• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #6 - Ancient Mythology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Okay, here's an other WIP. I have been messing around with the lightning. What do you think?

Also, brand new super special format PNG FTW! :D

Attachments

• Norse Theme WIP 2.png
    Norse Theme WIP 2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 287
Level 10
Damn Megafyr, that terrain kicks ass.
I dont know how much i like those trees your using, but the houses on the hills in background are nice touch. I think it would look better if they where lookout towers tho.

Level 18
megafyr, your work is very nice.
The atmosphere is very good, but it needs an epic sun, or an epic touched sky to it.

The cliff idea is good, but you can see the texture of it to well, maybe more fog...

and HFR, your WIP is getting on nicley. The last thing you need to do is change those trees, or make them wider or something. Just change there model, its easier than replacing all the trees.

Level 10
I think its cool, but maybe it would look better if the area between that center piece and the walls around it where smaller, or just fill it in really well.
It could be fountain of life or sumthin...

Level 17
I think I'm out. not enough time to devote to this. Maybe I'll post what I'm working on in the terrain section when I'm done. Unless I can finish all my other work and work crazy hard on this.

@frostwhisper: not much to say since it's just tress with doodads placed around them. But the way you did the leaves is indeed cool. I'm sure you're gonna add some epic magically shit to it so it's all good,

@Megafyr: I don't really like the tile leading up to it. And for some reason I'm just not digging the head-on camera approach.

@HFR: The forest in the back still looks empty and derived of substance. And you have yet to put the snowy tress on the snowy floor. And the trees on the far left hill, the one at an almost completely vertical angle. appear to be floating.

@ArcticInferno: Looks promising. are you going to add some kind of city inside, or will it be more like a temple?

@Acvong: Liking the sun ray effect. But I'm sure you know that everything in back and middle could use some more detail.

@Keiji: Looks really good. Since it is your final I assume you wish for no more suggestions.

@Wolfhelm: Can't see yours, have you moved the image of where you got the location?

@Darkyvm: I like the look of it, but what is Walhalla? Is it like a spoof on Valhalla?

@~Void~: Have you added more rock stuff yet?

@H-Bomber: Please take one epic picture of your terrain. It looks interesting. but a little messy. Try cleaning it up and personalizing it a little.

@Just_Spectating: I like the way it's turning out. It's been awhile so I assume you have done a lot more to it. Like filled out the right side. And maybe change the Archmage to Neutral Hostile, the color kind of clashes for me. The light on the statue also looks a little odd.

@FriKy: How's the new pyramid coming?

@Belgareth: Not really liking those random rays of light. I don't want to suggest too heavily on it since it's been a while.

@CoBrA B: I'm not really sure what to suggest, as I'm not too experienced with underwater terrains.

@raid1000: Why is the inside of the temples so bright?

@Oziris: Right side could use some more details. And I don't really like the horizon/

@communist_orc: lol

@Ziggen: Gonna post a new W.I.P.?

Level 10
Yeah i did move the image location..
This is what i got so far, this is my final unfortunatly... there was more stuff i wanted to add/change but my WE crashed right after screenshot and i lost alot of progress so now im too mad to redo it all.
165125-albums1342-picture10521.png

Blue lighting and glows FTW!

Level 12
Yeah i did move the image location..
This is what i got so far, this is my final unfortunatly... there was more stuff i wanted to add/change but my WE crashed right after screenshot and i lost alot of progress so now im too mad to redo it all.
165125-albums1342-picture10521.png

Blue lighting and glows FTW!

Crashing sucks :/

That looks nice, the crystals and rocks. The foreground is kinda messy tho

Level 10
Messy ground? Isnt ground usualy messy, unless someone has cleared it up... its suppose to look harsh/rugged.

Thanks for comments tho ^^

Level 34
At least you're not too lazy to terrain at all. I tried, honest. I got about five minutes in before I went back to DoW2.

Level 11
@Darkyvm: I like the look of it, but what is Walhalla? Is it like a spoof on Valhalla?

They're the same thing, it can be spelled either Valhalla or Walhalla.
Everyone's submissions are looking good, having a hard time deciding which one is looking best atm.
Wolfhelm, the trees in the foreground look a bit weird, they look like they're growing on the rocks, the two kinds of ice floes look a bit weird too.
HFR, that is looking pretty good, but some of the trees don't fit, for example, the trees on the snow don't have snow on them.

Level 10
Ok so i started to redo my terrain from last save point but theres somthing wrong.. When i change the time of day the lighting stays the say, it always looks like its midnight. Also if i set time of day to "Not Fixed" the time never changes...

Level 10
Try to open the Previewer and them close it in the "Window" menu. It should work.

Also, I'l work on my terrain and maybe post a WIP here (probably my last).

Yeah that kinda worked but i can only switch between noon and midnight, this is so annoying..

Status
Not open for further replies.