• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Invasion of Kalimdor Enhanced

Sequel of my Undead Enhanced Campaign, if there's some bugs/malfunctions/bad ideas just tell me :)

Use Warcraft 1.27.1 (1.27b) or higher to avoid maps that don't load.

This Campaign is basically the Orc Campaign, but with lots of new things, if you want to replay The Invasion Of Kalimdor but you want also something new, this is the mod for you!
- Heroes (and creatures) Level Cap raised to 20
- Lots of custom units(Humans, Creeps, Orcs, with both new models and old ones)
- Lots of new custom Items.
- Added a few Side quests in some levels.
- Lots of custom upgrades and custom abilities!

- Merge Items system: many Items are only pieces of more powerfull Items, explore the maps and find all the pieces!
- Little surprise in Chapter 6.
Thanks to teozamait for the idea and thanks to TERRY MCDONALD for the map base.

Credits:
Thanks to kola, Mythic, Direfury, Stefan.K, loktar, Murlocologist, Wildfire, Maxwell, Hermit, Hayate, Novart,
Darkfang,Bribe(damage engine), eubz, ~Nightmare, The_Spellweaver, Chaos, PrinceYaser, OgeRfaCes,
MadMax, ChevronSeven, Mr.Goblin, paulH, Ujimasa Hojo, Nilas Aran, Mister_Haudrauf, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Marcos DAB,
the panda, Elfsilver Lord, ChevronSeven, KelThuzad, Sun gate, Stanakin, Golden-Drake, BLazeKraze, marcus158, Pyritie, JollyD,
Chucky, Palaslayer, viiva, Cuore, wingednosering, Rubellu Sidus, Chaosy, zbc, HappyTauren, Chen, Wildfire, Zaljinzoo,
Nudl9 , Mc !, Deolrin, Mr.Goblin, General Frank, BLazeKraze, UgoUgo, JollyD, -Berz-, bigapple90, WILL THE ALMIGHTY,
Traggey, -Stygian-, 4eNNightmare, dhguardianes, The Leader, Kanadaj, L_Lawliet, Arch-archdemon, The_Spellweaver, Dalharukn
DeathKnight, lebedevvladi4ka, induwer, Eagle XI, LifeguardLeroy, Ceterai, Tamplier777, Evolving, -Grendel, Kuhneghetz, Deolrin,
Big Dub, Gwen Stefani, JetFangInferno, Freezer, BlackRockClan, Rmx, The D3ath, bu3ny, 67chrome, CloudWolf, Ginufe, valkemiere, Alexen,
Sin'dorei300 for Models/icons.

ChangeLog
1.0.1 - Fixed Grom Voice and improved Triggers of mixing items.
1.0.2 - Fixed Human control on final mission, added a goblin merchant and fixed an issue in chapter 5
1.0.3 - fixed Blue AI in chapter 6 and added defensive forces for elfs in chapter 5.
1.0.4 - Fixed troll mage, now it won't crash.
1.0.5 - Fixed Bug in final mission.

Previews
Contents

Act IV: The Invasion of Kalimdor (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Nerve Strike should look passive. You can make the icon look like that with: Button Manager v1.8.2 Same with: Intimidating Aura, Speed Aura, Spirit Return, Calm. The Totem is nothing really than just a ward with Command Aura. Could have been more fun...
Level 2
HEllo i played this campaign which i was waiting for so long. And my game crashed. i m using 1.30 version and in third chapter[Cry of the Warsong] i think were u suppose to meet grom and defeat 4 human bases i trained troll mage and when i click it it just crashes my game.

[Ye also thrall becomes so good in third chapted]

Level 9
Just so are clear i played in 1.31.1 and suffered 0 crashes.

This might be a version problem considering how many people keep saying there game crashes at 1.30

Last edited:
Level 2
the game is fine now i can select the troll mage with no crashes but another poblem i have now is the final mission i cant finish it since the soul gem jaina gave to thrall is missing
dude when i kill it it will drop an Item called trapped or captured soul [if i m right] then u take that item to circle of power! that happen to me to. Canpaign has no more bugs[if im correct]

Level 9
Im having an issue with the final mission.

When i control of Jaina and im defending etc. The infernals attack. Which isn't really a problem the issue is more on the infernals actually skip jaina's base and hover on there buildings. They don't attack the humans and the humans don't attacks. So they just stand there. I played the entire campaign again and its awesome dude. I love it.

Level 13
Im having an issue with the final mission.

When i control of Jaina and im defending etc. The infernals attack. Which isn't really a problem the issue is more on the infernals actually skip jaina's base and hover on there buildings. They don't attack the humans and the humans don't attacks. So they just stand there. I played the entire campaign again and its awesome dude. I love it.
I forgot to make them treat humans like enemies, fixed

Level 2
@soviet_00
I play in b1.21 and it only works until task 2 why is it like that
And I did patch 1.31 and it only gives me warcraft 3 reforged

Level 3
Great campaign !
That orb and potion, one maxed out, turn Thrall into a beast.
I'd say it would require a bit more difficulty though.
Especially in the last level I was able to solo the map with only Thrall an Cairne (I had, I think, all the items maxed out though)
I found a little bug in the last chapter, I "killed" Grom and he dropped the soul thing but kind of reappeared afterward.
It was not an issue since bringing the gem to the circle ended the map.
Anyway great campaign again, love what you did with the recipes and the tech trees.

Level 13
Great campaign !
That orb and potion, one maxed out, turn Thrall into a beast.
I'd say it would require a bit more difficulty though.
Especially in the last level I was able to solo the map with only Thrall an Cairne (I had, I think, all the items maxed out though)
I found a little bug in the last chapter, I "killed" Grom and he dropped the soul thing but kind of reappeared afterward.
It was not an issue since bringing the gem to the circle ended the map.
Anyway great campaign again, love what you did with the recipes and the tech trees.
Make sure you played Hard difficult, you should control each Chapter difficult because there's a bug that will change automatically difficult(for example, if you play the first chapter in hard, the next one could be reset to Normal), you have to choose "Hard" also in the NORMAL Campaigns, doing so the difficult(hopefully) won't change.
If you played the campaign in hard and found it easy... well you have my respect xD, but i'm pretty sure you can't solo the final chapter in hard, the Fel Brutelord will Slice Thrall like butter, also i will check that bug.

Level 2
kinda off topic here So i manage to use the mpq editor and extracted the file and re edit the missions of the costume campaign in the world editor (The map is reformedh btw) the problem is how do i put all this missiond in this folder together in a single .w3n file and play the campaign again.
reformedh 1_17_2021 7_20_57 PM.png

i have been searching answers for this and there's no definitive answers what so ever it gives me confusion on how you and teozmit are able to modify make all the missions work i am only able to make it work using the test map in the world editor

Level 13
kinda off topic here So i manage to use the mpq editor and extracted the file and re edit the missions of the costume campaign in the world editor (The map is reformedh btw) the problem is how do i put all this missiond in this folder together in a single .w3n file and play the campaign again.
View attachment 372007
i have been searching answers for this and there's no definitive answers what so ever it gives me confusion on how you and teozmit are able to modify make all the missions work i am only able to make it work using the test map in the world editor
If i understood your question, you must create a campaign(human for example) and put every single map in it, order them if necessary and everything should work fine

Level 2
If i understood your question, you must create a campaign(human for example) and put every single map in it, order them if necessary and everything should work fine
and how am i supposed to do that in the campaign editor? like what i am gonna add or import each mission.w3x file?

Level 6
View attachment 372007

I don't understand what you're trying to do but you can just open the custom campaign you're trying to edit, you right click on one of the maps and it will say 'edit map'. Then it will open the map for you and you can press "Save as" to save as a separate map in whatever location you want after.

Level 2
add each map in the campaign editor (ctrl + A), they should be linked together automaticaly
Anyway why you want to do this?
sorry for the late reply i'll try and the reason why is i just wanted to remove the food system which i can make more army and add more units to make the game more fun im more of a person who wants to make a vast army maybe due to my exposure to other rts game like command and conquer

Level 2
I don't understand what you're trying to do but you can just open the custom campaign you're trying to edit, you right click on one of the maps and it will say 'edit map'. Then it will open the map for you and you can press "Save as" to save as a separate map in whatever location you want after.

welp i manage to did what soviet_00 said and manage to link all the missions in the campaign editor and able to play it again thanks for help

Level 13
sorry for the late reply i'll try and the reason why is i just wanted to remove the food system which i can make more army and add more units to make the game more fun im more of a person who wants to make a vast army maybe due to my exposure to other rts game like command and conquer
you have to change the Gameplay Constant "food limit" to 999 in each map, also you have to change gold taxes.

Level 10
This is nice. It's like the Orc reforged campaign that we never got. Easily better than Reforged, and I think Blizzard needed you to work with them lmao. I will reflect more when I finish the campaign, but I like what I saw so far.
Come to think of it, the only good thing in Reforged was the enhancement of the original voice lines plus the Malganis Crotch Stab:plol::plol:

Level 13
This is nice. It's like the Orc reforged campaign that we never got. Easily better than Reforged, and I think Blizzard needed you to work with them lmao. I will reflect more when I finish the campaign, but I like what I saw so far.
Come to think of it, the only good thing in Reforged was the enhancement of the original voice lines plus the Malganis Crotch Stab:plol::plol:
Wow, thanks for the compliments bro :D

Level 10
1- Some of the original voice lines are missing. For example, when you beat the humans in Chapter 3, Thrall says something like "I escaped conflict, but it looks like it's our destiny to battle the humans for ever" (not sure if it's correct or not). Also, the voice line of Grom attacking humans is missing. The dialogue appears, but no voice acting. Also, it's not the original quote, it is changed.

2- I appreciate the new units and items. They give the campaign a new personality. Guess the campaign won't be "enhanced" if it didn't have new features. However, lore-wise, I'm not sure if it fits. Cuz back then, the horde was nowhere close to be complete, thus Ogres were still not part of the horde, but those things don't matter much. Ogres eventually join, so it's cool to play with them.

3- Considering the variety of the models you used, it would have been preferable if you used new models for the heroes in the campaign, that replace the default ones. There is a more magnificent model for both Grom and Mannoroth. Maybe Thrall as well. I think it's a missed opportunity that you used the default ones.

4- Other than chapter 1, there isn't much new to do tbh. It would have been great if there are new things to do, like new side missions, or branch chapters...etc.

5- Chapter 5 is bugged. The main questline don't reveal itself after the settlements are lost, nor does the cutscene of Cenarius leaving the battlefield and restoring the cut forests, happen.

I can't progress or play at this point, I hope you can fix it.

EDIT: Okay, apparently progressing to the blood fountain and killing the Satyr guardian completes the undiscovered quest. However, this is still an issue, as there is missing content and it needs to be fixed. The Night Elf bases are supposed to keep attacking you to make it harder for you to Macro as you reach the blood fountain. Right now, they are passive and refuse to create units and buildings.

6- During the final cut-scene of chapter 5, Mannoroth is bugged and starts attacking Night Elves as he talks, running away from God. That was weird lmao.
Also, if Grom is dead after you win the chapter, Grom won't be in the final cut-scene, as you can see down below in one of the pictures.

7- The blademaster hero is a bit comedic and I think he's a good addition, but maybe if you added something to personalize him, it would have been great. Like a dedicated chapter to him that puts him in a place that fits him within the lore, but I like the idea of this hero.

Attachments

• Screenshot (149).png
    Screenshot (149).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot (150).png
    Screenshot (150).png
    4.3 MB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot (152).png
    Screenshot (152).png
    4.1 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Level 13
1- Some of the original voice lines are missing. For example, when you beat the humans in Chapter 3, Thrall says something like "I escaped conflict, but it looks like it's our destiny to battle the humans for ever" (not sure if it's correct or not). Also, the voice line of Grom attacking humans is missing. The dialogue appears, but no voice acting. Also, it's not the original quote, it is changed.

2- I appreciate the new units and items. They give the campaign a new personality. Guess the campaign won't be "enhanced" if it didn't have new features. However, lore-wise, I'm not sure if it fits. Cuz back then, the horde was nowhere close to be complete, thus Ogres were still not part of the horde, but those things don't matter much. Ogres eventually join, so it's cool to play with them.

3- Considering the variety of the models you used, it would have been preferable if you used new models for the heroes in the campaign, that replace the default ones. There is a more magnificent model for both Grom and Mannoroth. Maybe Thrall as well. I think it's a missed opportunity that you used the default ones.

4- Other than chapter 1, there isn't much new to do tbh. It would have been great if there are new things to do, like new side missions, or branch chapters...etc.

5- Chapter 5 is bugged. The main questline don't reveal itself after the settlements are lost, nor does the cutscene of Cenarius leaving the battlefield and restoring the cut forests, happen.

I can't progress or play at this point, I hope you can fix it.

EDIT: Okay, apparently progressing to the blood fountain and killing the Satyr guardian completes the undiscovered quest. However, this is still an issue, as there is missing content and it needs to be fixed. The Night Elf bases are supposed to keep attacking you to make it harder for you to Macro as you reach the blood fountain. Right now, they are passive and refuse to create units and buildings.

6- During the final cut-scene of chapter 5, Mannoroth is bugged and starts attacking Night Elves as he talks, running away from God. That was weird lmao.
Also, if Grom is dead after you win the chapter, Grom won't be in the final cut-scene, as you can see down below in one of the pictures.

7- The blademaster hero is a bit comedic and I think he's a good addition, but maybe if you added something to personalize him, it would have been great. Like a dedicated chapter to him that puts him in a place that fits him within the lore, but I like the idea of this hero.
Strange, i played chapter 5 multiple times and everything was ok, the elfs starts the attack after like 5 minutes(after Cenarius Growing forest scene), first waves are "light" attacks and then they become suddently heavy, i will check it out but i think you are the only one that encountered this problem, also will fix grom and mannoroth. Also the grom quote line is different because i've messed up with grom and grom base and at the end i'd lost the quote so i replaced it with my own xD
Also its strange that grom won't revive himself if dead and that the elfs aren't hidden, in the trigger there's the command to hide all elfs and revive grom
EDIT: I've just re-tested the map and everything works fine, killed Cenarius with dead grom and he appear in the final cutscene, also the elfs aren't there, maybe the fact that the first quest didn't trigger has influenced the final cutscene(it doesn't have much sense, but i can't find a better explanation).

Last edited:
Level 10
Strange, i played chapter 5 multiple times and everything was ok, the elfs starts the attack after like 5 minutes(after Cenarius Growing forest scene), first waves are "light" attacks and then they become suddently heavy, i will check it out but i think you are the only one that encountered this problem, also will fix grom and mannoroth. Also the grom quote line is different because i've messed up with grom and grom base and at the end i'd lost the quote so i replaced it with my own xD
Also its strange that grom won't revive himself if dead and that the elfs aren't hidden, in the trigger there's the command to hide all elfs and revive grom
EDIT: I've just re-tested the map and everything works fine, killed Cenarius with dead grom and he appear in the final cutscene, also the elfs aren't there, maybe the fact that the first quest didn't trigger has influenced the final cutscene(it doesn't have much sense, but i can't find a better explanation).
Strange indeed. I'm playing on pre-reforged, version 1.31.1, so maybe it could just be me. Also, in chapter 8 (final chapter), the soul gem is just missing, and I don't know where it is. Any help? In the vanilla campaign, the soul gem item automatically replaces the first item on Thrall's inventory, but here, it doesn't. I tried restarting, but to no avail. I reloaded chapter 7 to prepare Thrall to receive the soul gem item by emptying the first slot, but the soul gem is still missing.
Are these glitches only with me or what?

Attachments

• Screenshot (153).png
    Screenshot (153).png
    4.3 MB · Views: 141
Level 6
Strange indeed. I'm playing on pre-reforged, version 1.31.1, so maybe it could just be me. Also, in chapter 8 (final chapter), the soul gem is just missing, and I don't know where it is. Any help? In the vanilla campaign, the soul gem item automatically replaces the first item on Thrall's inventory, but here, it doesn't. I tried restarting, but to no avail. I reloaded chapter 7 to prepare Thrall to receive the soul gem item by emptying the first slot, but the soul gem is still missing.

When you kill Grom it drops the soul gem along with him, it was inventory space purposes. Also why would he do any modifications to the 'lore' whatsoever? If he wanted to change lore stuff he could've just made a brand new campaign

Level 10
When you kill Grom it drops the soul gem along with him, it was inventory space purposes. Also why would he do any modifications to the 'lore' whatsoever? If he wanted to change lore stuff he could've just made a brand new campaign
Are you sure? I used cheats to check, Grom didn't drop anything.
EDIT: I just rechecked again. It didn't drop.

Level 13
The soul gem is not a glitch, you have to fight grom and then automatically the soul gem will capture him
Are you sure? I used cheats to check, Grom didn't drop anything.
EDIT: I just rechecked again. It didn't drop.
If you cheat he will not drop anything, he has to reach 30% of life, then will be trapped in the soul gem

Level 10
The soul gem is not a glitch, you have to fight grom and then automatically the soul gem will capture him

If you cheat he will not drop anything, he has to reach 30% of life, then will be trapped in the soul gem
Alright, so that makes sense then. If you're planning to update the campaign in the future, maybe add that little bit of info in the questline, like "defeat Grom into submission" or something like that, cuz I honestly thought it is glitched.

Level 13
Alright, so that makes sense then. If you're planning to update the campaign in the future, maybe add that little bit of info in the questline, like "defeat Grom into submission" or something like that, cuz I honestly thought it is glitched.
at the beginning of the mission a hint should pop up saying to damage grom (at least if i don't forgot to put it :D)

Level 12
~ Chapter 1 "Landfall"

-Love the new items and that we can combine them!

-Bug: After a while the orc music stops playing and it becomes really quite.

-Bug: Right before meeting with Cairne, there is a pack of centaurs that attack Thrall, and the player needs to kill them in order for the Cairne cinematic to show up, but it seems that 1 Centaur wasn't coded with the rest, and if he stays alive, the cinematic starts before the player manages to kill him, so it makes the cinematic awkward because when Thrall and Cairne talk, the rest of my army still fight that last centaur on the side lol
the cinematic got a bit affected because of the centaur that i was still fighting.png

-Bug: In the last part of the mission with Cairne where we defend the village, there are some centaurs that don't come with their waves and stay behind, because of that the next waves do not spawn and is very weird, they do come eventually but is pretty bad, it makes the whole scene a mess.
In the first attack wave a Centaur drudge stays behind
centaur drodge.png
In the second wave a Centaur Sorcerer stays behind and he is blocking 1 centaur archer as well :D
centaur sorc stays behind.png
And in the third wave a Centaur Outrunner stays behind
Centaur Outrunner (3rd wave)stays behind).png

~ Chapter 2 "The Long March"

-There seems to be only 2 - 3 murlocs north of the first fountin, i think there should have been more of them, especially when the buildings and mobs drop lots of runes of healing and resurrection.

-Overall this mission felt waay too easy, i think i only lost 2 units in the entire mission, there should be more creep hordes all over the map, and the centaur hordes should have more units, especially at the end, near the third oasis.

-There is a part where some strong murlocs and centaurs fight eachother, that was pretty cool, but i think there should be some kind of speech or text either from Thrall or the centaurs, like for exemple:
Murloc Ravager says: "some murloc sounds like RwlRwlRwlRwl"
The Centaur Seratus says: "Crush these wretched murlocs my brothers"
Thrall after the fight says: "Hmmm, it seems most of the creatures of this land don't really get along"
just an example to make that scene better.

-We get 3 catapults in this mission and the hint text says we will need them against buildings, but there are no buildings in this mission lol, there should be like a centaur fort with centaur towers before the third oasis!

~ Chapter 3 "Cry of the Warsong"

-Man, why are these missions so easy... the enemy humans didn't even had upgrades, they had like 20 food army each, i felt like i was playing on very easy difficulty lol...
Even their heroes were super weak, lvl 4 and low stats.. the human armies and their heroes need to be buffed in this mission
Edit: i think i played on normal difficulty, but even on hard, they are still weak, so the point stands.

~ Chapter 4 "The Spirits of Ashenvale"

-I see you changed the terrain of the map a bit in this one, i liked it.

-Bug: The hotkeys for shock on shamans don't work.

-Similar to the other missions, the difficulty seems off, is a bit too easy, it seems only the blue nightelf had upgrades in this mission, the rest did not have any, i loved the new nightelf units u added tho like the Moon sorceress (love the starfall spell when they are killed).

-Bug: There is this Goblin tinker quest where we need to kill the furbolgs to get 2 shredders, but the main goblin building "The goblin lab" has already shredders to be bought, so the quest seems kinda useless, i believe there should be no goblins shredders available to be bought, there should be only after the quest is completed!

~ Chapter 5 "The Hunter of Shadows"

- Well... right as the mission started i went with grom and his army and destroyed every single nightelf base, i even managed to destroy all the buildings that were from Cenarius lol, this mission can be omega cheezed by straigh attacking the elves and not giving them any time to build an army!

My suggestion for this would be giving each night elf base 50+ food of units that need to defend the buildings so they have time to build, and make Cenarius be more reactive to when the orcs attack an elf base (especially in the early stages), cuz when i was attacking the elf bases Cenarius was just staying afk most of the times.

- And talking about the creeps, the furbolgs were nice, but the Satyrs that were in the fountain area fell too quickly, there were like 3 Satyr mini bosses on the road towards the fountain, each one of them should have tons of little satyrs on their side to make the fight fair, otherwise is too easy to kill them like this alone. The last Satyr guarding the fountain (Usauck) should have some spells as well, i didn't see him using his mana, i even soloed him with Grom easy, there should be like a whole legion of satyrs there as well and he should have spells!

~ Chapter 6 "Where Wyverns Dare"

- Outland Warlocks must be the coolest units i have seen in all custom maps i've played so far!
And right after that, holy shit, That Blademaster hero is so awesome! never seen this before either, super unique passive!

-I think the blue human base should send some attack waves as well to help the grey human base, cuz this mission similar to the previous ones felt a bit too easy.

-The only problem with this missions is right at the end, Nag interrupted Thrall and Cairne with his own text, not sure that was intended, but i think he should let them finish, then he should make his entrance, that would help with the comedic aspect as well.

~ Chapter 7 "The Oracle"

-Loved the new terrain and units changes you made.

-In the first cutscene there are some units fighting in the background, sounds like kobolds dying, there should be no unit sounds during this cutscene.
koboldsfighting each other bug.png
nevermind i found them, it seems something went wrong here, they were fighting each other, they should be on the same team.

-I will keep repeating myself but i have no other way, i feel that i didn't really have time to play with the heroes that much, i didn't have that many enemies to slay, there should be much more kobolds, skeletons, random creeps, etc in this mission, for example, when i had to control Thrall, i didn't even need the rest of the army, i only used Thrall and the new Blademaster hero to go through the dungeon, and it still felt easy, there should be more creeps overall, like for every creep in this mission there should be 3 more of them, or make them stronger, the mini bosses for both Thrall and Cairne felt like flies, they were that weak.

~ Chapter 8 "By Demons, Be Driven"

Damn, unfortunately i got lag spikes every 2 seconds in this mission and it was such a terrible experience to play through it, other than those lag spikes/fps drops the mission was nice, finally a mission where my heroes actually struggled lol and the enemy units and heroes were actually strong, i liked the whole Piggy boss thing, pretty nice.

Another bug was the fact that the last cinematic called "The Death of Hellscream" didn't play after i finished chapter 8, i believe there should have been one.

Suggestions:

- I see some people had the same thoughts like i did and that is > It gets to a point where i do not have space for all those unique items that i find, i wonder if you can implement some sort of backpack or stash that saves into the next chapter.
Somehow i missed some items even, cuz by the end of the campaign i still didn't have all the items combined, like the potions and the amulets, this is where the extra backpack or a stash would have helped.

Overall thoughts:

-Ok i might have played some missions on normal difficulty by mistake, because i didn't know that the difficulty choice before selecting the campaign actually mattered
diff choice.png
But! it still felt easy even when i replayed some missions on hard, indeed when i selected hard the enemy units had more upgrades, but in the missions where units and creeps aren't in a faction and don't have upgrades , choosing hard didn't really had an impact, so my thoughts still stand that, the entire campaign (except last mission) was too easy! compared to the previous Human and undead campaigns, this one was super easy :D

- I read from some comments that maybe even when the player chooses hard before starting the campaign, the next missions he plays when he finishes the current one would go back to normal, I believe you should ditch this difficulty systems and make them the way you made the Human and Undead campaign, where you can't select the difficulty at the beginning of the campaign.

- But overall i enjoyed this campaign, mainly because of 2 things:
- Orcs are my favorite race in War3 so yea, i had a lot of fun playing with them and your new units and upgrades really helped making the missions feel new and fresh!
- The items! Those new items and their combinations, i absolutely loved this item system!

Level 13
~ Chapter 1 "Landfall"

-Love the new items and that we can combine them!

-Bug: After a while the orc music stops playing and it becomes really quite.

-Bug: Right before meeting with Cairne, there is a pack of centaurs that attack Thrall, and the player needs to kill them in order for the Cairne cinematic to show up, but it seems that 1 Centaur wasn't coded with the rest, and if he stays alive, the cinematic starts before the player manages to kill him, so it makes the cinematic awkward because when Thrall and Cairne talk, the rest of my army still fight that last centaur on the side lol
-Bug: In the last part of the mission with Cairne where we defend the village, there are some centaurs that don't come with their waves and stay behind, because of that the next waves do not spawn and is very weird, they do come eventually but is pretty bad, it makes the whole scene a mess.
In the first attack wave a Centaur drudge stays behind In the second wave a Centaur Sorcerer stays behind and he is blocking 1 centaur archer as well :D And in the third wave a Centaur Outrunner stays behind
~ Chapter 2 "The Long March"

-There seems to be only 2 - 3 murlocs north of the first fountin, i think there should have been more of them, especially when the buildings and mobs drop lots of runes of healing and resurrection.

-Overall this mission felt waay too easy, i think i only lost 2 units in the entire mission, there should be more creep hordes all over the map, and the centaur hordes should have more units, especially at the end, near the third oasis.

-There is a part where some strong murlocs and centaurs fight eachother, that was pretty cool, but i think there should be some kind of speech or text either from Thrall or the centaurs, like for exemple:
Murloc Ravager says: "some murloc sounds like RwlRwlRwlRwl"
The Centaur Seratus says: "Crush these wretched murlocs my brothers"
Thrall after the fight says: "Hmmm, it seems most of the creatures of this land don't really get along"
just an example to make that scene better.

-We get 3 catapults in this mission and the hint text says we will need them against buildings, but there are no buildings in this mission lol, there should be like a centaur fort with centaur towers before the third oasis!

~ Chapter 3 "Cry of the Warsong"

-Man, why are these missions so easy... the enemy humans didn't even had upgrades, they had like 20 food army each, i felt like i was playing on very easy difficulty lol...
Even their heroes were super weak, lvl 4 and low stats.. the human armies and their heroes need to be buffed in this mission
Edit: i think i played on normal difficulty, but even on hard, they are still weak, so the point stands.

~ Chapter 4 "The Spirits of Ashenvale"

-I see you changed the terrain of the map a bit in this one, i liked it.

-Bug: The hotkeys for shock on shamans don't work.

-Similar to the other missions, the difficulty seems off, is a bit too easy, it seems only the blue nightelf had upgrades in this mission, the rest did not have any, i loved the new nightelf units u added tho like the Moon sorceress (love the starfall spell when they are killed).

-Bug: There is this Goblin tinker quest where we need to kill the furbolgs to get 2 shredders, but the main goblin building "The goblin lab" has already shredders to be bought, so the quest seems kinda useless, i believe there should be no goblins shredders available to be bought, there should be only after the quest is completed!

~ Chapter 5 "The Hunter of Shadows"

- Well... right as the mission started i went with grom and his army and destroyed every single nightelf base, i even managed to destroy all the buildings that were from Cenarius lol, this mission can be omega cheezed by straigh attacking the elves and not giving them any time to build an army!

My suggestion for this would be giving each night elf base 50+ food of units that need to defend the buildings so they have time to build, and make Cenarius be more reactive to when the orcs attack an elf base (especially in the early stages), cuz when i was attacking the elf bases Cenarius was just staying afk most of the times.

- And talking about the creeps, the furbolgs were nice, but the Satyrs that were in the fountain area fell too quickly, there were like 3 Satyr mini bosses on the road towards the fountain, each one of them should have tons of little satyrs on their side to make the fight fair, otherwise is too easy to kill them like this alone. The last Satyr guarding the fountain (Usauck) should have some spells as well, i didn't see him using his mana, i even soloed him with Grom easy, there should be like a whole legion of satyrs there as well and he should have spells!

~ Chapter 6 "Where Wyverns Dare"

- Outland Warlocks must be the coolest units i have seen in all custom maps i've played so far!
And right after that, holy shit, That Blademaster hero is so awesome! never seen this before either, super unique passive!

-I think the blue human base should send some attack waves as well to help the grey human base, cuz this mission similar to the previous ones felt a bit too easy.

-The only problem with this missions is right at the end, Nag interrupted Thrall and Cairne with his own text, not sure that was intended, but i think he should let them finish, then he should make his entrance, that would help with the comedic aspect as well.

~ Chapter 7 "The Oracle"

-Loved the new terrain and units changes you made.

-In the first cutscene there are some units fighting in the background, sounds like kobolds dying, there should be no unit sounds during this cutscene.
nevermind i found them, it seems something went wrong here, they were fighting each other, they should be on the same team.

-I will keep repeating myself but i have no other way, i feel that i didn't really have time to play with the heroes that much, i didn't have that many enemies to slay, there should be much more kobolds, skeletons, random creeps, etc in this mission, for example, when i had to control Thrall, i didn't even need the rest of the army, i only used Thrall and the new Blademaster hero to go through the dungeon, and it still felt easy, there should be more creeps overall, like for every creep in this mission there should be 3 more of them, or make them stronger, the mini bosses for both Thrall and Cairne felt like flies, they were that weak.

~ Chapter 8 "By Demons, Be Driven"

Damn, unfortunately i got lag spikes every 2 seconds in this mission and it was such a terrible experience to play through it, other than those lag spikes/fps drops the mission was nice, finally a mission where my heroes actually struggled lol and the enemy units and heroes were actually strong, i liked the whole Piggy boss thing, pretty nice.

Another bug was the fact that the last cinematic called "The Death of Hellscream" didn't play after i finished chapter 8, i believe there should have been one.

Suggestions:

- I see some people had the same thoughts like i did and that is > It gets to a point where i do not have space for all those unique items that i find, i wonder if you can implement some sort of backpack or stash that saves into the next chapter.
Somehow i missed some items even, cuz by the end of the campaign i still didn't have all the items combined, like the potions and the amulets, this is where the extra backpack or a stash would have helped.

Overall thoughts:

-Ok i might have played some missions on normal difficulty by mistake, because i didn't know that the difficulty choice before selecting the campaign actually mattered But! it still felt easy even when i replayed some missions on hard, indeed when i selected hard the enemy units had more upgrades, but in the missions where units and creeps aren't in a faction and don't have upgrades , choosing hard didn't really had an impact, so my thoughts still stand that, the entire campaign (except last mission) was too easy! compared to the previous Human and undead campaigns, this one was super easy :D

- I read from some comments that maybe even when the player chooses hard before starting the campaign, the next missions he plays when he finishes the current one would go back to normal, I believe you should ditch this difficulty systems and make them the way you made the Human and Undead campaign, where you can't select the difficulty at the beginning of the campaign.

- But overall i enjoyed this campaign, mainly because of 2 things:
- Orcs are my favorite race in War3 so yea, i had a lot of fun playing with them and your new units and upgrades really helped making the missions feel new and fresh!
- The items! Those new items and their combinations, i absolutely loved this item system!
Yeah i have a bad news for you, you played the entire campaign in normal xD, in mission 3 the heroes are level 6 in hard for example and playing in normal will make some units disappear(for making the chapter less hard), also in mission 5 its strange that you managed to destroy every base, i put many elf units defending the bases and if you manage to kill them Cenarius should come to defend, stopping your army. For the sounds bugs... well i cannot find them because i play without sound :D. I will check all these bugs and fix them.
Also the "hard" difficult in this campaign is a bit easier than the other two. Anyway i'm pretty sure you are a very good player so we'll se if you manage to beat my human re-maked campaign at max difficult :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Nerve Strike should look passive. You can make the icon look like that with: Button Manager v1.8.2 Same with: Intimidating Aura, Speed Aura, Spirit Return, Calm.
  2. The Totem is nothing really than just a ward with Command Aura. Could have been more fun like a totem type to choose from (Spellbook ability).
  3. The issue with the custom items is that they make the usual ones meaningless and to be left on the ground. Maybe make it able to put them on Cairne? The new items are also many and cannot all be carried around.
  4. Burning Oil should not appear in the second chapter as it is not available anyway.
  5. Shaman's Shock has the S hotkey at least in its title. S is hardcoded for Stop.
  6. Since the trolls don't get fel powers, shouldn't they go away or be replaced by other units?
  7. Fire Potion doesn't have a DISBTN and looks green on F10/pause. The Button Manager can make such a disabled version of the icon. Same with: Meditate.
  8. Light Paladin has a hero model and it shows glow and its body remains on the ground after death.
  9. Meditate=Tranquility. Nothing different.
  10. The issue with Gan is that the hero gets replaced and you have to choose spells and put CTRL+number back.
  11. There are abilities that seem to appear out of nowhere like Spirit Return and the Mother Earth strength of something. Also, Rage of the Elements. So, these are the true ultimate abilities.
  12. Can't find any Soul Gem to trap Grom in. Chose to play with Jaina as well.
  13. Fortified Tower needs a bigger selection circle.
  14. The Fel Blademaster hero has no glow. You can simply add it: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Also this hero's name and that other one's is the same as their unit name.
  15. The Voidwalkers from the Void Scepter have a tooltip missing Spellbook with Evasion inside.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Shar Dundred
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 13
  1. Nerve Strike should look passive. You can make the icon look like that with: Button Manager v1.8.2 Same with: Intimidating Aura, Speed Aura, Spirit Return, Calm.
  2. The Totem is nothing really than just a ward with Command Aura. Could have been more fun like a totem type to choose from (Spellbook ability).
  3. The issue with the custom items is that they make the usual ones meaningless and to be left on the ground. Maybe make it able to put them on Cairne? The new items are also many and cannot all be carried around.
  4. Burning Oil should not appear in the second chapter as it is not available anyway.
  5. Shaman's Shock has the S hotkey at least in its title. S is hardcoded for Stop.
  6. Since the trolls don't get fel powers, shouldn't they go away or be replaced by other units?
  7. Fire Potion doesn't have a DISBTN and looks green on F10/pause. The Button Manager can make such a disabled version of the icon. Same with: Meditate.
  8. Light Paladin has a hero model and it shows glow and its body remains on the ground after death.
  9. Meditate=Tranquility. Nothing different.
  10. The issue with Gan is that the hero gets replaced and you have to choose spells and put CTRL+number back.
  11. There are abilities that seem to appear out of nowhere like Spirit Return and the Mother Earth strength of something. Also, Rage of the Elements. So, these are the true ultimate abilities.
  12. Can't find any Soul Gem to trap Grom in. Chose to play with Jaina as well.
  13. Fortified Tower needs a bigger selection circle.
  14. The Fel Blademaster hero has no glow. You can simply add it: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Also this hero's name and that other one's is the same as their unit name.
  15. The Voidwalkers from the Void Scepter have a tooltip missing Spellbook with Evasion inside.
Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Shar Dundred
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
In the final chapter you have to damage grom, in the beginning a messagge will pop out and tell it (i see nobody reads them lol), otherwise you would only trap grom in the soul gem and bye bye, pretty boring(at least for me), Also in wich chapter the light paladin is bugged? Also the abilities that appear from nowhere are the Ultimate Abilities, you can see them only in the final mission, Except for Gan and Nag, they have 5 abilities(max 5 abilities for hero) so i made a trigger that unlocks automatically the ultimate ability for them, and the mother Earth Strengh is a research made in the Altar of Ancients(4% chance per attack to increment stats by 30 for like 20 seconds or something like that). Except for the voidwalkers, that is just a bug i missed :D

Level 4
That would unbalance the whole campaign, you really like trolls don't you xD

As an Allied unit, without the Troll ain't gonna complete the HORDE that's way broo like the Allience without the Elves to support the human no way they will won right. Beside The orc and the Troll are not just allied they are friends aswell.

Level 9
Just finished the campaign.
It's been challenging at first but once you level up the heroes and find the special items, it's pretty much down the hill from there.
I loved the new models you used for the different races , the maps are pretty much the same with minor differences in some. Other than that it's simple.
Haven't encountered any bugs.
*Played it on v1.29, hard difficulty*