• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #13 - Fictional World Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i think this is my final:
sacredtemple.jpg

Enjoy ;)

Level 16
Well, i think this is my final:
Enjoy ;)

The south part of the picture needs a kind of "spike" to stylize the rock structure, and of course, the little rocks need also a fix, maybe with diferent sizes, you can solve that bug of superposition. And it would be amazing if you make the castle in the background bigger (Another floor).

But at the moment, it looks in the right way :ogre_hurrhurr:

Only a couple of advices, if you want, forget it. :goblin_good_job:

Attachments

• sacredtemple2.JPG
    sacredtemple2.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 91
Level 23
Time for my first WIP!
160705-albums1970-picture50042.png
Okay, so this is very early WIP, I am yet to add the city itself, as well as any vegetation, and haven't yet finished the cliffs, not to mention that I need to finish the lighting of the temple in the middle.

Level 17
Sigh, im losing motivation to work on my terrain. My WE is messed up, i can't tint the Star White doodad, it only appears as yellow and there's still the transparent ground bug i showed before and it keeps crashing every fucking time i do something with the cloudspheres. Also the terrain isn't working out as i'd hoped :/

Last edited:
Level 16
I don't like the blue tiles where the big capital is. I suggest you change it. And also the floating fountain to the right looks like it's floating for itself, try attaching it better.
Oh and the sky, you can see clearly that it is a box. I suggest you put fogged sky, add some clouds, and some epic light coming out.

Ok, Thinking on it...

Shamans' Fortress!!

Edit: Changed the sky, the fog, and part of the tiles, and thinking on what to do with the clouds :S

Attachments

• Pff.JPG
    Pff.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Terrain Contest Semi-Final 2.JPG
    Terrain Contest Semi-Final 2.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Level 23
Shit. Feels like Im screwed. And my first association is Aperture Science, but, its surely wrong, as I just have Aperture Science in my head.

Also, the rules say that the final image needs to be done ingame. Do I have to make it ingame, or can I make the screen in the WE?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Also, the rules say that the final image needs to be done ingame. Do I have to make it ingame, or can I make the screen in the WE?
That rule was default from the template, I didn't pay much attention to it. Perhaps I should rephrase it.

So yes, of course you are allowed to take the screenshot in the world editor, in fact I think most terrainers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.