• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Contest #2 - War is everywhere [Deceased]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys just small notice, models are great contribute to any map, that's fact. But quests and story are far more important, don't forget that.

- Lore (Story, quests, unit names, world descriptions, NPC units etc etc)
- Graphic (UI, effects, models, terrain etc)
- Gameplay (Systems in general, spells, difficulties, special events, game modes etc etc)

I would really like to test finished campaigns.

For those of you who are looking for an additional member to join, you may want to use this signature (which will by extension promote the contest):

[center][URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/arena-226/campaign-contest-2-war-everywhere-204566/"][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/160036-albums4747-picture52581.png[/img][/URL][/center]

Level 8
dostig.jpg
here's what it really looks on my screen. hopefully any other users other than me will see this XD
though it's a nice way to sorta show this on the site Pharaoh :D

Level 13
Besides the amount of contestants do we even have any entry's close to completion? Besides Vengeancekael.

Level 8
he posted somewhere he still have 10 chapters, but yeah i think that was a joke :p
hmmm. i got 3 (1 cinematic, 2 playable) chapters done, though the campaign itself is not finished. halfway through the 3rd and started the map for the 4th.

EDIT:
View attachment 04 - Unwanted Bloodshed.w3x
a WIP from chapter 3. i'm still messing with the AI editor, and imported the first script into the map. not sure if the AI are attacking though. i checked the AI from Monolith and based most of what's in the script from there. still redoing it XD

Last edited:
If someone here is willing to do triggers, I'd be glad to get some help :3

L2love apparently needs triggerers.

You only have 18 days left :p
Also why am I so lazy, I haven't even started with the third chapter.

3 chapters are enough, if the maps are rich and missions longer.

Brambleclaw and I are working together as a team, but we are nowhere near done :/

No wonder...

Nice rolling ronojales, with this rate of churning out maps, you will surely win the contest (if not for anything else, just for being only to finish :p)

I could join if somebody would like to do a short historical campaign, possibly anything around 1500, as I have most models from that period and period I'm most interested in :p, just like my italian warz :3

Level 7
I just stumbl'd across this thread. Even though it is a bit late does anyone still require a partner? I can do some trigger work, and I have some other skills ofc. I know vJASS and a bunch of random things about the editor. I rather join someone already working though it's a bit late to start a campaign when there is like roughly 16 days left or so. Also just cause I'm a triggerer doesn't mean I can't terrain or anything.

Also from the responses that recently people are suggesting the contest might get extended which would mean I wouldn't be joining super close to the deadline.

Level 8
soo.. how's everyone doing up? anyone else with at least half of the map done? or done already? it's getting nearer the deadline and we have yet to see a final (or at least a semi-final-just-checking-if-there-are-still-bugs entry)
*found an awful bug in the first map

@KayS
it says Unit missing data or something :O

the AI from the previous map took quite a while before i considered it alright and playable. can't really understand most AI tutorials anywhere :|
but here's the next one. so far it's semi-finished until the choosing part
View attachment 05 - Undead Conspiracy.w3x

Level 38
I think the major issue is that campaigns are multiple maps, and maps take a ton of time. Fitting everything in to the same time frame allotted to creating one model or one skin is pretty hard to deal with, especially for those who don't even see the contest posted until it is well under way.

From participating in various areas in the Arena one thing I've always wanted to do is just have one really long contest to allow more casual participants to join, I remember one contest I did a fan comic for another site gave 3 months from start to finish.

Also, with the Advertisement thingies not working anymore now that Pyrite has retired and no one capable of dealing with them seems interested in continuing them I'd recommend PMing anyone you think might be interested in joining the contest when it gets started. (I PMed everyone who placed an entry in any of the last ~6 texturing contests to join the current one and that thread got a burst of activity). As this is only the 2nd iteration of this specific contest type I'd recommend checking the map section for people who have done campaigns or maybe mini-mapping contests to see if you can find more interested participants that way, if you're interested in getting more people to join in the fun ;)

Level 7
A story-driven, single-player action RPG, "To the Bitter End" has been over six years in the making and features an original setting and with completely original characters, abilities, items and spells.

6 years is a bit above the time limit for this contest even with the extension. I think vengeance was just joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.