• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #13 - Fictional World Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
My idea (Wip)
Information
Picture

8-mariosehri.jpg

Level 23
Xezko, nice idea, but perhaps you should make it kind of like the temples of Petra:
8_al-dayr.jpg

I mean, you could put cliff above the castle as well, add some columns and change perspective, getting an amazing caslte built-in the cliff.

Level 17
kk tyx for the advice i raised the legs and increased size and lowered down the shoulders here is what he looks like now :p

INfernal20.jpg
Infernal201.jpg

@Kays looks good apart from the wierd 3 walls at the bottom right. o.o No idea what they are for and a corner would look nicer. Maybe add some people looking out or some lighting as well. ^^

Also the bridge of to the dark places looks a bit odd and empty maybe a filler or something could be added--"(The 2nd bridge is going into walls ....")

Thanks!! :D

Something more concrete... :vw_sleep:
OMG this is so awesome idea and work! When the poll comes up, im voting for you immidietly! GJ!
thats happening when someone is working with the mighty alpha tile xD
Put a backgroud (sky) and it will be GODLIKE!
maybe you should put infinite waterfalls or something...

Level 16
@Kays looks good apart from the wierd 3 walls at the bottom right. o.o No idea what they are for and a corner would look nicer. Maybe add some people looking out or some lighting as well. ^^

Also the bridge of to the dark places looks a bit odd and empty maybe a filler or something could be added--"(The 2nd bridge is going into walls ....")

Oh! Thanks :D.. The reason of that strange walls, is because of the great puzzle that supose the bridge (The pieces :p).

OMG this is so awesome idea and work! When the poll comes up, im voting for you immidietly! GJ!
thats happening when someone is working with the mighty alpha tile xD
Put a backgroud (sky) and it will be GODLIKE!
maybe you should put infinite waterfalls or something...

I'll put the fog and the sky at the same time, and the last effect, to make that wonder ; )

Alpha tile Rules!!

Mmm... Me marmalade :) Don't worry bro! If you can solve one of the hardest puzzles in the world (My other entry :S) You'll get a good result in this contest :D

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Edit: Last Wip (The next will be the alfa :| )
2aezdhj.jpg
thats nice, but remove these pillars under the castle... let it fly, it would be better. Also a dark backgroud and some elnarged "smoke smudge" will make it shine :)

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
What is it that people could possibly misinterpret? The theme is clear as day.

Participants are to design a fictional structure that is [highlight]quite literally wondrous to behold.[/code]
For anyone still in doubt about the theme, that's the key aspect to it.

Level 16
thats nice, but remove these pillars under the castle... let it fly, it would be better. Also a dark backgroud and some elnarged "smoke smudge" will make it shine :)

:vw_love: :fp: Mmm... Ok, fly wonder, fly!

I've proposed a challenge to myself: "Use only one imported resource"
Don't worry, I love danger :ogre_datass:

I have a question about the submission of resources to the hive: Can I put a kind of "Advertisement" of the hive in my work? I mean to put a cartel like This one :).

Last edited:
Level 7
I'll join, been a long time since I played around with terraining. I'll just see what I can make out of the doodads in the UTM...

EDIT: Can anyone list out some SHINY SHINY doodads for me? I'm trying to look for crystals, glows, lights...well as long as its SHINY :)

The only thing in UTM that I use for shinies is glow/fog doodads atm, i feel like changing to something else to add variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.