• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #12 - Horror/Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
So, here's my WIP.

TC12wip.jpg

Level 36
why do everyone sends the wip in PNG format??? there isn't much difference between the quality of a JPG or a PNG

The answer to that question can be found in your very own explanation of what the difference is. The point is that there IS a difference, no matter how slight that difference is, it still applies that an artist wants his/her terrain to be portrayed in the best way possible, and if that is not the case; It should be.

Level 18
.png has much better quality than .jpg, there is also .tif which is the "best"format but image can take up to lots and lots Mb of space.

Also you cannot compress .png while you can compress .jpg to true color (RGB)
Also .png supports alpha channel (transparent)

Edit:

Your Picture kinda looks a bit like the thing of Saw.. lol

Also, here is an Updated version of my WIP

152860-albums4000-picture44201.jpg

Last edited:
Level 36
Nah i doubt it, i'm considering not bothering to enter...
Yours is pure win. 6/5.

Great job in using the tentacles thing, i really didn't think that's what they would be.

Honestly, no offense to Garshilan, but I think your current WIP looks way better than his, Garshilan's terrain looks messy to my eyes, and the second WIP took away the scary factor from the first one by a fuck-load. I do not doubt that Garshilan will do a great entry, when it gets done, but per right now, I honestly dont think it looks too good, and the way you went with the first WIP is the way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, I am currently working on an entry to this contest, wether I join or not is yet to be decided though.

Level 18
Honestly, no offense to Garshilan, but I think your current WIP looks way better than his, Garshilan's terrain looks messy to my eyes, and the second WIP took away the scary factor from the first one by a fuck-load. I do not doubt that Garshilan will do a great entry, when it gets done, but per right now, I honestly dont think it looks too good, and the way you went with the first WIP is the way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, I am currently working on an entry to this contest, wether I join or not is yet to be decided though.

Nipah~ <3

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Gee xDeathKnightx, you're so precious I might just rip out my intestines and strangle myself with them :D (?)

Suppose there's no real point in the rest of us entering the contest then.
(Also i am wondering. Does seeing my signature all the time make people go crazy?)
No. I find it soothing.

Somewhat of a wip View attachment 99664 (Yes, i know that it's horrible)
Definitely not horrible.
Has potential.

You do however need to work on the light/shadow dynamics. As Keiji stated, it lost a 'fuckload' of horror appeal in comparison to your first WIP.
I'm also hoping you find something interesting to fill the foreground with.

Last edited:
Level 12
A very early wip from me. If it seems a bit dark, don't worry, I have yet to add in the lighting.

Attachments

• HorrorWip1.png
    HorrorWip1.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: Rui
Level 13
Not a huge fan of the normal rock Cobra but the rocks made out of ice I believe are Fing amazing.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Meaning that if you consider a WIP, that's roughly 20% done by my estimation, the best thing you've ever seen, then one of these characteristics has to apply to you:
  • Ignorant
  • Exaggeratedly Nice
  • A Brown Noser
In either one of the cases, 'precious' is an acceptable adjective (sarcrasm or no sarcasm)
And yes, I have no doubt Garshilan will do a good job, but it's not like it's looking legendary at this particular moment.
As to why it doesn't look legendary is because he isn't done yet, not by a long shot.

And that part about my intestines was was merely a tribute to Sheogorath in Oblivion IV: The Shivering Isles

Level 18
And that part about my intestines was was merely a tribute to Sheogorath in Oblivion IV: The Shivering Isles

Lol.

And No, i just think it looks really good, considering i love terrain, and art and all that stuff, i thought it looks good, and when it looks "100%" done, then i'm sure it will be unbeaten, that doesn't make me a brown nose, ignorant or Exaggeratedly Nice.

Anyway: Latest WIP Maybe more big changes, not sure yet.
152860-albums4000-picture44222.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.