• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon/Model/Spell Team Contest - Hive Member[+100 Rep]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
screen.JPG screen4.JPG screen3.JPG

WIP of the basically finished mesh.

Just to inform that, both of me and @Stefan.K will be out from the contest. Stefan.K is busy with his real life, and I don't think I could get a team for the contest, so good luck to all participants!
Hm.. @Paillan @BLazeKraze would you want to join DD_legionTN's team?

Good to see WIPs. : )

Level 35
We also still need 2 icon guys, and 1 model guy to fill the teams!

As mentioned I am willing to help out, be it icons, models or whatever (preferably the first, as its been a long while since I last did spell work).

In that regard a question about spells: Its models made for the spells allowed? Or do we only count one model made for the character?

You can look at the teams, and decide where you want to join. : )
Its models made for the spells allowed? Or do we only count one model made for the character?
If some model needs to be used for the spell, then it might be used. But the model reviewer will only review the technical aspects for the hero/unit model.
If model is used for the spell, then this will be probably judged at "visuals" for the spell/coding part -- I think it's like using imports for creating the spell.

Level 35
You can look at the teams, and decide where you want to join. : )

There seems to be only one option at the moment, but the mention of 2 icons and 1 models, gave me the impression that there was more than I was aware of. So I just left it open, as I have little to no specific preferences.

If some model needs to be used for the spell, then it might be used. But the model reviewer will only review the technical aspects for the hero/unit model.
If model is used for the spell, then this will be probably judged at "visuals" for the spell/coding part -- I think it's like using imports for creating the spell.

Okay - sounds fair.

Scourge and Sentinel team is currently waiting for a member! One for modeler, and one for icon artist. If someone is intersted he can just directly post which team he wants to join. The listed members below are potential candidates, but which did not join a team, yet. It was meant for people, so they could come easier in contact with eath other.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Technically my second wip, I got another one posted in a conversation ;P

The spell's core is done, I will probably only tweak it.
Unless I get another idea.

JASS:
native UnitAlive takes unit id returns boolean
//! zinc
    library Charm requires Missile, TimedUnitScale, TimerUtils {

constant real GROW_TIME = 1;
        constant integer SPELL_ID = 'A003';
        constant real MANIFEST_COLOR = 40;
        constant string MANIFEST_SPAWN_EFFECT = "Abilities\\Spells\\Undead\\AnimateDead\\AnimateDeadTarget.mdl";
        constant string MANIFEST_SPAWN_MISSILE = "Abilities\\Weapons\\AvengerMissile\\AvengerMissile.mdl";
        constant real MANIFEST_SHRINK = 10;
        constant real MANIFEST_DURATION = 10;

hashtable hash = InitHashtable();

function stun(unit u, real dur) {
            udg_STE_TARGET = u;
            udg_STE_DURATION = dur;
            udg_STE_STACK_TIME = true;
            udg_STE_ADD_STUN = true;
            TriggerEvaluate(udg_STE_TRIGGER);
        }

struct Spawn {
            static method onFinish (Missile missile) -> boolean {
                timer t;
                integer h;
                unit target = LoadUnitHandle(hash, missile, 0);
                integer id = GetUnitTypeId(target);
                unit u = CreateUnit(missile.owner, id, missile.x, missile.y, missile.angle);

DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect(MANIFEST_SPAWN_EFFECT, GetUnitX(u), GetUnitY(u)));
                stun(u, GROW_TIME);
                SetUnitInvulnerable(u, true);
                SetUnitVertexColorBJ(u, MANIFEST_COLOR, MANIFEST_COLOR, MANIFEST_COLOR, 0);
                SetUnitScalePercent(u, MANIFEST_SHRINK, MANIFEST_SHRINK, MANIFEST_SHRINK);
                UnitScale[u].apply(1, GROW_TIME);

t = NewTimer();

h = GetHandleId(t);
                SaveUnitHandle(hash, h, 0, u);
                SaveUnitHandle(hash, h, 1, target);

TimerStart(t, GROW_TIME, false, function() {
                    timer t = GetExpiredTimer();
                    integer id = GetHandleId(t);
                    unit u = LoadUnitHandle(hash, id, 0);
                    unit origin = LoadUnitHandle(hash, id, 1);

IssueTargetOrderBJ(u, "attack", origin);

SetUnitInvulnerable(u, false);
                    UnitApplyTimedLife(u, 'BTLF', 10);

FlushChildHashtable(hash, id);
                    ReleaseTimer(t);

SaveUnitHandle(hash, GetHandleId(u), 0, origin);

t = null;
                    u = null;
                    origin = null;
                });

FlushChildHashtable(hash, missile);

u = null;
                target = null;
                t = null;
                return true;
            }
            module MissileStruct;
        }

function groupLoop() {
            unit u = GetEnumUnit();
            real x = GetUnitX(u);
            real y = GetUnitY(u);

Missile m =  Missile.create(x, y, 75, GetRandomDirectionDeg(), 400, 50);

SaveUnitHandle(hash, m, 0, u);

m.source   = GetTriggerUnit();
            m.speed    = 10.;
            m.model    = MANIFEST_SPAWN_MISSILE;
            m.arc      = bj_PI/4;
            m.owner    = GetTriggerPlayer();
            Spawn.launch(m);

u = null;
        }

function onCastFilter() -> boolean {
            return UnitAlive(GetFilterUnit());
        }

function onCast() {
            real x = GetSpellTargetX();
            real y = GetSpellTargetY();
            location pos = Location(x, y);
            ForGroup(GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching(300, pos, Condition(function onCastFilter)), function groupLoop);
            RemoveLocation(pos);
            pos = null;
        }

function filter() -> boolean{
            return GetSpellAbilityId() == SPELL_ID;
        }

function isSet(unit u) -> boolean {
            return u != null;
        }

function onDamage() {
            unit origin = LoadUnitHandle(hash, GetHandleId(udg_DamageEventSource), 0);
            if (origin != udg_DamageEventTarget && origin != null) {
                udg_DamageEventAmount = 0.00;
            }
        }

function onInit() {
            trigger t = CreateTrigger();
            TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(t, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT);
            TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function filter));
            TriggerAddAction(t, function onCast);

t = CreateTrigger();
            TriggerRegisterVariableEvent(t, "udg_DamageModifierEvent", EQUAL, 1.00);
            TriggerAddAction(t, function onDamage);

t = null;
        }
    }
//! endzinc

Level 35
Scourge and Sentinel team is currently waiting for a member! One for modeler, and one for icon artist. If someone is intersted he can just directly post which team he wants to join. The listed members below are potential candidates, but which did not join a team, yet. It was meant for people, so they could come easier in contact with eath other.

Ah, well, for some reason I guess I thought empty was a user name haha. Anyway, as I just got a work related project, I am going to go for the icon need more than model (That would be sentinal - if DD_Legion doesn't drop it as he wrote) & assuming they want me on the team of course :wink:

Level 11
I actually didn't expect I could get a team :D

The final entry must be posted before the deadline in this thread using a demo/test map. The post should be a little presentation of the hero, and must link to all submitted components of the hero (link to Model, Icons, Spell in the resource section).
Since all of the components required to be uploaded into respective sections (if i understand it correctly), so how about a spell which uses wurst? How wurst code uploaded to the final entry/spell section?

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
I need to see uncompiled code for all wurst/vjas/zinc, yes.

I think I just need

* compiled, playable map
* if it's wurst, also need code:
- access to a git repo ideally
- archive of project (zip/tar/7z) also okay

Since Wurst Resources is a closed thread and this is a spell contest, I suggest posting the spell to Spell Submissions. I'll make sure with @Ralle that's okay.

PFF.. here's a WIP in text form o3o I have made the special spell slam animation, added an 'attack ranged' and have tweaked a lot of other animations, including death, dissipate, a bit of stand anims, deleted one too.. i need to tweak the spell anim, and the two main attack anims. And the 'stand ready' needs to be tweaked as well. then i can.. well iunno.. probably finish up the model, post it as a working wip here, and maybe start doing a stand victory animation, just for my own amusement

Level 35
PFF.. here's a WIP in text form o3o I have made the special spell slam animation, added an 'attack ranged' and have tweaked a lot of other animations, including death, dissipate, a bit of stand anims, deleted one too.. i need to tweak the spell anim, and the two main attack anims. And the 'stand ready' needs to be tweaked as well. then i can.. well iunno.. probably finish up the model, post it as a working wip here, and maybe start doing a stand victory animation, just for my own amusement

Sounds interesting. Though a picture would be appreciated.

Contest Note

The team building has gone longer than expected. We underestimated the process, so it was partially also our fault. But as consequence there's a new deadline, you get 12 more days, which is maybe important especially for new teams.

New deadline: 22th December 2017 GMT (day is included).

@Darkfang @MyPad @kangyun you are a team!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I have arrived.

I have avoided posting for so long because I wanted to catch up & respond to a lot of people & ask questions about a lot of important things... But I've got to post a WIP, & need to finally subscribe to this thread, lol.

SO HERE IT IS: Team "Zul'Aman Was An Inside Job"s "Coding" WIP & first official Hero announcement:

@Deolrin the (Forest) Troll Pariah!!
(Just wanna say, Deolrin, we're excited to honor you with this hero. You were on the short-list of people we wanted to work on, as a team. Don't read too much into the hero name/spell-set, though (more on that later))

upload_2017-11-24_2-44-3.png

Model is still being made of course, so you get to see NOTHING really interesting... Except... What's that, are those four abilities? Which one could be our submission? Ooooooh, spooky unknowns... Ponder & wonder my friends!

More to come.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-24_2-43-59.png
    upload_2017-11-24_2-43-59.png
    706 KB · Views: 47
@RED BARON it will come soon i think o3o i've added a portrait to my main model. although, with how incompatible the skeletons were ( lich and sorceress) she kiinda turned into an odd thing with tho heads, one of which is in a rather undignified position xD but, that's alright. the portrait anims are the only anims where the new head replaces the old in its proper place x3

@Kyrbi0 tas'dingo.. :3

Level 35
it will come soon i think o3o i've added a portrait to my main model. although, with how incompatible the skeletons were ( lich and sorceress) she kiinda turned into an odd thing with tho heads, one of which is in a rather undignified position xD but, that's alright. the portrait anims are the only anims where the new head replaces the old in its proper place x3

That is just something I want to see even more :grin: The curiosity is getting the better of me.

On a scale of 1 to "Copy the entire head with the crown and paste it down", how lazy are you? :razz:

Jokes aside, it looks really nice. I approve of me!
actually that's the sorceress portrait model that's in an unfortunate place, which I cut up until there was just the head and neck. same with the bones. then i just transferred that edited model to the main model via matrix eater :3 the crown was added a bit after that

anyway, here's an unnecessary beauty shot from ingame XD
unnecesary beauty shot XD.jpg

..someone tell me are shadows like this supposed to be on a model? Oo They seem to 'follow the sun' as i move the hero ingame, but i haven't tested it the for the whole war3 day

Level 34
actually that's the sorceress portrait model that's in an unfortunate place, which I cut up until there was just the head and neck. same with the bones. then i just transferred that edited model to the main model via matrix eater :3 the crown was added a bit after that

View attachment 285583

..someone tell me are shadows like this supposed to be on a model? Oo They seem to 'follow the sun' as i move the hero ingame, but i haven't tested it the for the whole war3 day
Love it... misha!

LadyHive1.jpg
Im abit Regret to join as Icon Artist :p Having a hard time, should have just join as modeller,
this is attempt 2 WIP 1 on the hero portrait, attempt 1 is too ugly i dont even want to show

Anyone have tips on drawing female face?
Would be glad to get any tips or criticism, it's been so long since i painted something, and since i draw a portrait

And im not sure why i didnt get notification, I didnt know there were so many new post until now

@PrinceYaser , your post was removed.

@Misha , I sligthly edited your post, too.

Reviewing and giving more detailed suggestions is definitly not allowed until the contest is over, not here, or somewhere else. Please understand. Any reviewing inside teams is very allowed, though.

Ahh sorry i didnt know
I thought it was encouraged, at least in other contest, i will not do that then

Level 24

View attachment 285583

I never realized lady Hive has no legs :p
Aside that. The brush and palette looks cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.