• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon/Model/Spell Team Contest - Hive Member[+100 Rep]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Misha a lich and a sorceress? thats interesting to see combined. I wonder if your gona use the dark ranger texture, that combined with the already lich texture could look really nice.

heh, dark ranger would be cool, but she doesn't fit the current idea :xxd: and who it is, i'm keeping that as a little surprise, for now.. well unless someone else spoils it x3

Hey folks, someone should totally team up with me
Just make a post in thread to state in which team you want to be!

@Cokemonkey11 @Chaosy - if one of you wants to use Wurst, then say so, so we can look for a judge. For now, we're in a talk with Cokemonkey about this topic--maybe he wants to judge it.

Are we allowed to create a subset abilities that come from the "one" ability? Or is it strictly ONE ability?
Sorry for before... Usually I prefer one ability. Not sure about your concept, but having only one ability icon to click is probably naturally, and I can explicitly add, or remove, the one ability for example. But if it's needed to complete your dreams, and is really just a sub ability, then it might be okay, too. But I should state what exactly is okay. Therefore, in your case, is it a sub ability, that always exists parallelly, and regulates the main ability in a way, or how can we imagine?

Maybe the definition from Zephyr #15 is enough?
You may, but don't have to create a second help-ability next to the main spell if it's required for your concept. -- but in case a second ability is used, it's extend should be kept at a minimum.

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
It looks highly likely that I'll judge this contest which means that wurst and vjass are both free game. I'm also open to zinc/cJass, etc, if Iceman is happy to allow them.

* Any questions at all about this: feel free to contact me or ask questions here
* If you plan to use vJass then you will *not* be disadvantaged by this in any way (actually, getting a perfect score with a vJass submission might be easier than with wurst)
* If I create any guidelines I will have them approved by Iceman before publishing them, and I will not delay this where possible
* I'm aware that GUI is also allowed here. I will treat GUI submissions reasonably and my feedback will focus on changes that are reasonable within the context of GUI
* The current guidelines for the spell are fairly abstract. I will do my best to clarify how design and code quality will be weighted in reasonable time.

I'm happy to give advice about what constitutes good code if you have any concrete, specific queries (but be aware that any responses will be public). I will not comment about what makes good design, and the axioms by which I grade that will have to be eclectic and reliable. I will discuss this with Iceman, too.

Level 50
@Stefan.K and @DD_legionTN you guys should put/say you're already a two man team so people won't get confuse and try to recruit one of you.

Speaking of team, @JesusHipster and I are teaming up. Only needs an Icon Maker to make a team.
The problem is we already asked Klaze if he wants to team and he said okay and that's it. We didn't got any 'official' response.

Yes, man! That would be nice chance maybe.^^

Are we allowed to create a subset abilities that come from the "one" ability? Or is it strictly ONE ability?
Sorry for before... Usually I prefer one ability. Not sure about your concept, but having only one ability icon to click is probably naturally, and I can explicitly add, or remove, the one ability for example. But if it's needed to complete your dreams, and is really just a sub ability, then it might be okay, too. But I should state what exactly is okay. Therefore, in your case, is it a sub ability, that always exists parallelly, and regulates the main ability in a way, or how can we imagine?

Maybe the definition from Zephyr #15 is enough?
You may, but don't have to create a second help-ability next to the main spell if it's required for your concept. -- but in case a second ability is used, it's extend should be kept at a minimum.

@KILLCIDE

would this be good? And if it's ok for @Cokemonkey11 , too, using a minimal help ability, then we could update the description. Or should we strictly keep it as exactly one ability defined? (it would be no malus anyways if one doesn't use the possibility of a side ability)

well.. i got a new WIP.
LH 2.jpg

where are your wips guys? Oo

Updated.

What about others? A few more would be great.

At all spell makers, this was added:

You may, but don't have to create one extra co-ability next to the main spell if it's required for your concept. In case a second ability is used, it's extend should be kept at a minimum, and it should exclusivly serve the main spell's effect, instead of only having some synergy.

@Misha, That concept is just life, my favorite model and a very interesting idea, can't wait to see the final result!

Who are you doing by the way, enjoy?

I think its obvious what or who I'm making, Aph x3
Awesome! A bit more customization wouldn't hurt though. The base models are really visible right now.

View attachment 284687

And ugh, here's a very early WIP. We don't even know if this is concept is going to stick at all.
yes, i will be adding more :3

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
CODE/SPELL: the first post now includes a template that I'll use for judging coding quality. The goal of this is to make it slightly more transparent how I personally apply the judging criteria towards awarding points, and to also help spell coders understand how they got the marks they did.

This is not meant to make the contest harder, more complicated, anything like that. If anyone dislikes this feel free to send me a PM because I'm keen for everyone to be pleased :)

If you don't feel comfortable talking with me about it, don't forget @IcemanBo is the single source of truth for this contest so can also take your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.