• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Workshop Cup Melee Mapping Contest [Polls Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
EDIT 2019.10.05
Map updated to version 5.0.

My entry:

(2) Uther’s Slumber (NEW VERSION! v5.0 is up to date; 2019.10.05)
+--------------------------------+
Author: AdamCG
Tileset: Cityscape
Suggested Players: 1v1
Description: "Uther lived and died to defend the kingdom of Lordaeron. His light is the light of all humanity - and so long as we honor his example, it shall never fade." –Anonymous

Last edited:
Level 29
Guys I'm improving the map changing the units in the canyon for destructibles dead version, however they all are set as the same team color (red). How can I fix that to set human units blue and red for the horde units?

I think only with triggers can be done: create:... facing angle, team color... I rememeber it from the orc TFT campaings, green theramore footmans deads.

Dont do that, change the doodads will set the map as melee: no, use skulls and remain scorched instead.

holy moly that's a great map :eek:

agree

Last edited:
Level 7
My entry:

(2) Uther’s Slumber
+--------------------------------+
Author: AdamCG
Tileset: Cityscape
Suggested Players: 1v1
Map Size: Tiny (84 x 84)
Description: "Uther lived and died to defend the kingdom of Lordaeron. His light is the light of all humanity - and so long as we honor his example, it shall never fade." –Anonymous

Uther's Slumber

holy moly that's a great map :eek:

Level 15
The Syndicate's Hive updated and tested. It's really funny the way you could use goblin mines in the map. Added some sound effects for bandits camps lore like (Sylvana's and Mug'thol for example)... custom units trapped in cage (swordman for humans, warlock for orcs, necromancer for undead and archers for nighe elves) in each mercenary camp.
If you think I could improve something else just let me know.

Level 22
@adamcg Uther's Slumber? That's a blast from the past :D Be wary of the empty space between the trees though. Other than that it's a great map.

@Sxar I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but:
  • No custom imports are allowed.
  • Triggers are not allowed.
  • The map must satisfy the "Melee Map: Yes" condition as determined by Warcraft 3.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I have added the "contest entries" tag to all submission so far, please tell me if I missed one of them.
Saw you added it to my melee as well but shouldn't there be a list with all of us as well? :peasant-thinking:Just asking

Level 20
Some quick WIP I managed to put together today. Still not sure about tileset and if I will be able to finish it till Sunday, but I would love to submit new map and not use any of my older ones.

WIP1.png

Level 29
Some quick WIP I managed to put together today. Still not sure about tileset and if I will be able to finish it till Sunday, but I would love to submit new map and not use any of my older ones.

looks very nice!!, very promissing, probably you know this

upload_2019-9-29_17-54-58.png

mirrow 1 in 2 and 3 in for and design half map.

and a trick to put doodads in a fast way:

start with bats... and put bats bats and bats.
then birds... birds birds and birds.
then braziers, braziers braziers and braziers.
and so on....
skull pile... skull pile skull pile and more skull pile.

that way you use almost all and you put them more fast.

Level 18
Here's my WIPs

It's mostly done gameplay-wise I think, though I'm not sure I'm convinced about the creep camps and drops.
Still have to finish terrain, work out bases, trees placement, visibility and clarity, some doodads here and there maybe.

(Merc camps are not supposed to be Lordaeron Winters ones and will be changed to Summer I think - I know it'll look awful but the troll trappers are too imba sadly)

Attachments

• Ctst_Wip_00.jpg
    Ctst_Wip_00.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 174
  • MSK_WIP_00.jpg
    MSK_WIP_00.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 185
  • MSK_WIP_01.jpg
    MSK_WIP_01.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 158
  • MoonSpark WIP v0.6.w3x
    100.7 KB · Views: 47
Level 6
There is a list on the frontapage that is updated by the Manager.
And also there is my excel list, just in case.

View attachment 333746

Thanks for compiling that! Just a note that many people have posted revised versions of their map (myself included) since their original submission! It'd be extra awesome if that spreadsheet also double-checked version for that reason. :)

Level 29
Thanks for compiling that! Just a note that many people have posted revised versions of their map (myself included) since their original submission! It'd be extra awesome if that spreadsheet also double-checked version for that reason. :)

I am not shure if I am following the idea you mean to take note of new maps and old maps (revised versions)???

and double checked you mean by another user??

I will keep effort to have updated if that is necesary
(I have the nose of a fox and the ears of a wolf, I can smell the link of a map at great distances)

by the way the frontpage list is also being updated in time to time, and that list is the oficial one.

Last edited:
Level 6
I am not shure if I am following the idea you mean to take note of new maps and old maps (revised versions)???

and double checked you mean by another user??

I will keep effort to have updated if that is necesary
(I have the nose of a fox and the ears of a wolf, I can smell the link of a map at great distances)

by the way the frontpage list is also being updated in time to time, and that list is the oficial one.

Perfect! I just meant to ensure the most up to date version is listed/used for the contest :thumbs_up:

Level 5
First time building a Melee map for the contest.
Since i thought having a normal symmetrical map would be standard, i tried to do it a little bit different, but still symmetrical.
upload_2019-9-30_21-41-55.png
Although there are not many props to choose in Icecrown Glacier :hohum:
I'd love to hear your opinions, especially if i forgot something basic or stuff. I'll probably upload it to workshop right before the deadline.

Level 7
hey im pretty new here and just uploaded some competetive maps. im working on a map for this contest atm. How can i "link" it and can i link it and later update it ?

this is your map right? Rivulet

just post the link with copy&paste

and you can update the map clicking on the edit button of the site of your map. then scroll down "Resources:" and click on "edit" again, then click on the green checkmark and then those the warcraft 3 map you want to upload.

Level 6
I've made my entry: Lord of the Pit

@mafe Could you please add 'Contest Entries' tag to all the remaining submissions so far?

By the way, does anyone know if the testing/judging process will be completely closed (most likely) or we'll be able to follow it being broadcasted somewhere? My guess is that Back2Warcraft might stream something about it, however it's up to judges really. I'm just curious about spreading the word on public polls, since there are so many great maps submitted for the contest!

Level 29
I've made my entry: Lord of the Pit

@mafe Could you please add 'Contest Entries' tag to all the remaining submissions so far?

By the way, does anyone know if the testing/judging process will be completely closed (most likely) or we'll be able to follow it being broadcasted somewhere? My guess is that Back2Warcraft might stream something about it, however it's up to judges really. I'm just curious about spreading the word on public polls, since there are so many great maps submitted for the contest!

Usually judges have 2 weeks/ 1 month to write the review of all maps. but now , only 5 days, I dont think they can have time in streaming while judging.

but in the past, some youtubers reviewed all the maps in a short way, like 2 mins per map.
I remember Orange and WTii. I would espect something in the youtube WC3 channels.

Last edited:
Level 13
It shouldn't be hard to make 4 picks.
I'd be more concerned about those 4 maps being checked for cheats and bugs.
All drops have to work.
I'm not sure if Blizzard fixed the custom drop table bug for 1.31, but that means that there could be several maps with bugged drops.

My theory: you have custom drop table with 3 items, 33% change each. So 3 times 33% equals 99%. Then there's bugged 1% change of not getting any item. I don't know if this is true but I should fix my drops too since I noticed that custom table rarely doesn't drop anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.