• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest #4 POLL

Who made the best submission?

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/874236-post179.html"]Oziris' Submission[/URL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/842006-post97.html"]redscores' Submission[/URL]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well, I'm deciding between \Naze ~Void~ and FamousPker49 because on one hand I love the atmosphere and effect that \Naze brought into his picture, but on the other hand it doesn't seem to have allot of construction, so I thing ~void~ because it is simply very good, but then it seems to be a little bit dull, so maybe FamousPker49 because his is good and has a clever metaphor behind it, where Famous' demon is killing ~Voids~ rock guy. so all in all I think I'm more deciding between ~Void~ and FamousPker49.

Level 8
I voted for Void. But I think Raid Will Win - The Best Structure ever created with WE.
\Naze also has sence.All others were great. I'm pissed off because I haven't much time to finish mine... It was a good bridge damn it... =D

Level 14
None of the entries particularly amaze me (Except one, see below); most seem fairly repetitive and uninspired. Void's has the best proportions and style to it, but it lacks strong ambiance and is difficult to see. It could use more light sources and contrasting colors, it would really set the bar much higher if that were the case. Famous' is okay, although the ambiance of the foreground is far too lighthearted and peaceful for the destructive war going on in the background. Also, void makes a valid (and legitimate) point about the wing anatomy on the demon, it's facing an unnatural angle based on his current body position. Both of these entries, though, don't really tell a story; they merely give a snapshot of a story.

I'd like to, however, bring to the surface a moderately unvoted-for entry that is surprisingly wonderful. Take a gander at Naze' entry. The ambiance is engulfing, which is perfect for the type of trees developed and the environment he tried to create. It appears to be in some foreboding and long-forgotten grove, with sparing light rays penetrating through. On top of that, the usage of the theme is actually quite ingenious. Instead of blatantly throwing out "I am a gigantic golem, here me roar," he placed a hand of some apparently-monstrous and long-asleep being there. The hand is the size of trees, suggesting the being's great size, leaving it to the imagination of the user to see the construct in it's full glory.

I am voting for Naze because unlike the rest of the entries, his tells a story in visual cues. There is some room for improvement, particularly in having a more lush forest-floor, but on the whole it struck me the most of all the entries. It was the only entry I looked at a third time. Good job, Naze.

Level 36
k void stop it now.. like we can get on yours too if you want.. like

your giant is made out of rock so its REALLY heavy so why isn't he crashing the roof of the tower etc...etc..etc..blablablablbalbalbla

what i'm trying to say is ... ITS ONLY A FREACKING FRIENDLY COMPETITION SO DUDE!! WHO CARES ABOUT THE WINGS??? well only you actualy

<3

I'm not trying to flame him, I'm just telling him what he can do to make it better.
And I know my giant is kinda crappy too, I rushed it and I chose bad doodads to use.

Level 28
1st: It is "\Naze", but I don't really care about the \, you can call me Naze.

2nd:
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, I tried to make something different from doodads/golems, and to focus on the atmosphere... As for Rising Dusk, you get exactly what I was trying to put on the terrain, but you got a bit deeper in it, lol. Beatiful coment, anyway :3

3rd: I voted for Void. I had to choose between Void's and Famous', but Void's enviorment is way better.

Level 34
Well multi-accounting is getting harder thanks to Ralle, but a forcing people to be here a while before voting is good idea. No rep caps, but time and perhaps posts would be good.

I find it sad how so many people are voting for the ones with the big monsters... although one of the examples was the hell hound - unless it's a statue it doesn't really fit too much with theme. I mean, it'd occur without any intervention, wouldn't it? So would golems and strange winged Illidan giants (that's what I compare it to >_>) - would they not?
Just take that into notice, not as an insult. (notice for voters, not an insult for the BBM makers)

Level 18
That whole little quote thing I came up with was for Rising_Dusk. Because the theme was "Construction" and we all know what that means in the terraining community, but I tried to come up with something that would help 'clarify' what it meant to other people that didn't know what construction meant.

And on that note the Golem and Winged Monster are supposed to be made out of rock, and I often do not see rock mainfesting itself in such a way. Just saying...

Level 34
Okay, after long consideration I have voted for... *drum roll*

~Void~

Yes I know everybody cares about my vote so much that I have to put it in large green text. Just kidding I'm sure void is the only one who cares about my vote, and thats just because it's going to him xD.
I care about each and every vote that comes from users that aren't multi-accounts or idiots. <3

Level 23
Weeei... All of them are great. Though my vote goes to Void since its so much to see on the picture and has a neat dept :]

FamousPker, sure, yours what that too, but I didn't like the 'foreground'

Level 18
hands down... famous won thiz.

compettion with void though >.>

whats up with putting up PNG! to be honest, png may look slightly better, but it doesn't seem that much different between JPG, other than THat PNG format takes up MB instead of JPG which is only a a few KB : /

Status
Not open for further replies.