• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #6 - Ancient Mythology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Fix your picture already Void, it looks awful.
Why didn't you save as PNG, like usual?

Level 34
PNG is better for terrain pictures. It's larger because it keeps the quality, while jpg lowers the quality to make the file size smaller. As frosty said, it all depends on your needs.

Level 17
lol, that's what I was thinking. Anybody can use either file as they so choose. If it takes longer to upload a PNG then that is a sacrifice you should be willing to make.

Level 36
The average PNG for a terrain is around 700kb... since I have an enormous screen resolution, it's about 1.2mb for me, but that still isn't all that bad. It takes about 10 seconds to upload. Worst comes to worst, you can go into photoshop and save it as a JPG of quality 12.

Level 36
This will most likely be my final >.>

Attachments

• Rivaan Ruin Summit Final.jpg
    Rivaan Ruin Summit Final.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 350
I might actually do something to mine but I have absolutely no idea WHAT. :D

mine are 2mb because my screen is fat and it's a TV. It's like
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS FAT

Level 11
Well, I don't know for sure, I based my terrain on this quote from wikipedia and this picture.

"In Norse mythology, Valhalla (from Old Norse Valhöll "hall of the slain") is a majestic, enormous hall located in Asgard, ruled over by the god Odin. Chosen by Odin, half of those that die in combat travel to Valhalla upon death, led by valkyries, while the other half go to the goddess Freyja's field Fólkvangr. In Valhalla, the dead join the masses of those who have died in combat known as Einherjar, as well as various legendary Germanic heroes and kings, as they prepare to aid Odin during the events of Ragnarök. Before the hall stands the golden tree Glasir, and the hall's ceiling is thatched with golden shields."

Walhalla_%281896%29_by_Max_Br%C3%BCckner.jpg

Level 10
This might be my final also.. not sure yet.

165125-albums1342-picture10316.png

My mythology is not very good but from what i understand there where "titans" in Norse mythology. After defeating the gods in a epic battle they where banished... to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.