "every 0.01 seconds", so other "timers" might have been corrupted by last blizzard patch. If you all that own how to code could investigate it and share your discovering, we all would appreciate it. You would save custom games!

Maybe other events affected are: "0 seconds elapsed time" or even bigger "every X seconds" due to blizzard chaning how the game "detects" the time, or making the smaller time unit bigger than previously (as they reduced the max amount of variables), also it could be related with they making variables 0 indexed or how the game now writes, storage or reads variables (or now it going mad if u dont set initial value for variables).

If you could give a look to this and discover what is causing the freezing, all the mappers will thank you a lot, cause nowadays we are in complete darkness, blind, blizzard have not answered yet, they are silent and all we know is what we can research and discover by ourselves. So if some guys and girls so expert as u could help us with this research, we could solve it much earlier.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.