• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #6 - Ancient Mythology

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
And got hit by another.

Attachments

• WIP2.PNG
    WIP2.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 190
Level 19
Okay, this will be my final unless I decide to change it. I have changed the sky and tha angle and the lightning.
Realistic? No, but it still looks cool. :D

Thor didn't like the people living there, and is just about to kill them all with his über lighning magicz.

Attachments

• WIP Norse Theme 5.png
    WIP Norse Theme 5.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 733

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I actually enjoyed it more when it was directly in front of the stronghold. Had a more epic feel to it.

Oh and Py, enchanted Bulgarian forests. You can try, but you can't figure them out.

EDIT: two new pics. with faggy Bulgarian Nymphs (known as Samodivs). Which is the better version, kids?

Attachments

• WIP3.PNG
    WIP3.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 138
  • WIP4.PNG
    WIP4.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Level 12
The fairies look too bright and distracting. It draws your attention towards the fairies, not the rest of the picture. Maybe lower their opacity?

I believe that's meant to be the focus, I mean the rest are just props of some sort to enhance the atmostphere of the fairies around the magic rock or its not so magic but its just a rock thing in the center

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Almost there!

Alright, my WIP, the last one, so, I still accept comments. xD.

And, just for lulz, my first WIP is here, say what you want about it.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_032709_201135_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_032709_201135_01.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Yggdrasil Fortress Last WIP.png
    Yggdrasil Fortress Last WIP.png
    741.6 KB · Views: 183
Level 12
Try the felwood pillars.

or the sunken ruin ones

I suggest you change the priest, or give him the RoC texture.

btw, the messed up carpets and all gave it the harem feel. Remembered that in diablo II, too. :p

And its also in the name, but I only noticed it now.

Level 10
That looks better. I swear there is floating carpet on left side of the path - maybe could at least fix that 1.

Level 15
I hate the sunken ruin tile, I would try to replace it with something else. Though I like the overall atmosphere.

Doesn't really matter which tiles you like or not, I chose the tile that fits my theme, and no other did. Sunken is not my favourite either but there was no other option that had the same feel to it to fit in a harem.

Level 15
Urgh, what's with the sharp cutoff on the lighting on the left?

It's comming through a doorway so it should be sharp, but I agree it's abit to sharp.

Harem is ancient mythology? Btw, it looks nice, GooS, but I guess it needs more women! :p

If making a terrain depicting Rome or Egypt is ancient mythology then why shouldn't it :) A good bet would be that Harems have existed long enough to qualify for ancient, neither Rome or Egypt in themselves qualify for "myths collectively; the body of stories associated with a culture.".

Mythology as I presumed meant by this competition are the old beliefs in Scandinavia, Greek, Rome, Egypt etc. With Zeus, Odin, Ra and I believe as much in them as I do in current religions, if someone seeks connection to a belief this could be seen as Islam heaven, in which 72 virgins await you.

Yes it would be better with more women but there aren't many models that are usefull for them in the purpose they would have in this terrain :(

Status
Not open for further replies.