• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #13 - Fictional World Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
added some corpses
attachment.php

Attachments

• Fallast_Final Chaos Pit vII.png
    Fallast_Final Chaos Pit vII.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 264
Level 26
listen to Oziris. Participating in contests will really boost your experience + I am sure that your submission will be sooooo bad that people will make fun of you. In fact: they will encourage you, will give you suggestion, but also some critism for your terrain.

You can onnly win when you try to finish something for it :)

Level 36
You could work way more on that waterfall, that and do try to use more than one tree model, not to mention instead of having single scattered trees everywhere, rather have smaller chunks of tree's crammed together, or larger chunks but fewer... whatever floats your boat.

Level 2
another update
this time added a lot of corpse, another chaos thing and SIIIIINNNNNNNDRRRRIIIII at the right side
(only dawn of war player can get it)
attachment.php

edit: also for the body i use these models

Attachments

• Fallast_Final Chaos Pit vIV.png
    Fallast_Final Chaos Pit vIV.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 299
Level 13
I preferred the old lighting to be honest but whatever you think is best for you're terrain.

Level 36
Well i made some updates to my entry, how does it look?

That spire thing at the end of the alien crashed spaceship thing looks odd, the one that's angeled nearly the same angle as the spaceship itself, if I were you I'd rais the angle of it a tad, to make it seem like it flows better with the other spires.

That, and to me the foreground seems empty, at least the space in the middle. Now I have no problem with the fact that there is, or should be, anything of particulare interest in that area, but you can still add small little details that makes it interesting to look around the terrain to find, and especially at places where there seem to be nothing.

Apart from those two, I really like your terrain here, good job :)

Level 17
Thanks :L also how do you get shots so long is that ingame with oclusion of ? or ...

Side note with that i shall re-enter xP Thank god tomorrow is a friday

Level 7
Thanks :L also how do you get shots so long is that ingame with oclusion of ? or ...

For example, you can check first part of this tutorial: "Choosing a Camera Angle" to understand what each camera value does. This should help you with your questions. But for fast help: you must play with Field of View,Distance and Camera Clipping, when editing camera settings.

Reactions: HFR
Level 15
Just about 6:30 hours left guys. Get'er done.
Working for a living sucks. I really hope to get into one of these contests soon. One of those in which I can actually spend more than half a day on an entry unlike my last submission.

Btw - Terrain contest 14 suggestions

Level 2
i've had problem with my WE so i stop work on it
so here my final
attachment.php

Attachments

• Fallast-Final Chaos Pit VI.png
    Fallast-Final Chaos Pit VI.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 1,109
Last edited:
Level 17
Well
Terrainpic5.jpg

Feed back needed :L

Also any ideas how i can improve picture quallity :L?

Bitmap has less quallity ;L i only have bmp 256 24 16 and monochrome :L

Level 23
A research center, huh? Not exactly what Id expect from world wonder, but its originality that counts. Though the Aperture Science Enrichment Center is definetly a world wonder, so I guess this one is nto so different.

Level 23
The Last City
As the war engulfed the world, something terrible happened. The oceans evaporated, turning into clouds, blocking out the sun. The lifeless land was now dying. As the remains of the countries still tried to continue the war, an ancient Cult rose from the shadows, after thousands of years of waiting. They gathered up those who would follow them, and spoke of the cataclysm as of the punishment of the gods. They led the people into the gigantic salt mines, many kilometers under the world's crust, where they would create the last city, where they took the remains of the formerly lush plantlife. Now, this city is the only thing that remains of the old world and of humanity.
The Cult's intention is to change the people, so that when their "exile" into the bowels of the earth, sentatced by the gods, would end, a new, worthy humanity would rise from the depths to reclaim what is rightfully theirs.
In the middle of the cavern, on the main support column, the Temple was built - the heart of the city, the citadel of the Cult and the beacon of hope. Truly, the City and the Temple are the last wonder of the world.

160705-albums1970-picture50852.png

Level 23
Well, can't say I like it =/
Didnt quite turn up the way I wanted, plus the plans in the frontview I couldnt make too well, because right now, Im sleepy as hell and could barely make them.

However, this is my most-worked on terrain. And my first contest submission. Besides, I doubted Ill win anything from the beginning, I just joined for the heck of it, so now Im happy its over and waiting for the people's opinions.

Oh and house spam was in order to give it a bit of dystopian feel. Something parks and golf valleys dont quite endorce =P

Level 17
Well if you look at it closely the houes on the right looks quite nice and the spam goes fine . But when you look at it fully as macro instead of micro yes it does look a bit off :L

BUt nvm still 90 mins till the end of the contest :L

Also i don't know why but i get the feeling of emptiness :L

I think it has something to do with the side details being generally at the side and the lighting of the picture in the center drawing the onlookers focus to the middle yet to see not as much detail as there is around the center. It would be nice if there was more detail nearing the center instead of the sides as the Center is the main ideology of the picture.

But in general terms its still a very good terrain 4.9/5 xP

(just kidding its more of a 5/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.