1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terraining Contest #13 - Fictional World Wonder

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by fladdermasken, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fictional World Wonder
    Feats of extraordinary engineering or aesthetic skill; participants are to design a fictional structure that is quite literally wondrous to behold

[​IMG]
    • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
    • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
    • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
      • A screenshot showing your submission in action.
      • The file in the appropriate format.
    • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
    • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
    • Judges may not participate.
    • Teamwork is not allowed.
    • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited and be "approved" by the contest host.
    • Map may consist of any resource as long a it is public.
    • Unless a used resource belongs to either hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns, a link to the used resources must be provided.
    • No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain (however you may use them to crop).

[​IMG]

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
    • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
    • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

[​IMG]
    • M0rbid
    • Chaos.
    [​IMG]
    Creativity Measurement of displayed creativity in terms of execution and/or concept (theme). /15
    Detail Measurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder. /15
    Technique Measurement of executional quality, techniques, tricks and overall terraining capacity. /15
    Aesthetic Overall quality of the terrain in terms of appearance. /20
    • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
    [​IMG]
    • The contest shall begin on Friday, 22nd July and conclude on Friday, 2nd September, GMT

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Excellent theme! =D

Can't wait to see the submissions. Sadly, too lazy myself. Or else I would have made R'lyeh. That counts for fictional! Or so you may want to believe, bwuahahaha!

Anyhow, good luck to the contestants, I hope your works will be mindblowing!

3. Ahimtar

Ahimtar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    so, is it important to create an epic building, or it can be maybe a regular warcraft model when greatly fitting in the hardly created scene?

4. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You could make it. But what will get higher votes, a terrain with a well-made building and surroundings, or a terrain with good surroundings and a regular model for a wonder?

5. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for approving, Pyritie.

(copy from the submission thread)

] [highlight]Issuing this clearly right now as I fear I may have been vague on this particular aspect[/highlight] [
    The theme is to portray a scenery in which a fictional world wonder is demonstrated (preferably highlighted).
    There are no restrictions on how this scenery or structure is to be portrayed, the only restriction is that it has to include a structure of extraordinary engineering and/or aestethic feats.

[highlight]The structure has to be architectural, not a feat of nature[/highlight].

Put differently, you are free to portray the theme however you so please as long as it doesn't violate the rules. Naturally, a designed or constructed structure will score higher on detail, technique and creativity. So even though the rules doesn't dictate that you should construct one, it sort of is implied.
    I also urge people to work out their own concept and not bluntly copy concept art or any other related artforms under the same category.
    If you want to portray a structure of mythical significence, say Atlantis for instance, I urge you to demonstrate your own interpretation.

You are obviously not obligated to conform, but I think it would make this whole experience more worthwile.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  6. Chaos.

Chaos.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will try my best to get an entry in for this. (hopefully something better than my last submission). However I've beem pretty busy lately, so we'll see. If I can't then I will judge.

I hope that I can get my internet working so that I can post some wips. I can only send this message because my phone has internet.

7. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If I find time, I may join this contest...
    QUESTION: Is the building external or internal?

8. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    *External* in case you're refering to exterior/interior. If you're refering to whether the structure is to be portrayed in an open enviroment or a closed space, that's completely optional.

9. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Got it... I'm joining...

10. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Woohoo, great idea! I'll think about joining this one.

11. Hevenblood

Hevenblood

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm. its been a while since ive been on the hive, but that dosent stop me from joining
    im in

12. Xezko

Xezko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i'm in :)
    edit: sorry, im not used to terraining contests, so may i ask: are we able to use UTM?

13. Ketsuno Anson

Ketsuno Anson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Morbid should join this,will be epic

14. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let morbid decide for himself if he wants to join. It would be epic though :ogre_datass::ogre_datass::ogre_datass::ogre_datass::ogre_datass::ogre_datass::ogre_datass::ogre_datass:

15. Ketsuno Anson

Ketsuno Anson

Resources:
    Resources:
    That was why I included the word *Should*

16. Ahimtar

Ahimtar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i like the theme and has a nice idea in head, so maybe ill try to join, but i guess its gonna be last place anyway
    me + terraining = :vw_death:

17. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ~:The rules stateth:~
    Implies that you are indeed allowed to base your map off UTM. You are also allowed to import whatever resources you seem fit, provided you include a link and proper credits if they aren't from hiveworkshop or wc3 campaigns.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  18. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks epic. Im in @Ahimtar looks like we are in competition then for last place> good luck to you

19. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Probably I will lose that competition, but let's try! :D

20. Ketsuno Anson

Ketsuno Anson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't doubt yourself,give it your all in this contest and actually try to win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.