• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

8-Player Co-op Campaign: Eternity's End (RoC Night Elf)

8-Player Co-op Campaign

Eternity's End

The complete Reign of Chaos Night Elf campaign, adjusted to support up to 8 players.

8-PLAYER CAMPAIGNS
RoC Human: The Scourge of Lordaeron
RoC Undead: Path of the Damned
RoC Orc: The Invasion of Kalimdor
RoC Night Elf: Eternity's End

How does it work?
Players in this campaign share a single base. They are able to use each other's Ancients of War, Lore, and Wind to produce units. Any research they complete is applied to all players.

To harvest resources, players simply harvest lumber with Wisps as usual, and assign them to a gold mine. All resources gathered are split equally between all players.

Everyone who is not playing as a plot-critical hero (Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan) is able to choose a custom hero from the Altar of Elders to lead their own army. The maximum size of each person's army depends on how many people are playing, as they split a pool of 100 food between them. Four players would each have a food cap of 25.

This campaign can be played in Classic or Reforged graphics.

220173-ae3d94e3f3f3d8591c4e5e50662f7724.png

How hard is it?
At the start of each mission, players vote for Normal or Hard difficulty. Normal mode uses Blizzard's hard difficulty as a base, and then makes it a little bit harder for every player int he game. Hard mode adds additional defenders and stronger / more frequent attack waves.

Should this really be played with eight people?
It doesn't require eight people. It all depends on how much chaos you want. Personally, I think about four is a good balance, but the maps can handle any number. In fact, if you wanted to play with even more people, all you would have to do is open some more slots in the map editor and place their starting locations, and all the triggers should automatically work with as many players as you cram in between the AI factions.

220171-bc9723988432968c996da5d69a9f0180.png

What in-game commands are available?
"-cam ####" or "-zoom ####" will adjust the camera.
"[Escape]" to vote to skip a cutscene.
"-votekick" will bring up a dialog box to select a player, and everyone can vote.

220172-580f89b7b5c81bec11de01b0f904957e.png
Previews
Contents

8P Campaign: Night Elf 01 (Map)

8P Campaign: Night Elf 02 (Map)

8P Campaign: Night Elf 03 (Map)

8P Campaign: Night Elf 04 (Map)

8P Campaign: Night Elf 05 (Map)

8P Campaign: Night Elf 06 (Map)

8P Campaign: Night Elf 07 (Map)

The Last Guardian (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Seems like each campaign tried something somewhat different but the general scope and feel remains the same, the campaigns experienced through micro-managed multiplayer. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand...
Level 1
Stumbled upon your project last night when browsing custom maps on battle.net and I absolutely love the concept. Played the first few human maps and plan on playing all the rest.

I have some feedback:

1. Cap the player count at 4 and balance the maps for 4 players. 4-man seems to be the sweet spot for co-op games (e.g. games like l4d2, cod zombies are all 4-man). I know it might be cool to have 8 people for the chaotic factor but it definitely makes the game too easy since heroes take up 5 food but they are worth probably 20-30 food of regular units. Another option is significantly ramping up difficulty if the lobby goes beyond four players
2. Ramp up the difficulty, or add a difficulty setting. I would love to see an "insane" difficulty setting that requires 4 highly competent players to collaborate to win. This would also add some replayability for people to replay your maps at a hard difficulty setting after beating it on a normal difficulty

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Seems like each campaign tried something somewhat different but the general scope and feel remains the same, the campaigns experienced through micro-managed multiplayer.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 2
I have a little problem, because, my PC do not like the 1.34, just the 1.31. But this maps looks awsome. Do I have, any possibilities to play with this coop campagne?

Level 29
I have a little problem, because, my PC do not like the 1.34, just the 1.31. But this maps looks awsome. Do I have, any possibilities to play with this coop campagne?
Unfortunately, it's impossible. Not to mention, Reforged had always been updated to the very latest patch, which is, as I'm writing on, 1.35 (1.36 for PTR).

Level 3
Great campaign ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
We thoroughly enjoyed this one on Hard difficulty with a group of 3. Missions 1 and 6 felt a little bit tougher than usual, but I think that's the nature of those missions in general. Thank you so much for creating these and allowing us to experience the story together!