• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Contest #2 - War is everywhere [Deceased]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
soo.. how much is this extension going to be? days? weeks? months? :D

EDIT:
View attachment Thersidas.w3n
i still wonder how long the extension is gonna be. well anyway, here's the almost finished campaign i got. the only missing part is going to be the ending cinematic. if the the extension will be sufficient, i'll be adding another map just to tie in with the ending cinematic. if not, i'll be posting later the final work. all i need to do now is check if there are any more bugs, maybe a little tweaking with the exp and drops, and maybe add a little more doodads to some maps.

Last edited:
Which is bad?... No, a mounth is just fine.
:ogre_hurrhurr: less competition

Anyways, I've been working on the final chapter lately:

TIME TO ADD GRASS!

Attachments

• wurr.PNG
    wurr.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
Level 8
every time i see a picture WIP i always get this feeling like i should improve my map's terrain -- all of them XD

but meh.
View attachment Thersidas 00.w3n
if this doesn't get extended this is probably it, but it will be, right? right? :p
and lol. a 1.18MB campaign, in comparison to the must not exceed 75MB in size :))

EDIT:
replaced the attached map. that was the semi-finished one XD

Last edited:
Well I'm planing on adding a flying sequence to the final chapter, that should be fun (and a hell of trouble to actually make it)
So KayS, how's it going at your side?

edit: I give up. For real this time, I don't know WHAT I WAS THINKING, but I just found out that I was editing the wrong map the whole time, with no triggers in it whatsoever, I also can't find the other chapters. All I have are the first versions of the three chapters that I had made ;_; I could download the first chapter that I've uploaded here and use that one again, however I've lost all of the chapters, along with the 4 spells that I had made/imported which took me around 5 hours. And I was so motivated to make the final chapter and now THIS. My motivation is at an end now. Sorry, KayS, I really can't take this anymore.

Last edited:
Level 13
Sadly me and my teammate might be out for this I haven't really talked to him but both of us are busy and me specifically I am just lazy.

On a side note I will try to finish the campaign since I enjoyed making it and like the story but probably not for this contest.

Level 7
I might try to get some stuff done for this; but I just can't say for sure it's going to get done. I just really don't have the time most likely in the next few weeks. Even thanksgiving break going on I'll just be mostly spending time with family and doing some random schoolwork that is left over.

Level 34
If memory serves, the first contest was extended well past the original deadline. I definitely don't think you're going to get any (completed) submissions by then.

Level 7
The 7th is a bit iffy. I mean really that's just when final exams are going around for my college. Was really hoping it'd be at least a week after that really so I agree with Gilles a bit. Though regardless I might get some part of it done or not is more probably dependent if I just feel like it and have some available time now that the contest has kind of went a bit sour(lack of time and interest somewhat).

Level 8
i think that the ones who will benefit from this extension will still be the ones doing their entries from the start of the contest. well, at least it gets extended :D

on a side note, a searched the archive for the campaign contest #1 (as i'm quite curious what it was) and was surprised that the contest was like 5 months :eek:

Level 8
Random pics to show I'm working on it.

Can you solve it?
attachment.php

Who is this dude?
attachment.php

The first miniboss battle is finished, but because of the time, I would probably have to shorten the campaign. So now, it's gonna be 3 playable maps.

Attachments

• ARiddleOfSomeSorts.jpg
    ARiddleOfSomeSorts.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 156
  • ISummonYou.jpg
    ISummonYou.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 130
Level 17
To be honest, a lengthy time period allowing for a lot of work and for a better quallity of campaign entries produced would be alot more preffered, than Multiple competitions with alot less appealing entries.

So whats the campaign contest 3#'s Theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.