• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #12 - Horror/Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
the%20hive%20workshop.png

terraining.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
2.png

silent+hill+butcher+shop.jpg

Horror/Nightmare
Create a terrain that gives the chilling horror feel of a nightmare or is just pure horror in itself.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any terrain does not fit, a moderator or the host will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission in form of a screenshot must be posted before the deadline.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours. Also you are adviced to keep the original map until the contest is over.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Map may consist of any resource as long a it is public and not ripped or stolen
  • Unless a used resource belongs to either hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns, a link to the used resources must be provided.
  • No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain previews (however cropping is allowed).
prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• Azurot
  • fladdermasken
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Creativity
The creativity displayed in your terrain./15

Detail
The detail of the terrain. Impurities in the detail are rough edges, floating trees etc./15

Technique
How advanced are the techniques and tricks you have used, and how well have you executed them?/15

Theme
How well is the theme used in your terrain?/15
  • 70% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on Monday, 14th March and conclude on Monday, 11th April, GMT

Last edited:

sPy

sPy

Level 21

It's the contestants task to create a terrain that creates in any way the feel of a battlefield during or after a battle. Additionally a battlefield before the battle can be shown, because this is covered by while battle, since the lineup of the parties is a part of the battle itself.
The theme is Horror/Nightmare, but why this?:D ^ (look at the quoted)

You are allowed to use triggers for animation purposes (showing animation of units) and therefore take a screenshot ingame, however every other Trigger use will disqualify your entry. This does not go for the necessary camera and weather effect triggers aswell as teamcolour triggers that are needed to gain the possibilites of a WE shot for an ingame shot
What if we want to rise unit (for example vampire) and play some animation, 2 ways:
-Edit model (change animation to death and place it into WE in form of a destructible, set hp to 0 and rise it).
-Using triggers :D

Well that's only 1 example :)

What's with transparency, special effects, and so on :)
Should we remove triggers or allow all, after all, are they really big problem?

Sorry for posting this here, I just wonder?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Meh, disappointment...

Ah well, if a great idea pop's to mind, I'll see if I can't dish up something.
This sums up my thoughts on this as well. And mark my words, at least half of the users who voted in the theme poll won't enter this contest.

Bah, it's unnecessary to cause any pointless drama, so I won't furtherly address that matter.
I'm most likely joining anyways.

Sort of sucks that I just finished a horror-ish terrain though... >.>

Level 8
Meh, disappointment...

Ah well, if a great idea pop's to mind, I'll see if I can't dish up something.

^^ That was my initial thought aswell, but while brainstorming I realised that this theme can be quite epic. I'm thinking surreal dark nightmares, foggy night terrains and gothic mansions. I'm not a superb terrainer and may choose the easy way out, but I've already picked a handfull of great concepts. The thing that threw me off is the pic in the first post. It should be an example terrain, not an ugly picture, so here you go:

37609.jpg

Level 23
Well first I too thought that the theme is lame, but then I thought... and understood that I can make... Cthulhu terrain. What can be more horrible then the Dark One rising?! Except My Little Ponie overtaking the world of course >>

So Im in! =D
Hopefully I wont suck too much.

Level 16
My entry is gona be a part of an abandoned factory claimed by some cultists/zombies. Well I'm kinda new at terraining contest and the dark themed terrain isn't my biggest asset but I try to do my best ~.~ A part of the ground is already one, still seeking for the optimal models but it's hard to find with this lacking number of good models.
Well... this is how it looks like now, tryed to find a good camera location.
2e376vo.jpg

As I see it's a bit too dark now ~.~

Status
Not open for further replies.