• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Contest #2 - War is everywhere [Deceased]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

campaign.png
contest.png
number.png
2.png

CampaignContest-1.jpg

160036-albums4747-picture51624.png

Contestants should create a playable campaign, with at least 2 chapters. The theme should revolve around war. Storyline and character creation is left to the contestants' taste. You can either solo or form a team of maximum two members to join the contest.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • Screenshots of the campaign in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your final submission must be bug free enough to test and play.
  • Teamwork is allowed for a maximum of 2 members per submission, who will consist the official team of the submission. However, you can still solo, if you like.
    • Finding testers to help you with your submission is acceptable.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
  • The submission must not exceed 75 MB in size.
  • Your submission may not be started before the official launch of the contest.

prizes.png

• First Place: 60 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 40 reputation points
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points

contest%20judging.png

Storyline
How creative the story was? Were there any surprising moments? Did any part feel rushed?/10

Cinematics
How well did the cinematics bind with the storyline? What was their overall quality? Did they enhance the understanding of the lore?/10

Playability
Was the map set bug free? Did it have the proper flow to accompany the lore?/10

Appearance
How were the overall aesthetics? Did the campaign achieve to attract the player?/10
  • 70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on 30th September 2011 and conclude on 20th December 2011, 11:59 GMT

Use this in your signature, in case you are looking for a partner:

[center][URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/arena-226/campaign-contest-2-war-everywhere-204566/"][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/160036-albums4747-picture52581.png[/img][/URL][/center]

Last edited:
Level 38
Ohh, this looks interesting. I'd be interested in joining, but I'm pretty much into everything except creating an actual storyline XD, always viewed those more as an excuse to kill stuff and a basic explanation for why you get to use some RFC stuff than anything else.

So basically I'm down for teaming up with someone who is more interested in writing the storyline for a campaign (being great with triggers is always a + to, I'm so-so with them at best).

One question though; how much like the WC3 champaigns should this one be? Considering the guidelines are pretty open-ended I'd assume we aren't making (more or less) a tutorial to play a racial techtree, and rather we could do something pretty different from wc3 gameplay like change the function of armor to grant evasion rather than % damage reduction, right?

Level 16
Ohh, this looks interesting. I'd be interested in joining, but I'm pretty much into everything except creating an actual storyline XD, always viewed those more as an excuse to kill stuff and a basic explanation for why you get to use some RFC stuff than anything else.

So basically I'm down for teaming up with someone who is more interested in writing the storyline for a campaign (being great with triggers is always a + to, I'm so-so with them at best).

I can write a storyline, and make terrain. Sadly i am a so-so to triggers aswell.

Level 17
This looks awesoume.

I think i'm gonna join since this Co-incides with 2 weeks of holiday. Free time =D

If Anyone wants to be a team. "I would be happy to" (Peon quote =D)

Open to idea's.

Last edited:
Level 17
Since no one wants to team or have not expressed interest i will begin with terrain when i reach malta . Yey Holidays ^^

For those who have not thought of a story line or anything yet let me present you with this.

Maybe it can get things flowing in your mind.

Pharoh You entering. Oh god we all lost now o_O Looking forward to seeing yours.

Good luck all as always

Level 38
Well, if you guys are posting wips...

Here is what I have done so far. Was thinking a Castlevania meets Diablo I style for the gameplay. Sadly, it doesn't seem very war is everyware atm, but without any storyline zombies seemed like a good idea for mobs to test stuff against.

An yeah, since it's a campaign I splurged a bit on the imports. (You can use any of my skins in this if you credit me btw).

If anyone is interested in helpin' me with a story I have decided upon a main character, because A: I think displaying armor on a character w/ skins would be cool, and B: I did like, 20 sentry skins already.

armorstylespreview.jpg

Attachments

• (1)Campaign2War_67chrome_Demo.w3x
    5.4 MB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.