• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30.1.10151 PTR Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
I haven't finished with the testing yet but I want to give credit when it's due: the PTR seems to work better than the currently released version with maps such as Iceborn and Gaias Retaliation no longer crashing on load. Further tests and problems will be edited in.

^^ Now, that is the height of irony. :)

In my findings, based on how GetEventDamage() and BlzSetEventDamage() works, I was able to deduce that these functions return the value of a variable. On a zero-damage event, the game does not (apparently) read the variable associated with damage interpretation, which results in incorrect behavior. The behavior of a zero-damage event in-game is perhaps the lack of an internal SetWidgetLife() call, where the aforementioned function is not the same as the common SetWidgetLife().

Now, on an event that allows detection of hiding, it has been stated by some as a non-functional event. In that case, I would certainly find it very interesting to reactivate.

All of these things have been tested in Patch 1.29.2, but I presume that the problems here still persist.

Attachments

• vJASS Damage Detection.w3x
    199.4 KB · Views: 312
Level 5
upload_2018-9-7_23-5-2.png

When clicking, multiboard button is still bugged.
Let guess when blizzard will fix this?

Level 11
upload_2018-9-8_9-35-50.png

This is from DSGs BLP test map.

Couple of things don't add up here:
  • Devotion Aura icon not showing up in hero abilities but shows as a buff icon for nearby units. ( PTR World Editor says that it can't load it among other BLPs)
  • As you can see in the picture the Blood Mage model is screwed up for some reason.
  • And the images that DSG imported don't show up as well ingame.

EDIT: This may just be an inconsistency because of CASC.

Attachments

• BLP Test Map3.w3x
    940.5 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
^^ Now, that is the height of irony. :)

In my findings, based on how GetEventDamage() and BlzSetEventDamage() works, I was able to deduce that these functions return the value of a variable. On a zero-damage event, the game does not (apparently) read the variable associated with damage interpretation, which results in incorrect behavior. The behavior of a zero-damage event in-game is perhaps the lack of an internal SetWidgetLife() call, where the aforementioned function is not the same as the common SetWidgetLife().

Now, on an event that allows detection of hiding, it has been stated by some as a non-functional event. In that case, I would certainly find it very interesting to reactivate.

All of these things have been tested in Patch 1.29.2, but I presume that the problems here still persist.
What are you talking about here? Do you mean if you try to change a zero-damage event to a non-zero value, it still only apllies 0 damage?

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
^^

Yes, that is what I am pertaining to.
Well, that certainly isn't working as intended. But that's an easy workaround to implement for the user. I'd prefer if they spent developer time integrating something like GetOriginalEventDamage (damage applied before Mana Shield, Anti-Magic Shell, armor and armor type calculations).

With latest ptr the models with textures using different width and length are broken example if a texture is 1024x512 model won't work but it was working till that ptr, and probably there is another issue that game cant read if texture is bigger than 1024x1024
Can we have filters with greater resolution than 512x512 now? I read that support for big BLP files should have been added already in 1.29 but I am not sure.

Can we have filters with greater resolution than 512x512 now? I read that support for big BLP files should have been added already in 1.29 but I am not sure.
Well if we are talking about model textures every resolution was working(kinda) even in 1.26 I was using 2048x2048 res textures for trees in our mods old versions for 1.26 but now we can't do it since this ptr (tried some weird resolutions and stuff too just to be sure) but worst thing is the .tga support if it is gone it will really have an impact on our mods models

Level 5
@WeirdEditor The multiboard button alignment bug is not a priority at this time but will be fixed. It is only visible for a split second.
And it'll take you a split second to be fixed too.

I'm sorry but again I will talk about DotA. It seems that multiple sounds cannot be played simultaneously. (If you have played DotA) For instance, when a "Double Kill!" sound and a "Dominating!" sound have overlapping play time, one sound will interrupt the other. Can blizzard give some more priorty to bugs in war3's new sound engine?

thank you

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
@Kam
Could we get a fix for the model river rushes? It has material set to unshaded, causing it to be day-light-bright all the time in-game. Simply get some one to untick that one setting and replace the old versions on the MPQ and the model should be fixed (and become usable for mappers).

Also, we did some testing with people on PTR for Island Defense, the crashes and desyncs did not happen there, which hints of them being fixed - but we did not test extremely intensively to be exactly sure, but nothing seemed to be broken - apart from unit using certain models (Witch Doctor attack missile?) did not display any special effects / attachments on it if it died - some players claimed they previously did, but I am not sure - anyway I think it would be good to tell it here. (Perhaps it has something to do with the model having instant death animation and "hiding" - did something change for PTR here?)

Oh also, would it be possible to get some one check what causes changing minimap color of doodads/destructibles in editor to sometimes corrupt the map file?

Ability "Spawn Hydra Hatchling(s)" is missing from the editor - hydra now has spell "Unknown (RawId)" on it - might want to fix that.
Echo Isles has creep camp (guarding mercenary camps) that drops level 1 charged item - such item does not exist.

Regarding future:
Any plans to improving the code helper for the editor? If yes, any idea when and what?
Any plans to give us option to make the "Channel" ability instant, with more options, like not cancelling commands and skipping animations etc.? Currently making a tutorial regarding other options for this - here on hive.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Another bug I've found sharedmodels\Udbirth.mdx is not working, I've tried it with our hd version it was somewhat half working, but vanilla version is all but gone, can someone else try constructing undead buildings?
That was an issue even way back when ALT+TABbing (minimizing the game) that the night elf and undead build animations would bug.

Video options to the highest, right?
Try this: freshly restart your PC, start the game (without minimizing) and see what happens, please.
Yup everything is on high etc, tried again now after restarting and without minimizing, result is the same
(nevermind the hd models the build model for nelf is vanilla)
Adsız.png

I mean I hope it is just me but I don't think so

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Can we have the full length of the text in the countdown timer? Now it's only a part of it due to the timer window's restricting space. Or maybe it's because of the limited resolution on the PTR?
Please, make a proper minimize option. It's annoying to have the game in the background. It always pops up to the back hiding the desktop when you click some other program.

Also, teams are shown in a confusing manner on the loading screen; instead of all the players from one team being one under the other on the same column, you get some of the players on another row but of course connected to the others from the team:
PTRPlayerTeamsIssue.png
Also, other UI remaining issues. When there are many players and teams/forces in maps you cannot choose the AI difficulty and other things for the bottom player slots:
PTRUIForces.png
the same with the handicap and there's a visual glitch on that yellow arrow:
PTRUIHandicapNArrow.png
Again, this stuff is from before. Just a reminder.

Honestly, I've not encountered any bugs on the map I was working on. The few (>20) imports that are in there didn't cause any issues.

Fun fact (worker animation issue that's probably from the start of TfT):
PTRNagaWorkerAnimationFun.png

EDIT: actually it looks like imported loading screens don't work. I get a black screen.
This is how I made it: Simple Loading Screen

Last edited:
Level 3
Before we start, my computer details:
Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3,40 GHZ
Ram: 16 GO
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
Operating System: Windows 10 Family Edition
Desktop resolution: 1280 X 1024
Computer monitor: NEC MultiSync LCD 1830 (5:4 ratio monitor)

Now here are the bugs/problems/issues that I found in this 1.30.1.10151 PTR version:

1) Once you install the PTR, the standard Frames per second you will get would be a range between 73 FPS to 100 FPS.
If you go in the Warcraft 3 registry by typing "Windows key + R".
You then type "regedit".
Go to: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III Public Test\Video"
Go to "lockfb" and change it to "0".
Go to "maxfps" and change it to "0".
Go to "refreshrate" and change it to your own actual monitor refresh rate.

Once you have changed those 3 things, visual rendering is vastly improved. I was able to achieve Frames per second varying between 543 FPS to 1016 FPS.

Therefore, if you can adjust it in a way that as soon as you install the game, those changes are already done in the registry and that the user doesn't have to manually change them himself.

2) If you join a game or you have created a game.
When the countdown starts for the game to begin, at 3 seconds the button "Cancel" gets disabled and therefore there is no way to leave at that point.
In previous versions, the "Cancel" button stayed active until 0 seconds.

I don't know if this is intended.

3) If you are in -nativefullscr mode, and you Alt-Tab.
You will be brought on your computer's desktop.
If you re-click on the game tab at the bottom in order to play again, the game seems to hang for a few seconds in order to re-adjust to the in-game resolutions resulting in 6-7 seconds of waiting time.

4) If you click on "Custom Game" to find any game to join.
Then you click on any of the "Available Games" in order to join the game.
Once you click on "Cancel" to leave this game, it will bring you back to "Welcome to Battle.Net" screen instead of the "Battle.Net Custom Games" screen.

I am not sure if this was already designed that way.

5) Once you close the game completely, it takes a few seconds again to re-adjust to the desktop resolution.

6) Switching the in-game resolution results in a considerably long processing time ; approximately 7 to 8 seconds.

7) If you use your "Native video resolution" such as 1280 X 1024 X 32 in my case, mouse precision becomes completely off.

Here you can see the cursor close to the "Gameplay" option:
Link: Imgur
(Cursor still has not lighted the "Gameplay" option)

Here you can see the cursor actually lighting the "Gameplay" option:
(Cursor has lit the "Gameplay" option and it's still considerably far)

***This shows us that on "Native in-game resolutions", the cursor's coordinates are definitely wrong. ***

This issue needs strong adjustments on your side.

I also believe it doesn't apply to "Native video resolutions" but also to all other video resolutions. The problem seems to be "magnified" and a lot more visible on higher resolutions and seems to be the most prominent on "Native in-game resolutions".

8) If you use a standard in-game resolution such as 1024 X 768 X 32.
Mouse positioning also seems off.

Here you can see the cursor close to the "Video" option:
(Cursor still has not lighted the "Video" option)

Here you can see the cursor actually lighting the "Video" option:
(Cursor has lit the "Video" option and it's still considerably far)

***Even on standard in-game resolutions, it seems mouse precision is not too good. It's there ; it's just not as visible as in the "Native video resolution".

9) Start the game.
You will hear a constant very high pitched background noise in "AT ALL TIMES".
This very high pitched background noise is always present from the moment the game is opened until it is completely closed.

10) Join or create any game.
Close to your own player color, there is the percentage section.
The arrow is always overlapping the percentage you have.
Therefore, either make this box bigger so that it fits the "Percentage" and the "Arrow" or remove completely the "Drop-down arrow".

Now as for game crashes, it's hard to reproduce them if there are no players actually playing the PTR.

I believe we will encounter the crashes when the patch goes live because now we can't test much with no one there.

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Can we have a world editor fix soon, sometimes when placing tilesets it glitches and doesn't place them down and lags a few seconds. Its not a big issue just throwing it out there.

Also i agree above, when adding 24 players some areas get cut off and you are not able to see anything, it would be good to edit these areas and for the loading screen also.. maybe make the names smaller so they can fit in the correct areas.

Level 3
Level 3
11) Go to "Battle.Net Custom Games" screen where you see all the custom games being hosted.
Locate a game that is actually being hosted and that is "STILL" visible to you.
Double click the game that you want to join.

Now normally if this game has started, the game will disappear from the list and you will get a message along the lines of "The server could not locate your game." and you would have to press on "OK" in order to refresh the list of games available.

The problem that is occurring now in this PTR patch and it seems to be also occurring even in the active 1.30.0.9922 Patch, is that the server will be trying to find the game you initially wanted but in an indefinite loop manner.
The game you initially wanted to join will disappear because it is no longer available ; either because it already started or the host cancelled the game.
The game will be completely unresponsive and you cannot even escape from this screen.
The only accessible button is the "refresh" button for the game list but this leads to nowhere because you still can't click on any of the available games.

The only solution to this problem is CTR + ALT + DEL, or ALT-TAB'ing the program so that you can close completely the application.

11) Go to "Battle.Net Custom Games" screen where you see all the custom games being hosted.
Locate a game that is actually being hosted and that is "STILL" visible to you.
Double click the game that you want to join.

Now normally if this game has started, the game will disappear from the list and you will get a message along the lines of "The server could not locate your game." and you would have to press on "OK" in order to refresh the list of games available.

The problem that is occurring now in this PTR patch and it seems to be also occurring even in the active 1.30.0.9922 Patch, is that the server will be trying to find the game you initially wanted but in an indefinite loop manner.
The game you initially wanted to join will disappear because it is no longer available ; either because it already started or the host cancelled the game.
The game will be completely unresponsive and you cannot even escape from this screen.
The only accessible button is the "refresh" button for the game list but this leads to nowhere because you still can't click on any of the available games.

The only solution to this problem is CTR + ALT + DEL, or ALT-TAB'ing the program so that you can close completely the application.

Well it would be nice if already started game would be totaly removed from the list.

Also i pray for a day when different game interface would be made. Cause after every click cancel-leave (inside custom game lobby) warcraft sends me to chat room,(its kinda new padding window), then you must select either ladder or custom games-which is again new padding window.Probably same when game ends. I think chat can exist along with game list . After so many years its kinda annoying , i mean even dota 2 mods solved it long ago lol - but i hate dota 2 and i like blizz so : What we gonna do damn

Oh heres is to demonstrate how 1 very old moba did it , i hope its allowed for showcase.A perfect example of simplicity with lot of content to preview in a 1 breath.While you are chating,news are poping up,ads,without interupting your chat.

72rHTZ7.png

CyxEaDJ.jpg

WS1BWgj.jpg

Last edited:
Level 3
12) Log-In to Battle.Net
Remain on the main screen where it says "Welcome to Battle.Net."
Click on the top left image section where it is written "Welcome to Battle.Net".
It is supposed to lead you to "Battle.Net".

So the game will minimize and you will be on your desktop but it will not trigger any website.

Therefore, when you click again on the Warcraft 3 application that was minimized, it brings you back into the game.
Now at this point, anywhere you click on that "Welcome to Battle.Net." screen will also constantly minimize the application and constantly try to trigger the "Battle.Net" website.
So even clicking outside the "Welcome to Battle.Net" image section will trigger application minimization.

Level 6
I just installed the PTR in my laptop (I cannot install it in my daily pc right now) and this is my conclusion for the mouse lag:

- With -nativefullscr the mouse delay seem to be gone. The problem is the transition with Alt+Tab is not smooth at all. It's really slow.
- Without -nativefullscr there is still mouse delay.
- -graphicsapi OpenGL2 is simply not working.

Other problems (will be editing):

- There are still issues with the sound. F.e: if you're in the main menu and you click on "Single player" the sound is echoed, probably because its played more than once.

Bug in public 1.30:

- Something went wrong in this game on this map. The players nor the obs are/were displayed in the loading screen and in the replay, the spawn position for the obs is not one of the players's base.

Setup:

- i5-4210U.
- Nvidia 840M

Last edited:
Level 4
I know there's been a ton of reporting regarding sounds, I'd like to chip in on that.

I apologize in advance if this has been detailed elsewhere. I read and searched through several pages for keywords that match what I'm describing and haven't found anything specifically describing this issue.

Weather sounds are messed up. It seems that when a weather effect (rain, for example) is created, then turned on, the looping raining sound effect is instanced as a positional sound effect. It would also appear that it is created at the location of the camera view and also again when the camera enters the region containing the weather effect.

I made a quick recording that demonstrates the issue in-game. This is the most info I can provide at this time, but if needed I can put together a demonstration map another day.

~El

Level 17
I tested my maps and things more or less seem to work fine.
One other more interesting aspect... Some things seem to have started working faster. By which, I mean, certain resource-intensive operations now take less time to finish. Notably, unit creation and terrain deformations.
There's no way for me to confirm this, since we don't have benchmarking natives, but I guess this is an improvement.

Level 15
avahor's etales is working well with this patch
Indeed last updated version of etales was done with 1.27 using JNGP and vex optimizer. unfortunately I've no luck with current mindwork editor (I really like the way that editor is being improved). the generated map falls in some sort of OP limit touch that I cannot get rid of. In old versions this problem was easily solved using vexorian optimizer but it's incompatible with latest editor map versions (at least for me). I tried with j file modification too, even replacing call init with call executefunc.
@Kam I don't know if this issue can be categorized for current PRT checks. tell me if it fits plz.

Level 5
Is it within the realm of possibility to make it so that I DON'T get kicked from Bnet because I had a new line at the end of the game name in search when I press Enter?
I sometimes copy the gamename from a hosting bot website and paste it in Bnet to join. BUT I leave the new line that was copied by mistake in.. and I get a 10 minute ban from Bnet! Whyyyyyyyyyyy?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.