• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest #5 - Poll (Obsolete)

Contestants

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
The Hive Workshop

Terrain Contest #5 Poll

Welcome to the poll for the latest Terrain Contest. Please read through the rules before voting!
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
Contest Prizes And Winnings

First Place: 30 reputation points and a special award icon
Second Place: 20 reputation points
Third Place: 10 reputation points
Submissions

Last edited:
Level 19
Nbah: forget it
\Naze: Like it but nothing so special
Oziris: Hmm good design I mean you seem to spent plenty hours for it oww waterfalls are beautifull n_n but parts of land are dirt, dirt in a land of Giant ice pieces doesnt make sense
Slaydon: forget it
raid1000: forget it
~Void~: lava part is beautiful but just coz of those effects some others parts just look like you placed some doodads randomly
Mr.Goblin: aww cute map but you shouldve make some cinematic video instead of exploring with hero coz you cant see everything with hero (err camera is on too low)
TerraNexx: bah

Vote goes to who ? You'll never know (unless you check poll results o_O lololol)

Level 36
Hrmm... well I don't want to seem sore, but I really have no idea why everyone is voting for Oziris. Not necessarily saying "omfg wtf but mines better", but I think Mr.G and \Naze's are better too, by a long shot. To me it looks like Oziris just spammed doodads messily and well it just doesn't look good. My vote goes to \Naze.

Level 21
Um, right, you broke your comp, good job?
And don't get so upset, there's still judging to be done :p. Although, I think void deserves an icon some time :p

And oziris, I can't be assed opening maps right now if my judgement is only needed 2 weeks later or w/e. If I'm a judge. Am I? :O
EDIT Nvm that, I just saw gille's last post >___________________________> - meaning that no, I cant be assed opening maps now if I still have a couple weeks or so to go :D

EDIT2: Okay, since I'm feeling since, opened oziris' map. And the first thing I see... Tinted units. Light blue. Hey, they look familiar? You copied my EXACT bloody tint, the team colour, on several units. And column spam? What are they doing? Giant glaciers? Crystals too? Walk through statue? ...yeaaaaaaaaah.

Last edited:
Level 19
lawl why is al the action going on when im asleep? >.<
anyways i thout someone would actualy vote for my entry since Oziris copied my waterfall and glacier spike design >.< and i also added some pretty lights :D
but ye whatever gj Oziris :D

Level 19
I voted for Oziris.
lololololololololololololololololololololololol
Oziris is pwning everyone xDXDXD
phail2.jpg

Level 18
I don't understand quite frankly why did so many votes go for Oziris. No offense, you made a decent terrain, but there were better ones.

Here is my vote:

No: 3 \Naze (Looked realy nice, the whole tower/dungeon. The wall was great, nice usage with the barred wall for windows.) release py xD
No: 2 ~Void~ (The walls with the statues looked awesome)
No: 1 raid1000 (I just loved the bridges)

What I didn't like at some where the locked cameras, too dark envirnoment. The theme was wonderland? Wasn't it? However it can be defined in a couple of ways so it was kinda okay.

Level 9
Mr. Goblin: Very nice, indeed. I especially liked the atmosphere.

/Nace: This one was also very good. However, there was a few pathing issues.

Nbah: The buildings had a weird scaling and it lacked atmosphere.

Raid1000: Kickass terrain.

TerraNexx: Kinda boring, only trees and blizzard cliffs.

Slaydon: Trees all over, thousands of those flower thingys. Nothing fancy.

~Void~: Very nice. Very nice.

Oziris: Also very nice.

My vote goes to ... Raid1000!

Why? I loved it.

Level 18
Wait what the hell is happening here? Sorry for the possible flame, but when I voted for raid there were 9 votes for Oziris and now there are 11? I hope that uncommented votes will be disgarded, with uncommented I mean that someone just has to say: I vote for X. I know that we can see who voted for who, but if somebody at least doesn't take the effort to write I vote, that means he didn't check the submission and just randomed his vote? Or not. I just state my opinion.

Level 18
Sorry but these guys that voted for me are not noobs, for sure they checked the terrain. I mean hellblazer14, he ins't a noob, and he voted for me! I am sure they all cheacked(else it woulden't be fair), i mean my map has 37 downloads, the 11 are the ones that voted for me for sure.

No hard feeling towards you. I know the guys are not noobs I checked who voted for everyone. But the problem is that the map who gets the most votes will just get downloaded and the rest will be disgarded. Take Nbah for instance, he made a decent terrain, he was in my top 5, and his map got 9 downloads. Your map got 11 votes. That means at least 2 of those people didn't even check Nbah's map. That is a problem, but of course there is nothing we can do about it. Yes, they may have checked your map, but only your map :/ But as I said there is nothing we can do about it, as this is the thing that happens to public polls.

I am sorry if I have maybe said something to offend you, but my intentions were highly positive.

Good luck to all the contestants and may the best terrain win.

Level 9
The problem with public polls are, that some low-rep people vote for the most famous contestant to get rep. Or the person with most rep. Or the person with most posts. I believe that the Paired Mapping Contest #4 had a similiar problem.

I recommend to add a rule that requires someone to post their reason for voting for someone. Or just post why, because public polls are easily abusable.

Level 5
Hello :) I checked evry map,
my favorites where raid1000 and naze maps ... oziris did also some really nice stuff in there, but it seems they just like his big glaciers very much :)

I personally think there are some flaws in Oziris terrain .. just one exampel these kind of stairs in the middel and many othere things but anyway verry nice work but i would give oziris personally maybe at the third place, just my point of view.

it was a hard decision for me between nazes terrain and raid1000, at least i decided to give my voice to naze .. i just loved the whole look verry nice usage of tiles doodads effects and some specials like the wall of the tower.

@ raid1000 i loved all these nice ways pathabel and the enviroment ... verry nice waterfalls and lakes ...and it just seemed that you can walk evry where you want to i just didnt liked the small village in the middel i think at this point you could do something more special and epic.

My ranking: 1: Naze 2: raid1000 3: Oziris 4: ~Void~ 5: Mr.Goblin

Anything verry nice works in here

Level 11
No hard feeling towards you. I know the guys are not noobs I checked who voted for everyone. But the problem is that the map who gets the most votes will just get downloaded and the rest will be disgarded. Take Nbah for instance, he made a decent terrain, he was in my top 5, and his map got 9 downloads. Your map got 11 votes. That means at least 2 of those people didn't even check Nbah's map. That is a problem, but of course there is nothing we can do about it. Yes, they may have checked your map, but only your map :/ But as I said there is nothing we can do about it, as this is the thing that happens to public polls.

I am sorry if I have maybe said something to offend you, but my intentions were highly positive.

Good luck to all the contestants and may the best terrain win.

Ohhh, thank you ^^ I also think the polls are easily abusable and many people just check out the first or second map. And vote for them. It's kinda stupid and I also suggest a rule to be put against this.

Level 34
Yeah this is fishy. I'll look into it.

I've checked out the people that voted, none of them seem to be multi-accounts or anything, but there I found lots of rep with titles such as "moar repz". These voters don't seem to be veteran users in the least.

Oziris, why are you always in the middle of the Terrain Contest shit storms?

Edit: Well it doesn't seem to matter since Oziris, yet again, broke one of the contests rules. You cannot have hostile enemies, it clearly stated that in the rules, and I even reiterated it in the thread.
"Player Controlled units are permitted, but hostile units are not."

I haven't checked any of the other maps yet though. Has anyone else included hostile units?

Level 34
It's not bad enough for me to do anything about it. People could have simply liked it more, we've seen people like terrains that more experienced terrains saw as amateur. The fact that he broke a rule will probably disqualify him though. I also haven't checked on Belgarths claim that he copied his work.

Why must this contest always have problems? Why?

Level 21
I went "SUBTLE" at that :p

Oziris. I posted my map on the 5th. Yours on the 8th. Windows 7 (in your amazing computer dexterity) apparently fucked up your computer on the 12th. My unit tint... 97/103/131. I got that from using the eyedrop tool in one of my own terrains. 127/133/163 was for command figures. I got that with the eyedrop tool again. Now, let's look at yours... Oh look, 97/103/131 for units, 127/133/163 for command figures. You even copied the fact that I used Swordsmen, Archers, Captains, Chaplains and Medivhs. Come on, just admit it. It's saddening, and pissing me off. The worst thing is that you're trying to lie your ass out of it, and failing miserably.

Level 28
Oh, I thought that another shitstorm was to come! But the guy got disqualified before that... lol.

@the.fellow, RolePlaynGamer, etc: Good work, not for voting for me or whatever, but for checking every entry and being constructive in some way.

The explosive V on ~Void~'s terrain made my day.

Yeah, that was cool.

Anyway, I don't know who to vote to. Void's one was the best for me except for the way he terrained the beggining of the map and that you can walk into the volcano, and then walk through the whole map. I just won't post a screen here, and point the terrain's flaws because it isn't cool. It is called "s-h-i-t s-t-o-r-m-i-n-g".

Then comes Goblin's, with his decent terrained map, raid with his awesome bridges and other playable things but a not that good terrained map (I mean, lacks harmony between the elements you used in your map).

Now, about Ozirs,TerraNexx, Nbah and Slaydon, I have to suggest you to practice more, or actually put some effort on your terrain (lol Slaydon :p)

Well, I won't vote today, I'll wait a bit.

Level 34
I went "SUBTLE" at that :p

Oziris. I posted my map on the 5th. Yours on the 8th. Windows 7 (in your amazing computer dexterity) apparently fucked up your computer on the 12th. My unit tint... 97/103/131. I got that from using the eyedrop tool in one of my own terrains. 127/133/163 was for command figures. I got that with the eyedrop tool again. Now, let's look at yours... Oh look, 97/103/131 for units, 127/133/163 for command figures. You even copied the fact that I used Swordsmen, Archers, Captains, Chaplains and Medivhs. Come on, just admit it. It's saddening, and pissing me off. The worst thing is that you're trying to lie your ass out of it, and failing miserably.
Watch it Belgarath, I haven't checked the maps yet, but you can't start accusing people simply because he used the same color tint as you. Just leave it all to me please (or send me a PM).

Level 19
Such lovely terrains =) I liked raid1000's terrain the most, it's just so beautiful and amazing use of bridges, waterfalls etc. I would really like to see more from you raid1000 in the future. My second favorite would be Void's terrain, I especially liked the gateway area and the lava.

So my vote goes for raid1000, his terrain in my opinion defines the world "winter wonderland" =)

ps I really like this playable terrain contest idea more than the one where you take a screenshot of the terrain when I saw these entries.

And oh lol I just saw I had the same favorites as my fellow panda lol =) And yeah Naze's terrain comes third for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.