1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Melee Mapping Contest #2 - 1 vs 1

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Mr.Henci, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erkan

Erkan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There are a lot of cool maps here, it's great. Also this is a very very early WIP from my map.

WIP

[​IMG]

2. Mr.Henci

Mr.Henci

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Blood Raven , @Ragnaros17 sorry for the long waiting time, but I believe, that trigers can be allowed as long as they dont interupt the gameplay. Be carefull though, because bad use of triggers may cost some point in the final result.

@Erkan looks cool, new tileset?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: Finally had some time, here is my WIP:

Wip#1

Wip.png

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  3. Erkan

Erkan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Mr.Henci Thanks. Yes, it's a new tileset, the looks of the originals didn't fit for what I wanted to do.

4. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:

yeah I know that the notice about the distance is not that good and I hate to be the messenger, but well there is plenty of time yet, good luck

if you want a video of the play:

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/rfwh-rar.305805/

the goblin lab in the center is very original, first I went there,to secure the goblin saw machine thats the prize, then I went to the market and then to the enemy base,
    there are 3 main paths, and I used the 3. Base is no-orthodox but it seems it can work too.

a hint to fix this path to the south east goldmine is a chokepoint, heroes can be trapped,, the path can be more wide.

it was somehow a fun and fast play, and I enjoy it.

hint

upload_2018-9-3_10-34-23.png

nah, just 2 animations for doodads in position X and Y and the quest with credits those triggers are cheap ones,, and well also I want to add a sky.

5. RFWH

RFWH

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Ragnaros17

Yeah, the corner bases still need tweaking... Originally they were zeppelin only then I decided to link them in... anyway not sure what i'll do with that. In my playthroughs I never even got past 2 gold mines anyway, the game was fast and pretty fun.

Edit... @Ragnaros17
    I changed the lower right gold mine. I think it's better, since the base is closer and could be zeppelin dropped. Still don't know what to do with top left.

6. Rockstar356

Rockstar356

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here is my wip for the contest! :)
    On the edge of the desert.

Edge2.PNG Edge3.PNG Edge4.PNG Edge5.PNG Edge6.PNG

7. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah corners are complicated, playing melee maps is like tennis, you don´t want to be in one corner because it will be hard to manuver and be in a good domain position of the map, and counter the enemy, but puting nice things in the corners, make them atractive to go, like, the need of more gold.

for the screen looks very good, I like the neutrals position.

8. RFWH

RFWH

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Right. Well I updated the map so if you have time try it out and see what you think.

9. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was looking the map, and one thing went in my mind.

orange creep

upload_2018-9-3_14-11-26.png

I think that orange creep may prevent (aggro) early combat (one hero and two footman/archer/grunts/ghouls), I think is easy to put the orange to the edge of the deep water, so that path will be more clear(like the other orange creep).

edit: another sugestion, maybe, for human play, humans expand fast with militia, you have 2 units with pulverize (damage all units) and the hydra level 6 that spawns hydras level 3 with poison, Age of War creeping is much more safe.

maybe it will be better to not have the combination Pulverize + Poison, the crabs level 3 with no skill can be with the hydra. but thats your choice.

edit2:
    about the goldmines:

1) I like that the south east one has 2 path, but the goldmine it self is vulnerable for siege attack from the other side of the deep water, also the Warden can teleport and with fan of knifes kill the peons fast.
    Always is good that the townhall and a wall of trees protects the peons area somehow (I think).

2) maybe the north west goldmine can be a mirrow of the south east, so players will pick one.
    The creeps of those goldmines are level 21, maybe if you decrease it to 19 (orange), it will be a psycologycal effect of expanding there early (red creeps scary more than an orange).

This is subjetive feedback, of course is up to you to see what do you think is the best.

good luck

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  10. modmoto

modmoto

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I would also like to participate :)

11. Epic Producer

Epic Producer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll drop, because there's so many stress coming in studies and I cant handle making a map FOR NOW. If you have cinematic contests.... I would likely join.
    Again, sorry for the "hesitation" but I have no other choice.

Aurdir...

12. Mr.Henci

Mr.Henci

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sad to hear that, but IRL things are more important than some contest :) You have still more than 2 weeks, if you would reconsidered your opinion.

13. JaleVeliki

JaleVeliki

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd like to join the contest!

Participating in a wc3 contest like this has been a long dream of mine, wip image soonTM! :)

14. Rockstar356

Rockstar356

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We have to do this?
    I noticed that by doing this the status of "melee map" down on the right in the editor changes from yes to no

15. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is one guy I talked to on discord who wants to join the contest. He already started his map, but (probably) due to having registered on the hiveworkshop only today, his post might have to be moderated before it shows up here. Just saying it now so it doesnt get lost or he misses out on the contest if further participats register before him.

edit: ok the comment is showing up now.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  16. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    What you have to do is check the tavern and see if the 8 heroes are in the tavern

if you have imported material such Hive models or custom doodads, you have to put melee last patch. so the heroes will be in the tavern.

if not you can put default.

just be sure that the 8 heroes are on the tavern thats all.

we are 22 (the limit for the moment is 30, but it can be increased to 31 or 32 if necesary).

hardly 8 users will pop up, so I think it won´t be a problem.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  17. Epic Producer

Epic Producer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, but studies just pushed me out of my mind, Im so sorry but I need to drop. Sorry.

PS.
    Dont get bad notes xd I really cant move on from school!

18. Avahor

Avahor

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Submision uploaded, please check it here

19. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here's a little terrain teaser. Even if my layout and balance are gonna suck, my terrain is gonna be top notch dammit! :D

Attached Files:

20. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    is okay, don´t worry about, and no need to sorry.

hey! you did the conections!!, awsome screenshot by the way.!!

now that looks really cool, you are like the teaser trailer of WOW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.