• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #4 - Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So, if you had a 16 year old behind the wheel and you gave him whisky, he'd be dead within the hour, or his passengers, or other drivers would).
that rule is applied to anyone not just 16 year olds
what i dont get is why 21 years is the legal age to drink?
in my country is 18...

Level 36
Here. I fixed his pose. This is, after all, before Famous' demon smashes the shit out of him, and my previous picture looked like his ribs had been shattered.

Attachments

• Terrain Contest IV.png
    Terrain Contest IV.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 514
Level 18
No, the front most part of his face Closest to the light, is darkest. And tbqh, I think you should really make him look a lot more like a solid being than what he looks right now. Because he has shifted your terrain focus from just an 'epic-ish' view to him, and the construction really doesn't look great. His body is chunky, and his arms sort of are 'pasted' on.

Worst off: He looks like he has a diaper on... -.-

Level 34
Nah, I like where you're going with that. I just never thought of it, so the rules don't include it. :p

Level 37
How many hours I still have time?

EDIT: Okay, here's my picture. I tried to make something epic but it turned to be epic fail. Even I can laugh to my own creation. And no, it's not a huge dick or a burned finger. It suppose to be a huge magical cannon which is meant to kill flying dragons. I know this will not win anything but hey, let's laugh all to it?

Attachments

• vv22.JPG
    vv22.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Level 34
Well I think we should wait a bit before we start a new one. There will probably be an onslaught of contest soon. I'll talk to Hawkwing.

I vote for Anachron ! =P
ABout the terrain, the light effects are quite good. HOwever the terrain is too symmetric and there is not much variety. Keeping in mind that seems abandoned you should add some special green and yellow effects (like you did with icy effects to my map).
Although the light is good I think you could add some "ground fog" to the map to make it look mysterious. You can use abominations disease cloud and change it to a nice color and you can use tranquility effect on target.

Also in the higher spot of the terrain is far to empty. You only have a unit there. Consider changing that into a throne like place and add to it some statues per example.
Finally having in mind this is an abandoned place, you really should consider adding some grass to the ground in the temple.

I think this is all, good luck in contest !

Level 17
Well Anachron, let me take a look.

[-] It looks to crowded in a negative way, I can barely see what it's supposed to be.
[-] Those rays of light are way to spammy, use a doodad for the rays instaid of a weatehr effect.
[=] Just attach it to your post, it sucks loading at different sites. xD

I suggest you replace the doodads to make it look like something. And use a different camera angle.
Don't forget to work on those rays of light, and make sure we can see what it's supposed to be. I like the ruins style though. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.