• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #12 - Horror/Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ye it should have more light. Dont get me worng, dark is good, but you need to have darkness in wich you can see something also.

EDIT:
Gona post my WIP now also.
Its typical haunted house picture, but i try to make it as special as i can from others of this kind of pictures.
Will you enter.jpg

Name of the picture is "Will you enter?"

Comments, critisism is welcome.

@Marshal2000, i like the idea and how you maked the greed fog, but you should add something more spooky.
@Olorin, This will be very nice if you add black sky with full moon and some tinted gray clouds. Also you should add some dead trees and abandoned fountain somewhere there and it will be nice if you add black - greeny fog and there to be only the silhouette of the house. dont forget the add some bats and ravens flying. :)
@Sir Elendor, Wtf, this is spooky... i like the first one more. i dont see what more should be added. However, it's very nice.

Level 18
Level 6
Well i dont have much experience at terraining, also this is the first thing that i would participate in since i joined the site, but i have a vision and now only to execute it.

Here's a concept i quickly wrapped up.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm going to try and make a terrain ;)
I was going to go with a sort of monsters and whatnot but turned away from that and I'm going for a more of graveyard/ghost approach, but of course I need a place for this graveyard to be so heres my framework. I think making it scary is the hardest part, because there is defiantly a line between scary and just gross; the main reason I felt that the monster dungeon approach was a bad idea is because it is usually just disturbing instead of frightening. I can't wait to see what other peoples ideas are!

Attachments

• WIP.png
    WIP.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 250
Level 14
Oh noes! Something unique and quite possibly unrelated to the theme at hand.

But hey, it's ominous and conveys the sense of a nightmare. Right?

Count it as my first WIP attempt.

Attachments

• It's ominous, comon' guys!.jpg
    It's ominous, comon' guys!.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 223
Level 16
Final

And yes, something was missing ^^.

ws1t3p.png

Ceiling Rays and Window Rays by Tranquil
Ashenvale Wall, Ashenvale Wall 3 and Ashenvale Pillar by hortaxman
Ashenvale Structures Stone, Ashenvale Structures Stone 2 and Ashenvale Structures Stone 3 by -=Emergenzy=-
Dragon Shrine by Sellenisko
Crates by Debode
Gondolian Roof by Fingolfin

Last edited:
Level 18
Umh... Just that the i havent worked on the middle part of the face. That's why it looks strange -Oh, now i see what you meant with the owl's face. :D
Also it's very much based on the skeletal fossil i made for the picture contest

And i mentioned that it was an early wip! Nipah~

Level 18
I have made two WIP ideas, i don't know which one to go with, Criticism is welcomed.

152860-albums4000-picture44126.jpg

152860-albums4000-picture44170.jpg

It took about 3 hours each to do them, total of six hours, obviously they are rushed.

The First one: This idea came from a Childs Nightmare.

The Second one: I kinda got this from, Urboros from Resident Evil 5.

Last edited:
I don't like the black tentacles, they kind of ruin it. =/ Try making the atmosphere more darker and scarier and also I'd go for the second one. The first one is too simple and can't have the epic feeling in it while the second one can pull it out.

And also here is the landscape of mine terrain. ^.^

Attachments

• TC12 landscape.JPG
    TC12 landscape.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 194
Level 18
Alright then, it's settled :D. Thanks guys, +Rep for the directions!

And the Nightmare in the first one, is that a child, has a nightmare of his mother hanging like that.
Excuse me for that tho, that's kinda like a nightmare i once had, i find it mentally scary.

Sorry for the double post, this is just so people actually see the question.
Can we use custom Sky?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.