• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Steel, Blood, and Glory v2.04o

----------map designer Presents----------

Steel, Blood, and Glory
Created by map designer

The Vision behind its existance

1. I did not like how the melee system is a bit complicated ... millions of flyers and mages that are hardly controlled... and three heroes!! one hero should be enough, one leader.
  2. I found the campaign first chapters fun to play, especially ROC, when there were some units available only: Human chapter 5, Undead chapter 3~5, Orcs chapter 3~5, and a little bit Night elves chapter 3.
  3. I like lord Garithos and his knights( not his personality). In my first version, I just added him to a map and played against normal AI, building only knights and footmen (no triggers).
  4. I like "logic" in the map, and I can never sacrifice it for the sake of balance.

*any further points referring to the philosophy will be coloured lime
I will tell you the story of me making the map at the end>>

Features:

1. One hero is allowed
  2. Different units and upgrade are available to different heroes, few of which are made and do not exist on the normal melee maps. each has his speciality, and has his own men and followers.
  3. Few heroes are added to each race
  4. Ogre Mercenary camp guarded by ogres. Only BeastMaster can recruit ogres, and only when he defeat their lord.

• Philosophy: since the BeastMaster is half ogre and half orc, he may negotiate with ogres. They only accept to aid him and none else: he is the only one that may be worthy, if he have slain the ogre lord.
  5. Bandits Mercenary camp guarded by Bandits. Only Warcheif can recruit bandits, and only when he defeat their leader.

• Philosophy: Bandits may only help humans, and he must be one with pride in battle, like the Warcheif. They only help if Bandit Lord was slain.
    • Philosophy:How come a paladin hires mercenary bandits!! HE CANNOT ABANDON HIS VIRTUES.
    • Philosophy:Maybe I make Dark Ranger hire both ogres and bandits if she controlled their lord...maybe
  6. Huge Fish Camp near fountain of health
  7. Some Heroes get abilities upon leveling up, or learning a skill, and under certain conditions: refer to the trigger, hints, or tool tip description of each hero
  8. Slightly different items in the goblin Marchant shop, non of which is super or very strong, and slight changes overall, to states of some heroes and units (regeneration, armor, abilites)

Some else stuff about map:

Heroes gathered their men and followers and set their camps. Who proves to be the best? who is catching the honour and pride? Plan your strategy, gather your forces, and win the glorious battle.

Screenshots:

Image Description:
Human Army

205495-albums5691-picture59255.png

!
Image Description
Orcish Army

205495-albums5691-picture59256.png

Image Description:
Undead Army

205495-albums5691-picture59257.png

Image Description:
Night Elven Army

205495-albums5691-picture59258.png

Image Description:
Bandits' camp

205495-albums5691-picture71024.jpg

Image Description:
Ogres' camp

205495-albums5691-picture59261.png

Image Description:
Goblins lab

205495-albums5691-picture59259.png

Advice is welcome specifically for
  1. Siege weapons balance. I intend to make it ogre stone thrower, an ogre from Hive, for the Beastmaster.
  2. Human towers prices, since I made Human's guard tower fortified.
  3. New units stats, including HP, Mana, damage, armor,food, and price.
  4. Attributes of Ranger General, Dark Ranger, and Priestess of the Moon.
  5. Night Elven Armies: which units for which heroes
Current bugs and problems

1. Naga: old workers do not build and player be revealed.[*]sound set of Ranger General is bad for now. I basically want just to rearrange the sound from the original sound set of Sylvanus Windrunner, but I could not do this without importing, and thus making the map filesize huge. For that, I just stuck to old sound set of Sylvanus.
  2. I want paladin hero to have shining light when he casts spell, like his sub-ordinates young paladins.
  3. I want the paladin to be able to train knights, but this may unbalance the game....you know that silver hand should have knights,right?
  4. Game Interface sometimes Change!!
  5. Description of some units/buildings/etc.. needs to be improved.

Current Plan, in the order of priority, is:

1. Improving AI so that it chooses random hero rather than specific one, blade master in the orc case. I will also improve AI difficulty. This will hopfully enable real fun even in single player mode :)
  2. Changing the terrain, probably making new map for 8~12 players (what do you think?)
Change Log:

uploaded

Added:
  • Night Elven AI: Priestess of the Moon

Added:

• Fixed some hot keys and writings
  • Scrolls of mana are 1 and no longer 5 scrolls in the merchant shop
  • Silverhand Paladinsnow have resistant skin ability. This makes them un-digestable or charmable or controlable by banshees.
  • Warlocks, blood fiends, and fel hounds now also use the upgrade of back pack
  • Warchief has 10% chance to bash for 2 seconds instead of 20% to bash for 2.5 seconds
  • reworked plates of war damage reudction to be 3.5 for iron plates and 7 for golden plates instead 7, 11

Added:
  • Modified item drops for the big neutral camps
  • Demon Hunter no longer can play the Night elves; instead, it has naga army and has model file of illidan(Evil)
  • Redistributed the naga army between Demon Hunter and Naga Sea Witch: The hunter takes Myrmidon and Naga Royal Guard, limited to 4, 1, repectively, while the Sea Witch takes the siren and Couatl, as well as the associated upgrades of ensnarre, abolish magic, and siren master training.
  • Warchief: Rebalanced Plates of War, making it only blocks ranged attackes (7, 11)
  • Warcheif: Rebalanced shield of Honour, making it block 18% of melee attacks instead of 15%
  • Warcheif: Rebalanced intellegence growth, making it semilar to that of the Tauren Cheiftan instead of 1 starting int and 0 growth. This only makes the warchief vulnerable to mana burn and man siphon spells, as he never uses his mana.
  • Ranger General starting agility increased from 19 to 21, making it equal to that of the Dark Ranger
  • Demon Hunter's model file has changed to that of Illidan (Evil)
  • Movement Type of Demon Hunter and Naga Sea Witch has changed to Amphibious, enabling them to walk on water.
  • Rearranged Night Elf army: Mountain Giant has moved from demon hunter to Warden, while Druids of the claw has moved to Keeper of the Gorve. Huntressess has been removed from Keeper of the Grove. Keeper of the Grove also can no longer upgrade archers.
  • Added Furbolgs camp to the north of the map
  • Priestess of the Moon can now recruit Furbolgs up the death of Furbolg Champion

Added:
  • Fixed the Green icons of Plates of War and Golden Armour when f10 is pressed

• Fixed Hotkey of Comradeship
  • Fixed the some tool tips

• Rebalanced warcheifs shield of honour: 18% to block 65 damage
  • Fixed the tooltips of the Warcheif as well as other units
  • warlocks of the blade master are now unarmored
  • fixed bug that warcheif can train unlimited amount of captains instead of not being able to build them: Warchief can no longer train any captain after golden armour upgrade
  • Ranger General now have Frost Arrows, just like the Naga sea Witch, instead of Cold arrows.
  • Crypt Lord now have burrow ability when he has burrow upgrade. His model need to be fix though... :/ and tool tip I think
  • Fixed the bug that Keeper of the grove cannot recruit bears

• Fixed the bug that demon hunter cannot recruit Naga royal guard. I apologize for this and the bears' bug.
  • Rebalanced Furlbolgs gold and lumber costs.
  • AddedFurbolg Elder Shaman Briliance Aura.

• Replaced Goblin's lab with Fountain of Health
  • Added some Doodads near Bandits camp

• Added "-unshare", "-share", and "-fullshare" commands, to change controlabitly of Ally AI

Added:

• Added Corrupted Night elves race to the night elves. They follow the ordinary, and not the winged, demon hunter
  • Added new building to pitlord: Demon Gate. This building summons a power Demon from the burning legion in the nether world every 100 seconds
  • Added void walker for the pitlord, as basic archer unit
  • Removed Gargoyles from the pitlord special units. Now only the dread lord can train Gargoyles.
  • Extended Flesh Decay Time from 2.00 seconds to 60 seconds. This will make it look more realistic that the corpses stay for longer and decay slowly as in real battle.

Added:
  • Void walker now requires halls of the dead
  • fixed few timer window issues appearing multiple times when more a second and third demon gate is summoned
  • limited number of Demon Gates to 1 per player. It did not really change how it functions
  • Buidling Demon Gate now requires buildable ground and is prevented by unblighted land, in object editor settings
  • Deleted a couple of broken old triggers
  • Fixed bug that warchief AI not running in v2.04b

Added:
  • Fixed bug that corrupted night elf players cannot upgrade there unit's Attack and Defense
  • Rebalanced the prices of corrupted trees, of Life, of Ages, and of Eternity

Added:
  • Fixed bug that Keeper of the Grove Night elf players do not have well spring upgrade.

Added:
  • Fixed bug that Night elf players do not have Well Spring upgrade for Warden and Priestess of the Moon

Added:
  • Fixed a couple of bugs with wisps issues of night elves. Now both night elves and corrupted night elves have same wisps. The corrupted night elves' wisps look purple while the pure ones look blue
  • Removed mana shield from archmage
  • Added summon fire elemental for archmage and mud golem
    thats what i recall for now
  • Fixed some leaks :)

Added:
  • Replaced Summon Fire Elemental Hero Ability of Archmage with summon Water Elemental. Sorry that I forgot to do it before!

Credits:

Special Thanks:

These two have helped me with their excellent triggering skills greatly!

Models:

Icons:

Tutorials/Systems:

Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Gamer_David has made fascinating terrain for army screenshots
  • defskull has greatly helped me with the screenshot triggers

Other:

Author's notes:

Here, I will tell you the story of this map's creation.

My start was just placing lord Garithos, which has same model as warchief, at like 2010~2011, few months before I join. I placed him in the middle of Plunder Isles. I had put my own roles, to me and to those friends who play with me. It was basically cancelling some units, but then, when I played vs the orcs and found there heroes un-crushable by an army of footmen, I added one hero rule.

After I found the AI too easy for me, I started searching here and there. I found orc master AI, made by blizzard. I imported it and then played. I found easy as well, with the times passing.

Then I moved to DragonFire map, playing vs 2 orcmaster AI's, making sure I am in their middle that they attack from all the sides. After that, I made the human AI, so the game will be 2 human vs 4 orcs. I bit I could win after too tough fights.

-This is why I joined hive btw: to help me first run my AI to all the 6 players in the map players, then to help me with the map. You can see that in my first posts.-

And then, after a while, I sought a map with good, fitting terrain, and I selected Gold shire. I still think it is decent, though a map with more players would be better.

Demonstration Video:

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
steel, blood, and glory, glory, altered melee, melee, altered, high elf, blood elf, warcheif, zalbag, naga,
Contents

Steel, Blood, and Glory v2.04o (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet18:10, 8th July 2013 Map Approved Steel, Blood, and Glory (Version 2.04e) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
Level 16
Well, I play older version before and it's amazing, I love it 4/5 :)
Also, about the corpse, don't do that, it will become annoying especially for Undead.
why? Undead can raise as soon as the unit dies. thus, it does not depend on the decay time, it only depends on the death time set for the unit, which is fairly close to the death animation time of the unit, and it cannot be set to more than.

When a necromancer raises a decaying unit, the body immediately vanishes regardless of the decay time. that what i just tested.

Ummm you still dont like it?

Level 16
You can, instead of making a fountain, put somre kind of Static area healing item/build for each faction, thus removing the need of a neutral building( maybe making it so that each player can only place 1 at a time/build only 1).

I think a fountain is fine. initially I though its imbalacing the mages, as the mage heal ability is nearly useless, but then I thought that mages are already over powered when they mass slow or mass inner fire or blood lust etc and there is SHOULD be no problem adding a fountain to balance that.

regarding building healing structure, I think it isnt really that necesary, at least for now; it seem to be a little bit complicated solution and fountain of health is good enough. though I might do an alternative later

Thank you for your suggestion

Edit:
ok guys, next update version 2.04 will be about demon hunter... ummm
for now having that satyr that can cast curse and one that can cast blood lust and archers and corrupted treant and will have dark wisp as his worker... what else?

also, it seems that unit composition isnt that good for, so do you guys have any suggestion for better unit composition for the demon hunter?

Last edited:

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
map designer, at your request, I am reviewing your map Steel, Blood, and Glory. My first impressions were good, as you had a nice looking description on the Hive with good use of BBCodes, although there were a few grammatical errors. I also didn't get exactly how you modified this map. I'd like you to be a bit more specific in some sentences such as "Different items in the neutral shops and slight changes overall" or "goblins near the lab". I wasn't really sure if I was getting slightly customized races with new heroes and a new unit to help the hero or a tiny techtree of specialized units for the hero. When I began the map, I made my Altar of Kings, Farm, and Barracks immediatly, and once the Altar of Kings was done I saw the new heroes you made for the Alliance. You had nice, long tooltips with color. That's good! I chose Archmage. I'm curious, why did you change Water Elemental to Fire Elemental? Did you want to demonstrate the Archmage's prowess over the magic by giving him an ice spell, a fire spell, and arcane spells? The reason I'm asking is because Fire Elemental doesn't seem to synergize with the rest of the spells. I liked the little hint you placed in the game that said I would get Mana Shield if I upgraded Brilliance Aura. I'm guessing all the other heroes have something the same, and it's really cool how you customized the races to fit the heroes. You also have a nice AI that works well. I couldn't find any bugs besides the ones you already have stated (and most of those aren't actually bugs, just preferences). The idea is pretty original and I think it was pulled off well.
I'm going to give you rep and your map a
4/5
(I'm sorry my review wasn't very long. I didn't feel like writing a lot this morning.)

(I'm sorry my review wasn't very long. I didn't feel like writing a lot this morning.)

Lol, you can use some rest for reviewing too much :p

Also, the siggy xD
Still remember that day.

On Topic :
I recommend a set for DemonHunter Hero.
I think Satyrs will do for this tho, with the set as you stated before.
Also, a new 8 or 12 player of this map would nice, like you said on 1st post [the map description] :)

Level 16
map designer, at your request, I am reviewing your map Steel, Blood, and Glory.
Thank you!

My first impressions were good, as you had a nice looking description on the Hive with good use of BBCodes, although there were a few grammatical errors.
Feel free to point ANY out, at any time. I do fix any errors I pass by, but I might not be able to pass by all the errors, in the game and the description all by myself. Pointing the small errors is good enough, so, YES, BE PICKY on that!

I also didn't get exactly how you modified this map. I'd like you to be a bit more specific in some sentences such as "Different items in the neutral shops and slight changes overall"

I just meant that they are not very significant, as what are all the items I have put in the shop. In fact it was just scrol of mana, as I can recall, which did not exist on normal melee maps. slight changes overall are also insignificant and include stats of some heroes, the fire elemental of the archmage, and the some abilities added to SOME of the heroes upon leveling, which are too much, for the reader, to state in the description. Now I replaced point 8 of the features with

Slightly different items in the goblin Marchant shop, non of which is super or very strong, and slight changes overall, to states of some heroes and units (regeneration, armor, abilites)

or "goblins near the lab".
Now replaced point 6 of the features with:
Huge Fish Camp near fountain of health
as there is no longer lab or goblins camp, but rather replaced with fish (I cant say fishes :p)

I wasn't really sure if I was getting slightly customized races with new heroes and a new unit to help the hero or a tiny techtree of specialized units for the hero.
Added to Feature, point 2:
, few of which are made and do not exist on the normal melee maps.

When I began the map, I made my Altar of Kings, Farm, and Barracks immediatly, and once the Altar of Kings was done I saw the new heroes you made for the Alliance. You had nice, long tooltips with color. That's good!
Thanks ^_^

I chose Archmage. I'm curious, why did you change Water Elemental to Fire Elemental? Did you want to demonstrate the Archmage's prowess over the magic by giving him an ice spell, a fire spell, and arcane spells? The reason I'm asking is because Fire Elemental doesn't seem to synergize with the rest of the spells.
  • To make him distinct from the Hydromancers (or the rookie mages): I gave them summoning tiny water elementals, and he, to be different, summons fire elemental.
  • I saw archmage's attack shooting fireballs, but did not really like that he has no fire spell
  • I think it would be fairly good to give archmage some additional magic attacks
  • I actually want to change the summon fire elemental animation of the archmage to the attack animation, where fire surrounds his staff instead of the water appearing
Hmmm, why do you think it doesnt synergize with the other abilites? Also, I just had the thought of giving him quite a few summons at level 10, MIGHT include water elemental, fire elemental, golem, mud golem, and ice elemental, but no storm elemental as it is for orcish shaman. That wouldnt really change the tide of the game because summons become less useful later of the game, when the armies are masses. for that i might take away mana shield.

I liked the little hint you placed in the game that said I would get Mana Shield if I upgraded Brilliance Aura. I'm guessing all the other heroes have something the same, and it's really cool how you customized the races to fit the heroes.

No, not all heroes are the same. for now, only human Warchief (probably excesively), and human archmage. For the future, some mana blocking spell for the Bloodmage, having that cool kael item, some, probably roar, for Beastmaster, some spell for keeper of the Grove, and finally passive abilities for the archers' league: Ranger General, Dark Ranger, and Priestess of the Moon.

Some Heroes get abilities upon leveling up, or learning a skill, and under certain conditions

You also have a nice AI that works well.
Good! I plan to update that to be more fun of all the heroes, but I just need to deal with some game play stuff before D:
I couldn't find any bugs besides the ones you already have stated (and most of those aren't actually bugs, just preferences). The idea is pretty original and I think it was pulled off well.
I'm going to give you rep and your map a
4/5

Don't worry, I'm glad to see reviews and comments about my map :D
Thank you!

Edit: oh you said it wasnt very long, lol I have read the other way around!
Now back to mapping

Merged post:
Lol, you can use some rest for reviewing too much :p

Also, the siggy xD
Still remember that day.

On Topic :
I recommend a set for DemonHunter Hero.
I think Satyrs will do for this tho, with the set as you stated before.
Also, a new 8 or 12 player of this map would nice, like you said on 1st post [the map description] :)

the one who does blood lust is satyr hell caller which should be limited to 1 in total, cuz he has animated dead. The animated dead differ from that of the death night that the units can be attacked and not invulnerable.

as for the 8 players, I have one but... it isnt really neat or anything: it just doesnt fit the standards of hive yet.

Last edited:
Level 32
The clan I am in will really love to play this, but there are like 40 of em, and this is 4 players.

Like I said before, a different maps with much more players would really be fun.

Im thinking of moving all of your unit systems into some of blizzards melee map so the clan could play >_>

Yeah, that badly map designer :D. Wanna play this map tomorrow like you asked?

Keep improving.

Level 16
The clan I am in will really love to play this, but there are like 40 of em, and this is 4 players.

Like I said before, a different maps with much more players would really be fun.

Im thinking of moving all of your unit systems into some of blizzards melee map so the clan could play >_>

Yeah, that badly map designer :D. Wanna play this map tomorrow like you asked?

Keep improving.

Ok, I cant deny your request any longer. Here you go!

as for taking the map data into another terrain*, I dont mind that at all.

the 12 player map IceCrownGlacier or something should be good, as it has fountains (of health I hope) on its own, and its of 12 players. Would like me to do that as well? I just am quite close of finishing the demon hunter stuff

and.. tommorrow. well Im fine, though I might not be free all the time. Just stick around in hive chat and we'll sort it together.

Edit:
Hmmm

Just finished the test of the demon hunter with corrupted elves. I am nearly done, and I was inspired to make keeper of the grove have some treants for training, because demon hunter had corrupted treants. This should be the main tanking unit instead of the bear. The bear units should be moved for the new Elite druid of the claw hero.

So, what are your ideas guys for the bear hero? I am thinking of an ability, be it ultimate or not, that transforms him to bear, but... the other spells? It should come from him in the begining, like... the keeper of the grove is binded with nature, and his spells are entangle roots, summon trees, and making units spiky as natural plants, and the last one I dont really know. so what do you guys think?

Also, I just now remember that cenarius has revived the land: Keeper of the grove spell will be just reviving dead trees ;)

Last edited:
Level 16
Please don't double post. I think emerald gardens would actually be better. In IceCrown you can't do a fair FFA.
Sorry!

Keeper of the Grove should stay as the melee one. Bear is already Rexxar's thing, and keep the druid of the claw as it was in melee also.

you mean I shouldnt add for him the ability to raise trees back like cenarius? why, it shouldnt be that strong ability compared to the other heroes.
and when I said bear with night elves, all i meant is druid of the claw (they r also bears)

so what I thought is that I should make another druid of claw hero who can recruit druids of the claw.
------------------
Edit
Ok guys,
I quite close to finish the update. Just a last check on triggers maybe and I'll do quick changes to the game play constants to make the battle look cooler with the corpses staying longer
Hopefully it will be uploaded by tommorrow
Edit:
Here goes the Corrupted Night elf and the Demon gate updates. I hope you guys like it :)
Demon Gate: This buildings link this world with the twisting nether. Summons a chaotic unique Demon unit every 100 seconds.

and I apologize for the bad quality models of corrupted Night elves. I will have to find fitting skins and model. I think you will notice that ancient protector and tree of life attacking animations are not that good

Last edited:
Level 16
I am very exited for the next update, but you double posted again -_-

That was already 25 hour, aint counted double post (not just 5 or 10 minuts or one hour whatever

I couldve sworn that keeper of the grove already has that spell (eh I never play NE)
oh, you thought keeper of the grove already raise broken or eaten or destroyed trees from the ground? :) no, its just that cenarius revived the land when we were doing campaign with orc and grom shredded the whole night elf land and cut down almost all trees. So cenarius revived them.

Time to wreck the enemies with my burning legion :3
Good, I hope you enjoy it!
--------
As for the update, I have just fixed a couple of stuff in this update:
-void walker now require halls of the dead as well as grave
-fixed timer window issues so no multiple windows show when another demon gate is destroyed
-limited number of gates to build to 1
-set gate to not be able to be built on other structures or on unblighted ground. I.e., Buidling now requires buildable ground and is prevented by unblighted land, in object editor settings
-Deleted a couple of broken old triggers

Will add this to description... sometime

Edit: and most importantly, I fixed the warchief AI not running (because I had delete it for somereason and then reimport it but i forgot to reimport)
Lucky I am that I wanted to test pitlord against the warchief and so I spotted that.

By the way, there is a command,"-who?", that displays the player names for all players. You can use this if you want to specifically know your opponent in 1v1 (i.e. you wanted to play against warchief like me). You're not supposed to use that in multiplayer if one of your enemies is a human player, cuz thats cheating. but you can use it if you and one of your friends wanted to play against certian AI

Regarding my test, I just tried the updated with pitlord vs warchief and ummm pitlord seems quite strong to me. But I also found the insane AI very challenging that he didnt give me any little chance to creep the ogres until so late.
-----------
Edit: I just had a look on emerald gardens.
It was pretty cool map
So, what I will do is basically changing all mercenary camps to alternate between bandit and ogre camps. the fountain of mana will be replaced with furbolg camp and goblin labs will become ogre camps.
what do you think?
I will bring it on tomorrow I hope, or sometime soon

Last edited:
Daffa the Mage
Date: 7/8/2013 (10:58:02 AM)

Useful Links:
-> Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Personal Comment:
-> well, I think a review will be nice :)
first, check the critical error listed, the code, to be honest, aren't optimized, why? because the disabled functions aren't removed from the trigger, also,some minor leaks I found inside as well, mainly the command one.
the only problem I encounter :
The New Corrupted Ancient Race can't upgrade their weapon and their item tech beyond level one
well, this is a partial review, but I will extend or make another if I have time and on mood to play :)

(3/5) Acceptable

Last edited:
Level 4
Downloaded, tested aaand... Since I don't like melee maps because I don't know how to play them (build an army, get destroyed, build an army again, still loosing...) I'd like to argue a bit about restrictions you made... Now, your attitude to melee maps is basically and almost the same as mine but there's no ground-breaking anything in this map, sure it's simplified (I still lose to Normal computer, yes, because they make alliance against me all the freakin' time!) but if I were a pro-player who uses all things the standard melee map offers to win and be shortened by one Hero only and it's related units only I wouldn't like it too... When I hovered over your map at the map selection menu it was saying that I can choose whatever race I want but not Night Elves, why is that? Because they are not finished? But what if I want to choose Random race and get Night Elves (as of the first attempt I really got them :D)? In any case, according to HWS rules you cannot get an unfinished map approved, correct me if Night Elves are working but still, change the description... A little detail, I played as Human and check the Barracks and was like "cool, you can train Archers or Marksmen or whatever, I'm wondering what does their model look like" besides their low damage and everything it's apparently a reskinned Night Elf Archer model and some things about it stay the same: When they die, they scream like female Archers lol :D Also a little issues with Gyrocopters, I couldn't upgrade their damage because of Hero restrictions or just missing Black Powder upgrade. So, basically what you offer in this map is an imbalance OR linearity when it comes to choosing your Hero. Once you picked one and only Hero, you can train his special units so it's all left to spam special units and that's it, I don't see any fun in this only simplicity... Call me angry or stupid but 2/5 is what you get, better luck next time and looking forward to what's next from you!

Level 16
Daffa the Mage
Date: 7/8/2013 (10:58:02 AM)

Useful Links:
-> Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Personal Comment:
-> well, I think a review will be nice :)

first, check the critical error listed, the code, to be honest, aren't optimized, why? because the disabled functions aren't removed from the trigger, also,some minor leaks I found inside as well, mainly the command one.

the only problem I encounter :
The New Corrupted Ancient Race can't upgrade their weapon and their item tech beyond level one

well, this is a partial review, but I will extend or make another if I have time and on mood to play :)

(3/5) Acceptable

1-What critical errors? and whats optimizations? These are quite awkward vocabulary for me D:
and leaving some triggers are just that they might be useful sometime in future as I just decided to abbandon the idea sometime, and might probably come back to it.
To be honest, I never really cared that much about leaks, especially in the beginning, as long as the AI works and the leak isn't huge (but i might make one without knowing how huge it is). I just started to occasionally delete some leaks here and there recently

2-Okay I just fixed the tech problem. I also balanced the cost of corrupted trees and other corrupted buildings. Furthermore, I fixed few issues with colours of dark wisps, making both them the demon hunter look purple just after the demon hunter comes. Lastly, I made well spring upgrade for all non-corrupted night elf heroes (warden, priestess, keeper)

3-I will be looking forward for your extended review then! Thank you for this one.

Downloaded, tested aaand... Since I don't like melee maps because I don't know how to play them (build an army, get destroyed, build an army again, still loosing...)

I'd like to argue a bit about restrictions you made... Now, your attitude to melee maps is basically and almost the same as mine but there's no ground-breaking anything in this map, sure it's simplified (I still lose to Normal computer, yes, because they make alliance against me all the freakin' time!) but if I were a pro-player who uses all things the standard melee map offers to win and be shortened by one Hero only and it's related units only I wouldn't like it too...
ummm, so what would you probably like to see? and sorry that my AI is quite hard sometimes, but making AI is time-consuming. You can perhaps make AI have 70% hp handicap if you wish for it to be easier, because easy AI doesn't really behave much different than normal AI except for targetting heroes. I sometimes see how the AI hard myself, although I nearly mastered the map.
When I hovered over your map at the map selection menu it was saying that I can choose whatever race I want but not Night Elves, why is that? Because they are not finished? But what if I want to choose Random race and get Night Elves (as of the first attempt I really got them :D)? In any case, according to HWS rules you cannot get an unfinished map approved, correct me if Night Elves are working but still, change the description...
ummm, night elves are working okay, but I they still do not seem as cool as I want in my eye.. like... particularly in the warden and keeper of the grove I believe are not that much of fun. But Priestess of the Moon, Deformed Demon Hunter, Naga Sea Witch are just fine

A little detail, I played as Human and check the Barracks and was like "cool, you can train Archers or Marksmen or whatever, I'm wondering what does their model look like" besides their low damage and everything it's apparently a reskinned Night Elf Archer model and some things about it stay the same: When they die, they scream like female Archers lol :D
Okay, if you mean the high elf archer, it is made by warcraft three, and it is a female and it looks pretty much like that of night elves (reskinned). If you mean the Paladin rookie archer, it also is reskinned archer downloaded from here somehwere and it sounds badly when it dies :/.

Also a little issues with Gyrocopters, I couldn't upgrade their damage because of Hero restrictions or just missing Black Powder upgrade. So, basically what you offer in this map is an imbalance OR linearity when it comes to choosing your Hero.
Black Gun Powder is meant to be only for the Mountain king and dwarf's race. Other Heroes who can train Gyrocopters are just for balancing purposes: scouting invisible units, basic anti-air units, and so on. Dwarves can have the maximum power of dwarven units. It is quite semilar with the undead, as the Death Knight is able to build crypt fiends, but only the Crypt Lord is able to upgrade them to imporved and then advanced creature attack and creature carapace

Once you picked one and only Hero, you can train his special units so it's all left to spam special units and that's it, I don't see any fun in this only simplicity... Call me angry or stupid but 2/5 is what you get, better luck next time and looking forward to what's next from you!

oh well, you're not, you can have your opinion anyway, although it might not seem very nice in my eye
------------------------------------------------------------
Guys, I must admit that Nestharus and Imp Midna have helped me in the last triggers (some custom scripts that ididnt know and stuff)

Last edited:
1-What critical errors? and whats optimizations? These are quite awkward vocabulary for me D:
and leaving some triggers are just that they might be useful sometime in future as I just decided to abbandon the idea sometime, and might probably come back to it.
To be honest, I never really cared that much about leaks, especially in the beginning, as long as the AI works and the leak isn't huge (but i might make one without knowing how huge it is). I just started to occasionally delete some leaks here and there recently
I see, well, that's what I meant, those disabled triggers and the memory leaks.
Please, never ignore leaks, even simple ones because later it can destroy the game :/

3-I will be looking forward for your extended review then! Thank you for this one.
I'll just make another review after update, just PM me.

Level 16
I heard you made 12 player edition, I recommend you to upload it to map section as well.
Yes Daffa, I will upload, I just want to make it neat enough to be uploaded. I need to test it just a little bit more before I upload it.
-------------------------------
Minor updates and major bug fixes 2.04n
  1. Fire elemental changed to water elemental ability for the archmage (I did all i intended but i fogot to change fire elemental back to water elemental so archmage would, in the old version, have 2 fire elemental units to summon)
  2. Added goblin land mines to the goblin merchant
  3. Added new trigger that when heroes unelearn their abilities using tome of retraining, the new abilities asociated with the hero abilities will unlearned as well. One example is Warchief's plates of war: it will be unlearned when Guardianship is unlearned
  4. Added Spell Block ability for Bloodmage; Blood mage will get it when Siphon mana is level 3
  5. Fixed another bug with Warchief that when golden Armor is researched while he is dead, he will not get the upgraded Armor ability: Golden Plates of Ear. Now if it is researched while he is dead, he will still get the ability when he is revived. I always thought of this bug but never fixed it and it would rarely happen I think, but it still could happen sometimes.
  6. Fixed where Icons of Hydromancer should appear, as well as the tool tips of it. Also fixed where the Icons of Blood Fiend and Fel Stalker appear in Sloughter house (they dont change now, they used to changed because all of them are in one posistion and Blood Fiend training is limited to 6)
  7. Fixed some leak issues in some triggers. Thank Daffa for pointing some, now I regularly fix leaks whenever I see some while look through my trigger
  8. Lastly, Deleted grass in water, thanks to StoPCampinGn00b for pointing out
--------------------------------------------
There is one thing I forgotten to do, but I hope I will remember it tommorow,
Also, I want to give roar ability to beast master
and I want to make etheral units able to move through other units, just like wind walk
and I will take a look if I can make blood mage not be able to use his Spell Block ability
As for keeper of the grove raising trees, I will look at the not any time soon, as I yet have no idea from where to begin. I have read thread somewhere sometime about raising trees, but I'm not gonna bother looking for it as of yet
Edit: and also paladins attacking undead more strongly (I know I have been saying this since long ago :/)
Edit: and dread lord killing peasants and peons to zombies, as well as viligers

all demon gates would spawn a demon when any timer expire
Now: only one does, the one for which the timer started

Last edited:
Level 8
Very nice map. I like the idea of hero based units. Originality is the key that is why you deserve a 5/5

Here is what i would like to see in the future:
-Better AI, very important!
-Bigger map 12v12, because many teams are going to be needed to fill the gap created by the absence of some units!
good job

Level 16
Hello guys,

Now I am trying to find the right balance of the guard tower. Price & Armor
I have changed the Armor type to fortified, and made the price slightly more: 20 gold and 20 wood more (120 90 instead of 100 and 70>>> ofc, substratct scout tower price from this)

However, it seems still a bit imbalanced, as it is possible to do early tower rush that can hardly be stopped. Not sure whether I should get it back to heavy armor or to increase the price even further or reduce the armor.

I will have to compare this with the other towers (esp night elves and naga tower)

Edit: seems a bit comparable with Naga tower price and damage as well as that of the undead (less gold, same lumber)

Last edited:
Level 6
Hello guys,

Now I am trying to find the right balance of the guard tower. Price & Armor
I have changed the Armor type to fortified, and made the price slightly more: 20 gold and 20 wood more (120 90 instead of 100 and 70>>> ofc, substratct scout tower price from this)

However, it seems still a bit imbalanced, as it is possible to do early tower rush that can hardly be stopped. Not sure whether I should get it back to heavy armor or to increase the price even further or reduce the armor.

I will have to compare this with the other towers (esp night elves and naga tower)

Edit: seems a bit comparable with Naga tower price and damage as well as that of the undead (less gold, same lumber)

You should leave the human towers as they are! They were intended this way so the player wont rush wipe you! But if you still insist in makin human towers stronger, then you should definitely INCREASE the building and upgrading time. This will fix the rush issue, but will make the human probably hard to attack. You could fix the second issue by decreasing repair time.

Level 16
Hello guys, so I am think of some edits

For the orcs:
blade master should be fitted better. warlock abilities doesnt fit him that much. I.e. unholy frenzy does take a lot of HP. unholy frenzy fits for both undead and chaos orcs because they have high regeneration but does not races with no high regeneration. Thus I'm not sure If I should change warlock into blood lust and remove that from shaman (blood thirst does not fit the horde and their warchief you know) or I should just make the shaman for the blade master. (or both? doesnt fit much: shaman goodly, warlock evil)

also, I feel like I want to add new intelligence hero, having a model of one of these warlocks (if I did not use them for the blade master) but I still have no idea for the abilities that will be given to him !

as for the Naga, I might change the ultimate of the sea witch to summon 2 royal guards or just make a new royal guard hero (but then again the abilities XD) there is a model for that in the hive

Attachments

• Warlocks.png
    Warlocks.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
Level 16
Ok, I thought of something,

if a unit is possessed, then it can be trained by owner of the banshee. I'm not sure if this will be unbalanced or not. You think this is good? or do you think only If Dark Ranger used the ultimate it should happen? (i.e. only charmed units make the unit available for training?

also, I dont know if u guys noticed, but I made weapon upgrades transfer with unit ownership too. In normal melee, when a unit is possessed, and it has 3/3 fully weapon upgrades, it will lose them and will become 0/0 weapon upgrade. the downside with this thing is, well, what happens is that the upgrades is automatically researched for the player. so, if I posses footman from yellow with full upgrades, and then posses footman from teal player with no upgrades at all, I still have the full upgrades for the possesed teal footman.

This is not exactly what I intended (I was thinking only the weapon is transfered for the possesed and not the up is researched, you know)