• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 131live.png
    131live.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 224,344
Looking good so far.

Only a few things to mention:

Marking terrain in maps that were created in earlier versions of the WE causes a crash.

Rearranging trigger categories in maps that were created in earlier versions of the WE is awkward and buggy. Not a big problem, but slightly annoying.

Level 3
Warcraft III still taking +500MB at either the version of x32 or x64 when creating a room or joining a map. Related to that, it also spikes at that same moment or when you finish a game.

This was new on 1.31 and wasn't on 1.30. Hope you are working on it because it's really annoying

Level 4
The editor is very laggy now. 2-3 second delay when trying to open up even the trigger editor, and the. 2-3 seconds clicking on folders and individual triggers. The terrain is laggy too. Trying to work with this updated editor would be painful, and I am reverting back down to previous version.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Instead of being harsh and launching out negative things about some features that have problems at the moment and will be soon solved, you could all be thankful to the fact that Blizzard is still f***king working on this game. Released in 2002-2003 and still played and updated and YOU complain about problems that appear from time to time and they are soon solved. Have you ever wondered how hard is to work on a game? How much pressure does that team have upon them? Harsh comments like "it's buggy and it will always be like that" are not helping them. Instead, you could try to point out those problems in a better way with suggestions and proper feedback, unlike "IT DOES NOT WORK, SHOO BLIZZARD". Might get some hate from those that posted things like those but I assume this.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Instead of being harsh and launching out negative things about some features that have problems at the moment and will be soon solved, you could all be thankful to the fact that Blizzard is still f***king working on this game. Released in 2002-2003 and still played and updated and YOU complain about problems that appear from time to time and they are soon solved. Have you ever wondered how hard is to work on a game? How much pressure does that team have upon them? Harsh comments like "it's buggy and it will always be like that" are not helping them. Instead, you could try to point out those problems in a better way with suggestions and proper feedback, unlike "IT DOES NOT WORK, SHOO BLIZZARD". Might get some hate from those that posted things like those but I assume this.
The new patch is the worst thing Blizzard ever released for Warcraft 3.

SAME SAME SAME AND I F***ING HATE IT.
I think you actually might hate yourself.
Seriously, how much of an hypocrite can you be? What are you trying to accomplish with this?
What.jpg

Jokes aside, obviously people like the game and if something is wrong with it they will speak and raise their "war cry"'s at the developer's beasts, we know they can do better than this. In order for things "to be solved soon" they need to be commented and detected.
People are just annoyed of the fact they break things repeatedly. Is that wrong? No. That's called criticism. Both of your posts contain everything but criticism, but oh wait...you already knew that. You know what? Let's take your brilliant idea to a test and let's act totally uninterested and NOT ANYTHING TO BLIZZARD FOR ALL NEXT PATCHES DURING 3 MONTHS. Because GOD FORBID US, to say anything bad about anything, or to be annoyed at a certain extent.
*Son comes home from school with his parents after being banished from punching some other kid and doing major danregous pranks*
Father - Everything's ok son, that school was just being totally mean to you.
200 IQ move.

Level 3
Soooo, as some people have mentioned, 1.31 ruins a lot of maps, specially if they have imported models and edited techtrees (my campaing got completely scrambled). Is there any form to "downgrade" back to a previous version so I can start mapping again?

I have backups but I'm panicked about losing all my work.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

@Wrda I only said it once not dozens of times as others or even you might've done. I did not insult you and you totally got my point wrong. I won't waste time explaining it to someone like you. Your post was reported btw.

Level 2
I tried Dark Ranger with Drain Life and a custom unit with Siphon Mana (unit ability) and they seem to be working fine.

Thanks, I copied some of my units and abilities into a fresh map, and the abilities worked fine. But in my own map, these abilities are not working correctly. I'll keep trying to find the bug.

Level 3
Are you talking about the new 1.31.1? According to the patch notes those issues introduced with 1.31 proper should have been fixed.

Thanks, I'm an idiot. I thought I was testing one of my backups but it turns out that I was still automatically selecting the same file and was seeing the corrupted routes of the unit data again. Sorry.

Hmm I fail to see how my comment is, as stated by you, *harsh*.. Especially when seen next to comments like this:
download-png.325237

I am actually very pleased with this new patch, but let's be honest with ourselves, the WE will probably always contain a few bugs here and there. I am fine with that. As long as there are workarounds and they're not game breaking.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 3,898
Last edited:
Level 3
I am maintaining the 6.85ne DotA map for the Battle.net community (fixed 20+ bugs and added some useful features). The last 1.31 patch now caues all DotA maps (even earlier versions which I didn't touch) to crash the game when certain hero (currently 2 are 100% confirmed) abilities are used. The 1.31.1 patch didn't fix it all.
I won't go into details how mad I am ...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I am maintaining the 6.85ne DotA map for the Battle.net community (fixed 20+ bugs and added some useful features). The last 1.31 patch now caues all DotA maps (even earlier versions which I didn't touch) to crash the game when certain hero (currently 2 are 100% confirmed) abilities are used. The 1.31.1 patch didn't fix it all.
The subject title is not related to DotA.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

DotA is a game mode in Warcraft. The main point of his post is that several abilities in Warcraft 3, in a DotA map, is failing and causing crashes. I don't know if you knew, but DotA originates from Warcraft 3.
You serious? I know from where DotA originates but he is not "maintaining" 6.85 for the community since that's Dracolich doing.

You serious? I know from where DotA originates but he is not "maintaining" 6.85 for the community since that's Dracolich doing.

Right, well it's still a Warcraft 3 map which makes it relevant. Cheer up buddy, nobody here killed your cat but you're being overly hostile towards everyone :p

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Right, well it's still a Warcraft 3 map which makes it relevant. Cheer up buddy, nobody here killed your cat but you're being overly hostile towards everyone :p
I'm not hostile. o_O:eek:

I don't like that 0 indexed native it's inconsistant.
If you use "get current level of ability" that is level 1 it will get level 1 but for trigger editor level 1 is level 2 so it will affect level 2 of the ability instead of level 1 even though the trigger still consider it the current level of the ability.

Level 3
Dracol1ch abandoned Battle.net a long time ago and is developing 6.89+ for the 1.26 patch. Hence I am maintaining the 6.85 map in regards of bug fixing. Dunno why this is a problem for you.

and thanks @FeelsGoodMan

Last edited:
Level 3
Code:
BlzSetUnitWeaponStringFieldBJ(GetTriggerUnit(),UNIT_WEAPON_SF_ATTACK_PROJECTILE_ART,0,“Abilities \\ Weapons \\ PriestMissile \\ PriestMissile.mdl”)
[/ code]

it's no work,how to use it?

Last edited:
Level 4
The world editor will not save my map more than once. It crashes after it saves. It is very slow to use, triggers have huge delay when selecting them. I cannot work on my project with it as it is at the moment.

Level 1
I don't like that 0 indexed native it's inconsistant.
If you use "get current level of ability" that is level 1 it will get level 1 but for trigger editor level 1 is level 2 so it will affect level 2 of the ability instead of level 1 even though the trigger still consider it the current level of the ability.

That's the one part I'm worried about. Does anyone knows at least what gui triggers are affected by this? I use a lot of "get current level of ability" and I hope not many triggers will need a +/- 1.

Level 1
I could use some help with this Patch.
My custom maps work again (yay thank god).
However I have no idea how to access them in game, am I supposed to save it in a different way than before?
It just doesnt show up in my custom game maps folder.

Does it normally crash when i actually select any part of the terrain in the editor after i loaded the map in the editor? I can't seem to use the editor properly most of the time (like 85% of the time) It's horrible.

I provided a video below.

Also, the map i opened is created using World Editor from 1.27.

Last edited:
Does it normally crash when i actually select any part of the terrain in the editor after i loaded the map in the editor? I can't seem to use the editor properly most of the time (like 85% of the time) It's horrible.

I provided a video below.

Also, the map i opened is created using World Editor from 1.29.

I have the same problem here.

Also another bug i found. This doesn't happen in the old version of world editor (even with JNGP) - both screenshots included.

Honestly i am really pissed with these latest updates, ever since they introduced the CASCs and updates in the World Editor everything i frequently used is just broken (terrraining tools, unit placing, unsorted trigger options etc). I have both versions installed and i think i'll just stay at 1.27b until i see these problems fixed.

Old Version - 1.27B
yes.png

New Version - 1.31.1
no.png

Proof of me using both versions
no2.png

yes2.png

I do not really want to resist updating my game, but if i can't use it properly i can't stay with it.

Edit: I am told that using 32 bit version of World Editor fixes the problem, i might give this one a second chance.

Edit: Based on my testing the items bug is still there (the one i attached here), the one where item can't be selected in the palette, the world editor crashes however is gone.

Last edited:
Level 14
The new patch prevents me loading my campaign at all. The WE just crashes.

Weirdly, the campaign does play but I can't edit it at all. Just to be clear:

1. If I open WC3 and click Single Player, then Custom Campaign, etc., I can start the campaign and play it.
2. If I open WC3 World Editor, and then click the Campaign Button, and Open Campaign, it crashes when I select my campaign.
3. It doesn't crash when I open the Dwarf Campaign I downloaded here at the HIVE.

I tried older versions of the campaign too, and they crash as well.

Is anyone else having this problem? I tried the x32 and x64 bit World Editors.

The error code is: EC490772-5B52-42A4-8090-E472350DAC7F

Also another bug i found. This doesn't happen in the old version of world editor (even with JNGP) - both screenshots included.

Honestly i am really pissed with these latest updates, ever since they introduced the CASCs and updates in the World Editor everything i frequently used is just broken (terrraining tools, unit placing, unsorted trigger options etc). I have both versions installed and i think i'll just stay at 1.27b until i see these problems fixed.

Old Version - 1.27B
View attachment 325424

New Version - 1.31.1
View attachment 325423

Proof of me using both versions
View attachment 325425
View attachment 325426

I do not really want to resist updating my game, but if i can't use it properly i can't stay with it.

Edit: I am told that using 32 bit version of World Editor fixes the problem, i might give this one a second chance.

Edit: Based on my testing the items bug is still there (the one i attached here), the one where item can't be selected in the palette, the world editor crashes however is gone.

I experienced this bug too, only with terrain tiles. Closing and re-opening the palette solved it for me.

Level 4

Yeah same happens with eden rpg

The editor is very laggy now. 2-3 second delay when trying to open up even the trigger editor, and the. 2-3 seconds clicking on folders and individual triggers. The terrain is laggy too. Trying to work with this updated editor would be painful, and I am reverting back down to previous version.

1. I can confirm that the Trigger editor is almost unusable due to extensive lag. It also crashes after you try to access it through the Object Manager (F11).
(System: Intel Core i5-8265, Windows 10 Home, 16 GB RAM.)

2. Menus are still lacking shortcuts, which I have complained about for at least a year. The shortcuts work, they are just not listed.

Level 13
With initial 1.31 release, I was unable to save my map. As of this patch, I am unable to OPEN my map in editor. damn.

Last edited:
Level 9
I have a strange problem with the editor. I seems to happen randomly. Some times the button in the unit or terrain palette is always selected in green even if i select other things. Also if i create a custom tileset or custom units sometimes i can't select the new ones i made because another one is selected instead of them.

Last edited:
Level 6
1. I can confirm that the Trigger editor is almost unusable due to extensive lag. It also crashes after you try to access it through the Object Manager (F11).
(System: Intel Core i5-8265, Windows 10 Home, 16 GB RAM.)

2. Menus are still lacking shortcuts, which I have complained about for at least a year. The shortcuts work, they are just not listed.

Flipping through the folders with triggers in one of the map, I noticed this. In my map, so far this is all right. By the way, the same problem is observed in Starcraft2 but there it is already clinically - I didn’t think that such a speed is an ehto bug. Yes, where some folders with triggers for a very long time opens - this never happened!

I want to mark the maps created in the new version of the editor are still not uploaded to Epic War.com

I am the original creator of dota (eul)

As I understand it, you are editing war3map.j

but you do not have the original scripts - for this you should understand that this will not work any further as long as you probably do not have war3map. WTS, WTG Which I have

on this the method that you created will lead to further collapse!

A huge number of varieties of modifications to my pillbox also create certain troubles for players since there is no clear idea of which version is the latest newer and so on. For example, there is version 6.85 from iCCup — Ladder, low ping, full statistic. Here I emphasize mandatory change log. Also, many people forget that a localization department was created for the pillbox and in each version the localization file from war3map was extracted and replaced with MPQ Master, for example, in slk, which made the same version compatible in different languages. But now in the community, as in DotA itself, chaos is happening as everyone creates a version of DotA in their own language - completely forgetting that I or a player are completely from another country and I have a different language. The authors also do not interact and do not cooperate with each other. You need to understand that this is not an official version and it will never work correctly. And you need to understand that Blizzard constantly conjure what development was very complicated became almost impossible. I am a developer of other cards and, as I have previously written and stated, I cannot, in principle, continue to create them as the tool has changed many times!

This is not the official version of the pillbox and you need to understand that it will not work correctly!

And then I’m not very happy that my DotA is edited by personalities such as including Icefrog or Valve with Guinsso, at least I had at least some kind of agreement and positive relationship. But probably Guinsso is the one who is guilty of this that the source of my pillbox alsstars fell into the wrong hands to Valve fraudsters headed by IceFroge. At least I know for sure that something happened in AllSTars while the co-author was involved in the development of my pillbox, and it was then that IceFroge was formed, I understand that he stole or fraudulently got the source pillars from the AllSTars archive.

I’m not going to update DotA before. Yes, and there’s no particular interest, it has lost, or so let's say its landscape, I’m just tired of it. That's why I started developing WoW Dota in due time and some steps were taken and taken in that direction (I created and did everything cool on the Starcraft2 engine - but after Blizzard, they did the same with StarCraft in the previous patch and as a result you know this - all names are mixed up, all descriptions are mixed, all scripts are mixed up, or something is revealed in this hodgepodge - is it possible? Even if you need to not forget about the time I invested about how many years I worked and worked for Blizzard without leaving out of the house like normal guys and cone m result of how I was robbed Valve. And now Blizzard or Valve takes my DotA as it monitors its own property or makes it sell game items - in other words, it monopolizes and I don’t understand how it differs from banal theft and violation of my rights. Not to mention the fact that icefroge is a banal thief who just stole the source code of my AllStars dota and need to know what Frog destroyed AllStars!) But also stopped after manipulating Blizzard with the code, as I was just tired of copying it to the new version every time after Alchemy Blizzard .

And you have to understand that you’ll be tired of doing the same thing, only your work will be complicated by the fact that you have predestined to rewrite the whole war3map.j - which is practically impossible for me to do this!

Those changes that I wanted and proposed in 2009 took place only now, besides at that time they already existed in the Jass NEWGEN Pack - this editor is even better than the one now from Blizzard. Just look how many years have passed. For 10 years I sat and waited for Blizzard to hear me - but it was an urgent need to fix it then in 2009-2011, but not now. Regarding Reforget, I don’t even know what kind of mutation it is, but ask for a price for purulent 256-256. 512-512 landscape of the soil without shaders that have not even bothered to fix since the release of 2003 (which is clearly evident in the video of the announcement) - I think this is a perversion!

Attachments

• 2019-06-13_151001.jpg
    2019-06-13_151001.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Has anyone tried using BlzGetAbilityStringField() to get ability's name? It returns (null) instead of the actual ability name

Here's the actual code used. Tell me if I did anything wrong

Code:
set a = BlzGetUnitAbilityByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(),i)//i is the index for ability I want to get
call BJDebugMsg(BlzGetAbilityStringField(a,ABILITY_SF_NAME))

Getting the stringlevel for its order work fine tho

Last edited:
Has anyone tried using BlzGetAbilityStringField() to get ability's name? It returns (null) instead of the actual ability name

Here's the actual code used. Tell me if I did anything wrong
Looks fine.
On the first ptr of 1.31 an abilities name returned its inner class name, but that feature seems to be removed on the live version. Its was something like "CAbilityAttackBonus" or "CBuffAuraCommand".

Status
Not open for further replies.