• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Challenge #5 Poll

Which one is the best?

• Stonebludgeon's Submission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zypher's Submission

• By.The.Hell's Submission

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I think these competitions are kinda stupid. Eccho shoulndt win cause the spell is extremely simple and I see it made like 70% of other peoples models and 30% triggers.

Ribenamanias spells should win cause its looks very good. My own spell is a bit bugged so I cannot say it deserves to win, alltought uptaded version is way better.

So i hope to see non import contests soon.

Level 6
I think these competitions are kinda stupid. Eccho shoulndt win cause the spell is extremely simple and I see it made like 70% of other peoples models and 30% triggers.

[...]

So i hope to see non import contests soon.

i feel the same and i totally agree

Level 23
eh?. I dont think the sfx decides everything. Also, every spells concept failed, including mine. The reason why I got the most votes... Its about the jass code I suppose. A spell should look good, but yet I decided myself that it should be made in the same concept as warcraft is today. 30% triggers? I wonder what the hell you looked at.

Anywho it doesn't matter...

Ribenamanias spell may look good (it does actually), but its not coded in the same ratio. Ever heard of the attack event absusable bug? Perhaps you consider thinking on that fact too...

Edit: And I dont actually care if I win or not... As I said before I made it since I wanted to train my Jass coding...

Level 13
eh?. I dont think the sfx decides everything. Also, every spells concept failed, including mine. The reason why I got the most votes... Its about the jass code I suppose. A spell should look good, but yet I decided myself that it should be made in the same concept as warcraft is today. 30% triggers? I wonder what the hell you looked at.

Anywho it doesn't matter...

Ribenamanias spell may look good (it does actually), but its not coded in the same ratio. Ever heard of the attack event absusable bug? Perhaps you consider thinking on that fact too...

Edit: And I dont actually care if I win or not... As I said before I made it since I wanted to train my Jass coding...

Point being Í can do the same spell in gui. Your spell is plaing boring not not innoative, basicly the effect is purely made of other peoples models thats why 70/30. I dont see this spell have any use in game. Maybe in somekind of hero defence. Usefull spell + Decent coding > shitty spell + good coding (atleast what i would rate)

I havent looked other peoples codes, but my spells uptaded versions is 90% fine, I dont think it was added to my entry tought. Yes I was lazy and thats why I dont think I deserve win, but atleast I tried to make good looking/usefull spell, without using other peoples stuff.

Is gui bad? yes, but I still can do it.

*edit* and yes special effects do matter. They really make the spell cool and you want to cast it again. Your spell was cool, but Its just special effects that other people have made, so the win should go to like many other people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.