- Nov 6, 2013
MELEE MAPPING CONTEST #2
Create a competitive 1v1 melee map that excels in terrain, dynamic, and creativity, but most importantly balance.
- Each user can only vote once in the poll.
- You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
- You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
- You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
- You cannot invite friends to vote strictly for you in the poll.
- 1st place: 30 reputation points
- 2nd place: 20 reputation points
- 3rd place: 10 reputation points
- Judges: 5 rep
8. @The Panda
|Bloodmyst Quarry V1.1|
11. @Blood Raven
|(2) Ocean Beyond|
|The screaming river|
16. @foje tit
|On the edge of the desert|
|Ruins of Azshara|
|Is the map balanced for a player vs player 1v1? Are the positions and distance between points of interest fair? Does the map allow the 4 races to be balanced? Consider balance when implementing the pathing, resources, creep camps, and item drops.||50/100|
|Terrain||Is the map visually pleasing in mediums of terrain, doodad placement, and overall theme? Is the map repetitive? Is the aesthetic well designed but not overly obstructive?||35/100|
|Creativity & Uniqueness||Does the map bring something new or creative to the table?||15/100|
|Bugs||Scores may be brought down if there are bug-like issues such as faulty pathing, unusable resources, etc||-|
- 80% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 20% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
Contest thread can be found here: Melee Mapping Contest #2
You can download all the contest entries in the ZIP file down bellow.
Assigned Moderator: @Naze