• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest #5 - Poll (Obsolete)

Contestants

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I acted irrationally, I admit that, I was pissed off.. Although, the tint was the exact same - no kidding, which is a rather rare coincidence, since I eyedropped in the middle of poops.
BUT, good news, I have abstained my crusade. I'm all peaceful now until the next time I do something retarded.

And it's not as if Oziris hasn't cheated before, I might add.
And it's not as if he hasn't tried to frantically back his ass out of it before, either.

I haven't made hotstile units i just forgot to change the soldiers on the hill to be your allies. It's really stupid for this kind of reason to get me kicked out off a contest. It really isn't fair you know. Just when luck and voting get's on my side i get kicked out. Belgarath, why are you so upsate with that Oziris copied me oy my gosh, or what ever. I get kicked off but i am not a baby like you, it's just that i got kicked of because of a stupid reason....sorry if i offended anyone i am really pissed off, i have a full of shit storm problems here in real life, then i get problems here! what's next?

Level 36
Just a random unrelated thing I noticed with the last few contests here. It seems that usually the terrains that get judged the best have lower poll scores than ones that don't get judged well... I wonder why this is o_O

Take for example the four seasons one, Frostwhisper got at least 15 more votes than me but in the end he only beat me by a couple points on the overall score.

True. More less poll influence FTW.

totally.. i think for each! Folowing competition it should be .. 25% members 75% judge... and the 25% would only be set for the judge.. and their judging.. like just add a simple criteria.. like

5 points for the Publics vote.. :thumbs_up:

Level 36
You know, if I had shit my way, I would make it so you had to have 100+ posts in the terrain forum and a respectable critiquing history. But that might be overkill for a site like this.

Maybe make contest voters a user group like Medivh's Tower where you need to meet certain requirements in order to get in.

Level 34
That's a little overkill Void. I would like to be able to set parameters, but I can't. I can't even take Oziris out of the contest. I don't know why, but I've only been given a small amount of power over this forum. :\

So....i am kicked out off the contest YET again? grrrrr i really am not going to....i dont know what to do? is it really a bad thing that i place a bunch of soilders and forgot to make the passive? that why i was kicked, just for that litle thing? i mean i diden't vote for my self i dident multi account and i dident i dont know? i just made some soilders and forgot to make the passive? not fair..........

Level 34
Rules are rules man. Sorry.

You're lucky I didn't ban you from all terrain contests after what you did in the last one.

Level 14
~Void~ said:
Well who's the bloody contest moderator then? Do we even have one? That was Hawkwing's job but well he's retired now. We need a new contest moderator.
Technically, I was given the power Hawkwing had in his retirement. If you want something done, discuss it amongst yourself, come to a conclusion and let me know -- I'll handle it. I don't want to just bust in the contest and assume that I know what's best for it, though.

Level 36
So....i am kicked out off the contest YET again? grrrrr i really am not going to....i dont know what to do? is it really a bad thing that i place a bunch of soilders and forgot to make the passive? that why i was kicked, just for that litle thing? i mean i diden't vote for my self i dident multi account and i dident i dont know? i just made some soilders and forgot to make the passive? not fair..........

Well, after what happened with the last contest, especially since you frantically kept making excuses instead of just admitting it, you are under somewhat of a probation.

Technically, I was given the power Hawkwing had in his retirement. If you want something done, discuss it amongst yourself, come to a conclusion and let me know -- I'll handle it. I don't want to just bust in the contest and assume that I know what's best for it, though.

Fair enough.

Level 34
Well... seems Oziris also asked people to vote for him, and bribed them with rep. He will definitely be removed from the contest, and I officialy ban him from all further terrain contest. Other punishment will be decided by the staff as whole.

Oziris, I'm disappointed in you. I forgave you for the last contest, but you've gone and done it again. How childish.

Level 14
Because vB sucks, I cannot restart the poll as requested without making a new topic. So don't mind that this thread is closed for a few minutes, I have to restart it. All users will be able to recast their votes in the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.