• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Okay here's a newer WIP screenie made in World Editor.
I added a giant robot, explosions and so on.
I will add smaller minion robots later.
I also have the idea of making flying grenades etc.

Attachments

• Fallout_TC11_WIP03.jpg
    Fallout_TC11_WIP03.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 166
Level 31
no feedback on my 2nd WIP?

@ johannesr: Looks pretty cool, but I would like more shrubs etc.
And somehow the rock in the middle disturbs me somehow, but that's just my opinion maybe :D
Maybe you could add masses of mini worms, too?

@Blood Raven: The sky looks not good and all in all it looks like a massive spam of doodads :D
The trees also don't look to good out of this perspective ...

What do you think of my terrain?

Level 7
no feedback on my 2nd WIP?

You didnt ask for feedback. Be shore to ask for feedback next time.:wink:

Well . . . its pretty well made. Fogging is nice, doodad placement is mostly executed well, theme of the pic is good, kinda survival style.

What you could do more are maybe next things: Is it me or the the planet in backround and planet in left the same, cause they look same and that aint good IMO. When i look this picture i have the feeling, that it is quite empty, so you should add somekind of doodads.

Level 7
@ chilla_killa

Nice terrain, look cool and units election is good too.

IMO the rocks in backround may stay, but in that case, you need to add there somethings more. Atm most of your terrain is rocks and that makes the picture look little bit repetitive. Maybe add a litte lake with a waterfall behind it?. But if you going to decide to change backround, somekind destroyed city or a balnk land where the massive robot army comes wouldn't look bad at all IMO.

Level 5
I think I shall participate. May even make the player character a floating observer watching the battle take place? That would be more engaging than a flyover of the scorched field on which it happened days ago, amirite?

Level 11
hey,i found another idea about one person being wanted and marines finally found that person,so i am planning to build his house and a jungle and marines surrounding it,is this possible ?
if it isn't i will continue on my latest one

Level 11
using the purple fog like that...it looks like one side is purple and one side is not
you should make a side view camera and make the weather blank then use the purple fog and add in the clouds
EDIT:eek:h yeah,you didnt use UTM

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
no usage of UTM.
Just to be clear, this won't get you higher marks. Terraining is about making every aspect of your terrain look beautiful, and selecting the proper resources/tools to work with is a huge factor in the equation. This is optional however, and you are completely unrestrained in this matter. I just wanted to inform you is all.

Level 17
Just to be clear, this won't get you higher marks. Terraining is about making every aspect of your terrain look beautiful, and selecting the proper resources/tools to work with is a huge factor in the equation. This is optional however, and you are completely unrestrained in this matter. I just wanted to inform you is all.

I know, and I was merely stating it because I used blizzard trees etc.
But thanks for the huge comment XD

Level 12
Naro, except for the trees you've placed your terrain has completely no environment! Pay special attention to the shore area (both water and ground areas), the ravine below the bridge and the blighted area near the bridge.
Also why the hell are the skeletons lining up to fight the blademaster?! They might be dumb skeletons but the necromancer controlling them must have some idea about tactics!
I'm assuming you don't want your units to stand still and do nothing, so you should get thinking on the animations you want to apply.
Other than that I like the concept you have for the camera and I wish you the best of luck!
EDIT: After looking at your previous WiPs I must say this one looks much better and much more interesting than them.

Also tleno - thanks for the heads up! :) I'm going to replace the trees with non-blizz trees (except for the big one), and next time I'll remember to save in a better format. Do you guys have any more suggestions?

Level 17
Naro, except for the trees you've placed your terrain has completely no environment! Pay special attention to the shore area (both water and ground areas), the ravine below the bridge and the blighted area near the bridge.
Also why the hell are the skeletons lining up to fight the blademaster?! They might be dumb skeletons but the necromancer controlling them must have some idea about tactics!
I'm assuming you don't want your units to stand still and do nothing, so you should get thinking on the animations you want to apply.
Other than that I like the concept you have for the camera and I wish you the best of luck!
EDIT: After looking at your previous WiPs I must say this one looks much better and much more interesting than them.

Also tleno - thanks for the heads up! :) I'm going to replace the trees with non-blizz trees (except for the big one), and next time I'll remember to save in a better format. Do you guys have any more suggestions?

I know it's empty, it was merely a WIP. Furthermore, those skeletons are actualy watching their king fighting the Blademaster on the bridge. There are no necromancers involced.. (in fact, this idea came from the fight between Turrai Ossa or somehing and some undead king (guild wars)). But thanks for the feedback!

Level 31
Yeay I love T51b Power Armor, too :D
Here's a new WIP!
What do you say? Should I add blood on the ground?
Or a sparkle explosion on the robot?
Shall I replace the shrubs?

@Khaled, wtf you call this a WIP?
You just raised some hills, spammed some light effects and placed a T51b Unit in front and set camera on it.
A work of 5 minutes.
And yes, Fladdermasken is right, the near camera makes it blurry and looks ugly.

Attachments

• Fallout_TC11_WIP04.jpg
    Fallout_TC11_WIP04.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 128
Level 10
@Khaled, wtf you call this a WIP?
You just raised some hills, spammed some light effects and placed a T51b Unit in front and set camera on it.
A work of 5 minutes.
And yes, Fladdermasken is right, the near camera makes it blurry and looks ugly.[/QUOTE]

Now I hate myself for not being such awsome as you, you multitalented and important sir

Level 31
Now I hate myself for not being such awsome as you, you multitalented and important sir

I'm sorry Khaled, didn't want to insult you, but I just said what I thought.
If you keep on improving it, it will look good, just add more and change camera position.

@idodik: The green fogs are nuclear glowing objects.
The stones in the background are large stone structures, a kind of canyon.

Level 10
I'm sorry Khaled, didn't want to insult you, but I just said what I thought.
If you keep on improving it, it will look good, just add more and change camera position.

The ''wtf'' part sounded as trolling, sorry if I understood it wrong
I know this so called first wip sucks but I'm improving it as we speak, I already made major changes

Level 51
@idodik: The green fogs are nuclear glowing objects.
The stones in the background are large stone structures, a kind of canyon.

I suggest removing the stones in the background, as it gives you a feeling like the end of the world. I suggest making a wide fallout like desert in the back or something, but I just hate the stone-walls somehow :/

Status
Not open for further replies.