• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

8-Player Co-op Campaign: The Invasion of Kalimdor (RoC Orc)

8-Player Co-op Campaign

The Invasion of Kalimdor

The complete Reign of Chaos Orc campaign, adjusted to support up to 8 players.

8-PLAYER CAMPAIGNS
RoC Human: The Scourge of Lordaeron
RoC Undead: Path of the Damned
RoC Orc: The Invasion of Kalimdor
RoC Night Elf: Eternity's End

How does it work?
Players in this campaign share a single base. They are able to use each other's Barracks, Altars, Spirit Lodges, Bestiaries, and Tauren Totems to produce units. Any research they complete is applied to all players.

To harvest resources, players simply harvest lumber with Peons as usual, and assign your Peons to a gold mine. All resources gathered are split equally between all players.

Everyone who is not playing as a plot-critical hero (Thrall, Cairne, Grom) is able to choose a hero from the Altar of Storms to lead their own army. The maximum size of each person's army depends on how many people are playing, as they split a pool of 100 food between them. Four players would each have a food cap of 25.

This campaign can be played in Classic or Reforged graphics.

217370-b88d988bfb16bc3e69cc8da967f6fcea.png

How hard is it?
At the start of each mission, players vote for Normal or Hard difficulty. Normal mode uses Blizzard's hard difficulty as a base, and then makes it a little bit harder for every player int he game. Hard mode adds additional defenders and stronger / more frequent attack waves.

Should this really be played with eight people?
It doesn't require eight people. It all depends on how much chaos you want. Personally, I think about four is a good balance, but the maps can handle any number. In fact, if you wanted to play with even more people, all you would have to do is open some more slots in the map editor and place their starting locations, and all the triggers should automatically work with as many players as you cram in between the AI factions.

217371-8986846a325627b29b09cd2f6190f44d.png

What in-game commands are available?
"-cam ####" or "-zoom ####" will adjust the camera.
"[Escape]" to vote to skip a cutscene.
"-votekick" will bring up a dialog box to select a player, and everyone can vote.

217374-fe0669727cffc8f359244b3895e92d0e.png
Previews
Contents

8P Campaign: Orc 01 (Map)

8P Campaign: Orc 02 (Map)

8P Campaign: Orc 02 Interlude (Map)

8P Campaign: Orc 03 (Map)

8P Campaign: Orc 04 (Map)

8P Campaign: Orc 04 Interlude (Map)

8P Campaign: Orc 05 (Map)

8P Campaign: Orc 06 (Map)

8P Campaign: Orc 07 (Map)

8P Campaign: Orc 08 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
As the others, a nice multiplayer experience but gameplaywise it doesn't bring that much difference aside from the multiplayer aspect and little to no macro management. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
As the others, a nice multiplayer experience but gameplaywise it doesn't bring that much difference aside from the multiplayer aspect and little to no macro management.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 9
v1.05 changes:
  • Adjusted starting resources so each player starts with enough for a Stronghold in high player-count games.
  • Corrected Fel Peons not being able to harvest.
  • Made Beastmaster's hawk summon in mission 7 not actually fly, to prevent it flying over the cliffs.
  • Corrected Tinker revive cost.
  • Slightly reduced difficulty in first and last missions.

Level 9
v1.06 changes:
  • Added normal/hard mode vote to the start of missions
  • Increased the minimum food cap in games with many players from 12 to 18
  • Food caps now visually update immediately when recalculated when a player leaves
  • Peons can now just right-click on a Gold Mine to harvest.
  • You can now reclaim your Peons from a mine by selecting them.

Level 3
Hi, we've noticed that sending a Peon to work in a gold mine doesn't take away the food as it does with the Human and Undead campaigns. The problem is that when selecting the Peon to reclaim it you do get +1 food consumed, so you basically lose 1 max food every time you reclaim a Peon.

Level 9
Hi, we've noticed that sending a Peon to work in a gold mine doesn't take away the food as it does with the Human and Undead campaigns. The problem is that when selecting the Peon to reclaim it you do get +1 food consumed, so you basically lose 1 max food every time you reclaim a Peon.
Weird. Still no idea why it was only working for player 1, but I changed how the trigger functions and it seems to work now. Maps are updated. Fortunately this is the only campaign that used that system, so Night Elves are unaffected.