• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
contest entry

My map "City Under Siege" is finished and ready for entry. See below.

Sorry that only part is indoors. But have fun with the puzzles and traps!

Attachments

• (1)CityUnderSiege_v1-0.w3x
    440.8 KB · Views: 227
Level 8
offtopic: guys how could u waste the 1500 post??

off t end.

ok 1 question about the deadline ^^. it is the 21, ok but, what time?

21 ;00:00 or 21 ;23:59?

simpler, does the deadline include the 21 or not?

Level 9
offtopic: guys how could u waste the 1500 post??

off t end.

ok 1 question about the deadline ^^. it is the 21, ok but, what time?

21 ;00:00 or 21 ;23:59?

simpler, does the deadline include the 21 or not?

- [OffTopic]With questions like yours.

- Everything is in the 1st post...

The contest shall begin on December 29 2009 and conclude on February 21. 2010, 0:00 AM, GMT

Level 9
What?

Isn't the deadline tomorrow in 00:00?

Seriously people, STOP using 00:00 as the time when a contest ends it is CONFUSING.

EDIT:

Is it 10 hours or 34 hours???

As I mentioned before, the day changes at exactly 00:00 that's why everyone's using that time. 23:59 is Saturday and 00:00 is Sunday. In 5 hours and 24 minutes the contest will conclude.

Level 11
Greetings, Syleona. Competitors, and Onlookers.

Here's my final entry for the 3rd solo-mapping-competition on hiveworkshop.com.

» De.Facto's [ ARCADIA - Rise and Fall ]

» Project Title

ARCADIA - Rise and Fall

is an utopian adventure in a scale of an epic poetry for WarCraft III - The Frozen Throne. As a free spirit you have to find a cure for the meta-level!
» WiPs

ARF_006.jpg

ARF_005.jpg

ARF_009.jpg

» Download ARCADIA - Rise and Fall
» Teaser

Attachments

• Arcadia - Rise And Fall v0.8c.w3x
    11.9 MB · Views: 503
Last edited:
Level 11
As I said I would, I am submitting my incomplete map. Mostly just for the sake of actually submitting something, and also so that the work goes to some use at least.

I doubt I will finish it off. Especially since I still haven't been able to fix my windows installation :(

Well anyways here it is.
I used JNGP, I had credits written down but I cannot access them because they are on the windows side of my computer.

Lumen.png

Attachments

• Lumen v0.2.w3x
    15 MB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Level 19
Greetings, Syleona. Competitors, and Onlookers.

Here's my final entry for the 3rd solo-mapping-competition on hiveworkshop.com.

» De.Facto's [ ARCADIA - Rise and Fall ]

» Project Title

ARCADIA - Rise and Fall

is an utopian adventure in a scale of an epic poetry for WarCraft III - The Frozen Throne. As a free spirit you have to find a cure for the meta-level!
» WiPs

ARF_006.jpg

ARF_005.jpg

ARF_009.jpg

» Download ARCADIA - Rise and Fall
» Teaser

Looks nice..
But I'm stuck already after obtaining 3 "crystals". Could you pm me what to do because I really got the feeling something isn't working right.

Level 11

Looks nice..
But I'm stuck already after obtaining 3 "crystals". Could you pm me what to do because I really got the feeling something isn't working right.

Just tested this 10 or 20 times. (; I've written a PM.

And who the heck is that wolf guy and why can't I interact with him

You mean Gunpreet? Animals can't speak, dude not even on the meta-level. ;D

You have to lure him with something special..

Level 14
Submission

So! At long last, here is my submission, with the guts of the content I'd intended for it, and reasonably bug free (based on the testing, anyway). As with any of my maps, it's pretty difficult, but I included hints where my testers were getting stuck, so hopefully that'll ease things up a bit. I am happy to give hints, just PM me, but note that the game can't save/load properly!

For clarification, it's a point-and-click puzzle adventure game, with no combat, and a few dialogue scenes. If my testers are any indication, the total game time is in the region of 2-3 hours :csup: (but shorter if you're quick to solve the puzzles, of course).

There are a few things which I didn't have time for, unfortunately; such as skippable dialogue, a more elaborate terrain (though I doubt it'd be on par with the incredible work of some of the other contestants), red herrings (you're probably better off without those :crazz:), and a few light glitches due to WarIII's engine.

I was quite pleased to be able to include some video game music remixes, which are very helpfully free to use! If you liked any of the tracks, you can download them free and check out more; just click the links in the credits.

Anyone who reaches the ending will probably find that it doesn't make much sense; but I had to omit a sequence of puzzles before and during the ending due to time constraints. That sequence, I suspect, would have made this game a lot more immersive, and better preceded the ending, but I can manage without. I'd certainly consider returning to this map and adding those additional features, along with some other graphical and dialogue touch-ups. I'll also add credits to the map itself at some point.

This map is unprotected (as of 1.04, in compliance with contest rules) and was made using JNGP.

wip1wk.jpg

lerauxshot2.jpg

lerauxshot3.jpg

GRAPHICS:
  • Piratess skin: chrome67
  • Heretic/Judicator/Zealot skin: Pins
  • ForceGem model: RightField
  • Water Wheel model: spong3bob
  • Maggot model: tee.dubs
  • Tile model: Scythy Dervish
  • Water model: iNfraNe
  • Sword model: HappyTauren
  • Magos' model editor: Magos

MUSIC: In order:
PRIVATE TESTING:
  • SenseiSoul
  • Dracula(CotN)
  • StormFront
  • Berbanog (aka Stev-n)
  • Dekar
  • Senfbrot
  • Gahn

Thank you to all of the above! Without your direct or indirect assistance, 'Leraux' would have been impossible! :cgrin:

PUZZLES/DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT/EVERYTHING ELSE:
  • Softmints

There was a muck-up in the versions earlier than 1.03, apologies to anyone who spent time on those. Use of 1.04 is preferred.

Attachments

• Leraux_1.04.w3x
    13.9 MB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Level 1
Hey Syleona,

Could you make your list of entries on the first page into hyperlinks so we can all download the maps from one place?

Cheers,

- w3mapmaker

Level 11
okay so I made it past the shadowy bit in the vibration temple, but now what :0

You have to stalk around a bit. There are two different ways. Just follow the energy-streams. There's an orange one with an energized core and a green one - it's corrupted. Just click on the crystal. (;

Hey Syleona,

Could you make your list of entries on the first page into hyperlinks so we can all download the maps from one place?

Cheers,

- w3mapmaker

Yes, good idea. (;

You have to stalk around a bit. There are two different ways. Just follow the energy-streams. There's an orange one with an energized core and a green one - it's corrupted. Just click on the crystal. (;

Why do I always find these things right after I post them xD

Status
Not open for further replies.