1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.30.1.10151 PTR Update

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Filters are BLP images that you can show on the game screen through trigger actions.

2. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ah, now understood, I dont think so

3. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    And it'll take you a split second to be fixed too.

I'm sorry but again I will talk about DotA. It seems that multiple sounds cannot be played simultaneously. (If you have played DotA) For instance, when a "Double Kill!" sound and a "Dominating!" sound have overlapping play time, one sound will interrupt the other. Can blizzard give some more priorty to bugs in war3's new sound engine?

thank you

4. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Will test mine and a few others, thanks Kam

5. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    @Kam
    Could we get a fix for the model river rushes? It has material set to unshaded, causing it to be day-light-bright all the time in-game. Simply get some one to untick that one setting and replace the old versions on the MPQ and the model should be fixed (and become usable for mappers).

Also, we did some testing with people on PTR for Island Defense, the crashes and desyncs did not happen there, which hints of them being fixed - but we did not test extremely intensively to be exactly sure, but nothing seemed to be broken - apart from unit using certain models (Witch Doctor attack missile?) did not display any special effects / attachments on it if it died - some players claimed they previously did, but I am not sure - anyway I think it would be good to tell it here. (Perhaps it has something to do with the model having instant death animation and "hiding" - did something change for PTR here?)

Oh also, would it be possible to get some one check what causes changing minimap color of doodads/destructibles in editor to sometimes corrupt the map file?

Ability "Spawn Hydra Hatchling(s)" is missing from the editor - hydra now has spell "Unknown (RawId)" on it - might want to fix that.
    Echo Isles has creep camp (guarding mercenary camps) that drops level 1 charged item - such item does not exist.

Regarding future:
    Any plans to improving the code helper for the editor? If yes, any idea when and what?
    Any plans to give us option to make the "Channel" ability instant, with more options, like not cancelling commands and skipping animations etc.? Currently making a tutorial regarding other options for this - here on hive.

6. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I hope they inject TESH into their toolchain for the world editor. It would be great, and a necessary change that will complement the Blizz-Helper. (Blizzard's JassHelper mix).

7. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Another bug I've found sharedmodels\Udbirth.mdx is not working, I've tried it with our hd version it was somewhat half working, but vanilla version is all but gone, can someone else try constructing undead buildings?

Adsız.png
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That was an issue even way back when ALT+TABbing (minimizing the game) that the night elf and undead build animations would bug.

9. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Looks like now we don't need to alt tab to break it

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Video options to the highest, right?
    Try this: freshly restart your PC, start the game (without minimizing) and see what happens, please.

11. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yup everything is on high etc, tried again now after restarting and without minimizing, result is the same
    (nevermind the hd models the build model for nelf is vanilla)
    Adsız.png

I mean I hope it is just me but I don't think so

12. mwsdevcom

mwsdevcom

Resources:
    Resources:
  13. K.D.G

K.D.G

Resources:
    Resources:
    -nativefullscr do give me 5-20 fps

but -opengl did give me 60+ fps

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can we have the full length of the text in the countdown timer? Now it's only a part of it due to the timer window's restricting space. Or maybe it's because of the limited resolution on the PTR?
    Please, make a proper minimize option. It's annoying to have the game in the background. It always pops up to the back hiding the desktop when you click some other program.

Also, teams are shown in a confusing manner on the loading screen; instead of all the players from one team being one under the other on the same column, you get some of the players on another row but of course connected to the others from the team:
    PTRPlayerTeamsIssue.png
    Also, other UI remaining issues. When there are many players and teams/forces in maps you cannot choose the AI difficulty and other things for the bottom player slots:
    PTRUIForces.png
    the same with the handicap and there's a visual glitch on that yellow arrow:
    PTRUIHandicapNArrow.png
    Again, this stuff is from before. Just a reminder.

Honestly, I've not encountered any bugs on the map I was working on. The few (>20) imports that are in there didn't cause any issues.

Fun fact (worker animation issue that's probably from the start of TfT):
    PTRNagaWorkerAnimationFun.png

EDIT: actually it looks like imported loading screens don't work. I get a black screen.
    This is how I made it: Simple Loading Screen

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  15. opium911

opium911

Resources:
    Resources:
    Before we start, my computer details:
    Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3,40 GHZ
    Ram: 16 GO
    Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
    Operating System: Windows 10 Family Edition
    Desktop resolution: 1280 X 1024
    Computer monitor: NEC MultiSync LCD 1830 (5:4 ratio monitor)

Now here are the bugs/problems/issues that I found in this 1.30.1.10151 PTR version:

1) Once you install the PTR, the standard Frames per second you will get would be a range between 73 FPS to 100 FPS.
    If you go in the Warcraft 3 registry by typing "Windows key + R".
    You then type "regedit".
    Go to: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III Public Test\Video"
    Go to "lockfb" and change it to "0".
    Go to "maxfps" and change it to "0".
    Go to "refreshrate" and change it to your own actual monitor refresh rate.

Once you have changed those 3 things, visual rendering is vastly improved. I was able to achieve Frames per second varying between 543 FPS to 1016 FPS.

Therefore, if you can adjust it in a way that as soon as you install the game, those changes are already done in the registry and that the user doesn't have to manually change them himself.

2) If you join a game or you have created a game.
    When the countdown starts for the game to begin, at 3 seconds the button "Cancel" gets disabled and therefore there is no way to leave at that point.
    In previous versions, the "Cancel" button stayed active until 0 seconds.

I don't know if this is intended.

3) If you are in -nativefullscr mode, and you Alt-Tab.
    You will be brought on your computer's desktop.
    If you re-click on the game tab at the bottom in order to play again, the game seems to hang for a few seconds in order to re-adjust to the in-game resolutions resulting in 6-7 seconds of waiting time.

4) If you click on "Custom Game" to find any game to join.
    Then you click on any of the "Available Games" in order to join the game.
    Once you click on "Cancel" to leave this game, it will bring you back to "Welcome to Battle.Net" screen instead of the "Battle.Net Custom Games" screen.

I am not sure if this was already designed that way.

5) Once you close the game completely, it takes a few seconds again to re-adjust to the desktop resolution.

6) Switching the in-game resolution results in a considerably long processing time ; approximately 7 to 8 seconds.

7) If you use your "Native video resolution" such as 1280 X 1024 X 32 in my case, mouse precision becomes completely off.

Here you can see the cursor close to the "Gameplay" option:
    Link: Imgur
    (Cursor still has not lighted the "Gameplay" option)

Here you can see the cursor actually lighting the "Gameplay" option:
    (Cursor has lit the "Gameplay" option and it's still considerably far)

***This shows us that on "Native in-game resolutions", the cursor's coordinates are definitely wrong. ***

This issue needs strong adjustments on your side.

I also believe it doesn't apply to "Native video resolutions" but also to all other video resolutions. The problem seems to be "magnified" and a lot more visible on higher resolutions and seems to be the most prominent on "Native in-game resolutions".

8) If you use a standard in-game resolution such as 1024 X 768 X 32.
    Mouse positioning also seems off.

Here you can see the cursor close to the "Video" option:
    (Cursor still has not lighted the "Video" option)

Here you can see the cursor actually lighting the "Video" option:
    (Cursor has lit the "Video" option and it's still considerably far)

***Even on standard in-game resolutions, it seems mouse precision is not too good. It's there ; it's just not as visible as in the "Native video resolution".

9) Start the game.
    You will hear a constant very high pitched background noise in "AT ALL TIMES".
    This very high pitched background noise is always present from the moment the game is opened until it is completely closed.

10) Join or create any game.
    Close to your own player color, there is the percentage section.
    The arrow is always overlapping the percentage you have.
    Therefore, either make this box bigger so that it fits the "Percentage" and the "Arrow" or remove completely the "Drop-down arrow".

Now as for game crashes, it's hard to reproduce them if there are no players actually playing the PTR.

I believe we will encounter the crashes when the patch goes live because now we can't test much with no one there.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  16. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can we have a world editor fix soon, sometimes when placing tilesets it glitches and doesn't place them down and lags a few seconds. Its not a big issue just throwing it out there.

Also i agree above, when adding 24 players some areas get cut off and you are not able to see anything, it would be good to edit these areas and for the loading screen also.. maybe make the names smaller so they can fit in the correct areas.

17. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  18. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @OP, instead of (Keep the information coming) I think you should re-write it into (Keep up the good finds)

19. CanFight

CanFight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Middle mouse button event/condition does not work. Can not tell if it is both or just one of them as it does not work at all.

20. opium911

opium911

Resources:
    Resources:

@Kam All those things I listed in my previous post were done using -nativefullscr

So -nativefullscr was "Activated" at all times during my testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.