• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #6 - Ancient Mythology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Cool im in, if my terrain isnt epic failure befor i even finish. Im thinking the Tower of Babel or the Collosium.
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Level 19
here is a wip of my hanging gardens of babylon terrain
i want to make a sunrise in the back and other things

edit: UPDATED! (possibly final!)

Attachments

• contest subision.PNG
    contest subision.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 820
Last edited:
Level 10
Ugh damn u Raid. After realizing how difficult it would be to top ~voids~ tower of babel. I started a Aztec type theme map, it sorta resembles yours. My chance of winning just got even more narrow.

Level 12
here is a wip of my hanging gardens of babylon terrain
i want to make a sunrise in the back and other things

Ugh! I was hoping that by doing Atlantis, mine would look different from yours and therefore, people wouldn't try to compare them. However, mine looks very similar to yours, and, I must say, yours is far better than mine, even if it is unfinished.

Level 11
Here's a WIP, the great hall of Valhalla, where half of those that die in combat travel to upon death.

Things that are left to do:
-fix the damn skybox (I'm starting to hate the WE skyboxes)
-add some epic lightning!
-work on the mountains and the background some more and fix any problems that I haven't seen yet.

Attachments

• asgard wip.jpg
    asgard wip.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 238
Level 36
It's nice for a WIP, but I think those rocks are used really poorly. When you use those rocks to make cliffs, you shouldn't place them like they are stand-alone doodads, you should place them as if they were extensions to the terrain itself. It looks a lot better that way.

Level 10
Nice one, Darkyvm. Mines probably twice as finished as yours and doesnt look half as good.
And yeah those Elv trees come up as green checker boxes in my UTM grr.

Level 12
A preview of my terrain. The Lost City of Atlantis, hidden beneath the waves. I know it's not the best, but I think it's okay.

Attachments

• Atlantis Terrain 1_edited-1.jpg
    Atlantis Terrain 1_edited-1.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 226
Level 10
Nobody commented on my terrain ;(

lol Oziris yours is looking pretty good, i dont much like the foreground though, thats just as personal opinion and that 1 crooked tree in the center looks funny. With some nice lighting effects that could be real good terrain though.

Level 8
sry to say but i'm out... lack of time lack of inspiration and real life problems.
it's getting me to much...

Status
Not open for further replies.