• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #6 - Ancient Mythology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Create a scene from an ancient myth

oki... how bout this: Jesus walking over a lake?
Oh sweet, next im gonna do Moses spliting the red sea!^^

Attachments

• Jesus.jpg
    Jesus.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 230
Level 17
here is a wip of my hanging gardens of babylon terrain
i want to make a sunrise in the back and other things
Nice terrain raid, although it could use some fog and lighting (I'm sure you plan on adding them anyways).

Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that you receive just as much reputation for making a terrain than if you had made an entire map? 40 reputation seems high for something like this.

Level 36
Nice terrain raid, although it could use some fog and lighting (I'm sure you plan on adding them anyways).

Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that you receive just as much reputation for making a terrain than if you had made an entire map? 40 reputation seems high for something like this.

That's how much you get for making a skin, spell, model or even a drawing, so I don't see why not.

Level 24
It's the art contests that gives to much rep imo, not the map contests that gives to little. I mean, it would be a bit ridiculous if you were awarded like 80 rep for a mapping contest just to balance it, since generally, a map takes longer time to do than a skin or a model.

Level 7
I would like to join, this contest seems fun :D

Edit: oh yeah, i was wondering if its possible to place custom models into the map....?

edit again: do i have to post a screen shot or the entire map?

Last edited:
Level 10
Oziris, that hill to the right is looks wierd cuz you got all these lil pine trees and then this 1 huge giant elv tree. Scale that thing down some and scale up your pine trees. Just a suggestion though. After all it is a competition.

Level 12
Updated!

Some Highlights:

Crystals in background now glow!

Took out all the coral that looked bad and only kept the ones that looked good!

Added Seaweed!

Attachments

• Atlantis Terrain 2_edited-1.jpg
    Atlantis Terrain 2_edited-1.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 271
Level 12
Updated!

Some Highlights:

Crabs Added!

Dolphins Added!

Fish Spam!

Attachments

• Atlantis Terrain 3.jpg
    Atlantis Terrain 3.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 214

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Well, as I already said, I gave up making roman and started making an Norse, so here is my WIP, Yggdrasill outpost, 2 versions. Also made an Jesus walking in the water for fun (but I'll not use it).

note: The WIPs are in an very early stage, so, eventually, I can change much things.

Attachments

• Jesus in the water.jpg
    Jesus in the water.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Norse - Yggdrasil Outpost WIP (Contest).jpg
    Norse - Yggdrasil Outpost WIP (Contest).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Norse - Yggdrasill Castle (Contest) .jpg
    Norse - Yggdrasill Castle (Contest) .jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 191
Status
Not open for further replies.