• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #13 - Fictional World Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I Hope you guys don't mind if I join in on this.......

As a judge.. Hurr durr.

I kid.. I kid!

Attachments

• Fictional wonder of wonderfully wonderous things.png
    Fictional wonder of wonderfully wonderous things.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 754
Level 13
Ok got back from my vacation and redid my whole terrain and I really like this version.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_081311_173953_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_081311_173953_01.png
    333.7 KB · Views: 172
Level 3
My attempt here, fyi it's suppose to be the dam :p

Not sure if I'll submit it or not, feel outclassed by these fancy skins around O.O

Edit: Bleh I would of made it clickable/insta viewable. Would only show the X for w.e reason though.

Attachments

• Wip dam.jpg
    Wip dam.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 133
Level 17
It's a bit hard with like 5 different things moving around :/

Add a pause command. So thatyou can set up all the units in game before going to the camera. So u could do like -cam for the camera
-pause unpause

The pause and unpause should not Unit pause selected unit

but instead Set unit Animspeed to 0 for selected unit. As to keep it in mid animation. Although this does not keep projectiles i dont think

Level 17
Add a pause command. So thatyou can set up all the units in game before going to the camera. So u could do like -cam for the camera
-pause unpause

The pause and unpause should not Unit pause selected unit

but instead Set unit Animspeed to 0 for selected unit. As to keep it in mid animation. Although this does not keep projectiles i dont think

He said in the World Editor, not in the game.
:3

Level 15
Flad, Why on earth do you not have noise and blizz cliffs in there?

-Floating doodads
-No sky
-No fog
-No lighting
-No tile variation
-Abused particles
-Horrible doodad placement
-Bad choice of models

Bloody Briliant! Blizz cliffs and noise would have made this perfect. (Crap, I forget how to add sarcasm tags)

My guess is that you are basing your concept on the other definition of "wonder" - To think or speculate curiously. Your goal is to cause the public to look at your picture with confusion and cause them to "wonder" what in the "world" you were thinking. It's either that or you have completly lost all signs of sanity.

Regardless, unless I can miraculously find the time to start an entry, I will probably sign up to judge this.

Those cliffs look kinda weird and unrealistic, you should consider using the raise tool instead of cliffs...
Thanks... Fixed already...

MADAWC said:
eubz, the sky looks so dull, plain and generic.
Trying read this it may help you -> How to terrain skies
I might edit the terrain, but using the cloud models uses the UTM so I need to use the Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0.w3x map for my terrain. I think it needs a lot of work because I will be creating the terrain again from the start then transferring the building to that map. Maybe if I could find time I will edit it.

Last edited:
Level 27
I think I am done with my terrain... This will be my final submission... If there are additional things I might put here before the deadline, I'm going to edit this again, gut if none, this will be my entry...
attachment.php

If you're thinking what to immprove, you shjould consider:
1. Adding more tile variations.
2. Making some cliffs and hills look less spiky.
3. Add more details to the building.
4. Adding more and more realistic trees.

If you're thinking what to immprove, you shjould consider:
1. Adding more tile variations.
2. Making some cliffs and hills look less spiky.
3. Add more details to the building.
4. Adding more and more realistic trees.

I will edit the map but with slight modifications. Maybe with what you have said... thanks to you and Madawc for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.