• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #13 - Fictional World Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
So i did find some motivation to work on it after all. This will probably be final.

Attachments

• johannesrTC13.jpg
    johannesrTC13.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 210
Level 27
thinking about quitting the contest after seeing those entries Q_Q

Kinda feel the same way...

Don't give up guys, if you'll won't give up you will still have the larger chances of wining... I mean, I didn't gave up for the Battlefields terraining contest, right? And altrough I didn't end up in the top 3, but that's because I didn't want to keep immproving my terrain... if I would, I would most certainly win.

Level 13
Sky 2 is far better looking to me but is the falling white dots made to be snow or something?

Level 13
Think this might be my final unless someone or I spot a massive mistake.

Also I believe the wizard living in the Citadel would be pleased with this terrain.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_082111_171707_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_082111_171707_01.png
    627.4 KB · Views: 129

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Everything looks peachy except for the clouds, they're stretched, they're achromatic, and you can clearly tell that the model is a globe. So, put plainly, scale them up quite a bit to cover for the globe-shape, add some color (preferably orange or light blue), and rotate them to avoid highlighting of stretched textures.

- Keep it up, the angle is actually quite badass.
yep, im definitely out of this contest. cant stand a chance against those :/
Sure it's been said before, but "who cares?" - enter for the hell of it, you can still be pleased with your entry even if you don't win.

Level 11
some nice entries lately,
well..i think im joining too,if i can finish the terrain in time that is
heres a wip:D,it's far from finished
Fictional world wonder.png

oh and...can anyone tell me how the hell can i use the moon from this model

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Unless people would disagree I won't be too much of a nazi about the deadline.

1 or 2 days extra wouldn't really matter as far as I'm concerned.
some nice entries lately,
well..i think im joining too,if i can finish the terrain in time that is
heres a wip:D,it's far from finished
Looking good thus far, glad to see more great entries rolling in.
oh and...can anyone tell me how the hell can i use the moon from this model
Appears the moon is an alternate animation or something, perhaps you can rig the model to only play the alternate.

I don't really know anything about modeling, but I'm sure some of the chat frequenters could help you out with this predicament.

Level 11
yeap flad's right,it's the sky from the campaign screen with rexxar,and its tilted a little bit to hide the models cloud animation(you can find it under "game interface" when you change the art-model),but i changed the sky,it didnt really fit,

@flad:puprle clouds??

Level 11
wip updatee!!!
WC3ScrnShot_082311_200257_02.png
i dont know if i'll be able to finish it (thx flad for changing the deadline),cuz i have some work one week,probably i'll get some spare time during this weekend,but if i dont consider this my entry:D
but i'll like to hear some feedback

Level 2
It's based of the chaos thing in the game Fire warrior (when the gouvernor betray the space marine a temple of chaos suddenly spawn from nowhere)

Level 13
Ok so I listened to Fladdermasken and tried my best to make it look better. I changed around the clouds and removed small annoying tid bits. I also did try to change the colors around to something else but none of it I liked so I just kept with the normal white.

@Fladdermasken - Question, can I post the final any where else like on my Terrain Gallery in a different Wc3 Forum?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_082411_232116_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_082411_232116_01.png
    610.2 KB · Views: 1,809
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.