1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Murlocs and Glory

Submitted by Null
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Murlocs and glory

You as the villagers must transform your shelter into a war base and save the captured prince.
There is a some more lore and i won't spoil any of it.

The gameplay:
-you must defend against the murlocs and attack them
-you get income from animals.
-almost new units with new buildings
-contains heroes and demi-heroes
-doesn't contain any imported models, abilitys, or skins
-Almost all the wrong/missing tooltips
-Worked a bit on the terrain
-Added the timer
-Fixed some of the grammar errors .
-Added some custom icons and repositioned some icons.

Nothing more to say, it is a quite simple map.
It is my first functionable map. I hope you like it.
If you have any sugestions ,please let me know.
Join the The Archdefenders Discord Server!
Previews
Contents

Murlocs and Glory (Map)

Reviews
WhiteFang
A played the map a bit,and to me it was a confusing experience Already in a loading screen,there are grammar and spelling mistakes.There are even more in the cinematics in the map itself. There is no in game info in the quest menu or any hints or...
Daffa the Mage
Please provide a changelog in the description if you have addressed issues on WhiteFang's post (specify how you solved the issues) as well as other changes you have made. Until then, I have this at Awaiting Update.
deepstrasz
Forces are still bugged/not filled with the necessary (computer?) players. Force 2's player has no team. You manually have to select it. Everyone is in the same team, 1 by the way, 2 is unselectable even though there. The intro can't be skipped....
  1. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please provide screenshots and more informations of the map such as what it features and a general guide as well as change logs.

2. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    A played the map a bit,and to me it was a confusing experience

Already in a loading screen,there are grammar and spelling mistakes.There are even more in the cinematics in the map itself.
    There is no in game info in the quest menu or any hints or tips or the like
    There is no timer for when the enemies attack,so i had no idea if I had time to look around and try stuff out or if I had to immediately start preparing
    Some descriptions,like Defensive Tower and Farm,are incorrect.For example,Defensive tower still displays as Guard Tower and Farm still has the description of the base game farm,despite having different purposes like training animals an providing researches
    The ability used to get gold from animals is not at all instant as it says.There is quite a delay where the worker just looks at the animal before it eventually explodes
    The terrain is quite lackluster,most of it is just empty grass.A map like this doesn't need a very detailed or amazing terrain,true but still,would be pleasant to see some of that empty space utilized,or at least a larger tile variety

Those are the issues i've noted in my playthroughs.The map is quite slow paced,but it has potential to be better and is by no means terrible,especially for a first map.As Daffa mentioned,a better description here on the hive,preferably with screenshots,would be ideal.

Good luck,if you need any help or have any questions,feel free to ask

3. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please provide a changelog in the description if you have addressed issues on WhiteFang's post (specify how you solved the issues) as well as other changes you have made. Until then, I have this at Awaiting Update.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Even from the minimap you can get the idea of the terrain being mostly empty, with little tile variation.

There are two forces and the second has a computer player with no team. In the first one there's another slot but the map is listed for one player.

1. What's the point of spending 5 gold on a sheep to get 5 gold? Fruits give 2...
    2. Take Food's duration is too long and it might start over if the sheep gets away while the channeling is underway.
    3. This slow gold gaining process is not helping, really. It's an annoyance.
    4. Demolition Potion and Medical Aid icons should look active. You can make them so with this: Button Manager v1.8.2
    5. Molotov's buff is called Flame Strike and looks like it.
    6. Siege House's build menu position should be changed with Science Laboratory's since you need the first to build the latter.
    7. Pure Water should have a passive icon. You can use the program mentioned above to make it look so.
    8. Too many worker types that do too little.
    9. The enemy seems to attack with the same few unit types.
    Generally, it's a nice concept but there's so much more to work on: terrain, gameplay etc. Play some maps of the genre to get more inspiration.
    Read the guides below.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    eubz
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Forces are still bugged/not filled with the necessary (computer?) players. Force 2's player has no team. You manually have to select it. Everyone is in the same team, 1 by the way, 2 is unselectable even though there.
    2. The intro can't be skipped. Making Cinematics Skippable
    3. Terrain is still pretty unbearable. Please learn from the guides above and develop your map further.
    Substandard.

(previous comments: Murlocs and Glory)