• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #12 - Horror/Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
And even if you have to be judge, i hope you still finish the picture, cause it seems promising.

Seems like this is gona be thight contest, so much good entrys. Keep it going!

Edit: Gona put my WIP's up here also. I have so many ideas, so i dont know wich one to pick, so atm im working on 3 pictures.

Modern horror.jpg Will you enter.jpg Mirror image.jpg

Wich one is the best?

Level 18
And even if you have to be judge, i hope you still finish the picture, cause it seems promising.

Edit: Gona put my WIP's up here also. I have so many ideas, so i dont know wich one to pick, so atm im working on 3 pictures.

View attachment 99902 View attachment 99903 View attachment 99904

Wich one is the best?

Wow, how did you make that mirror??!

Joke, the two with mirrors are really cool, and very original Idea.
The other one is really good, but the Bright Red Room inside the doorway, looks a bit out of place.

Level 7
@ Kobas
Not ment to be an vampire actually(Ment to be old weirdo mage). Thx for comment.

@xDeathKnightx
Thx for comment. By "Bright Red Room" do you mean picture 3 or 2, cause they both have a red doorway. For 2. picture i think it fits, cause it brings out horroble things what have been done in the house. For 3. yea it is little bit too red, need to think how to make it less.

Level 2

View attachment 99902 View attachment 99903 View attachment 99904

Wich one is the best?

I really like the idea of the mirrors.
Perhaps you could make it so that one of them is trapped inside the mirror and an evil version is outside, in the real world. That'd scare me, anyway

Good luck everyone!

Wich one is the best?
i think the Manor is the best, but you sould add more things...
As i said, add more dead trees, make sometihng like a little forest of dead trees. Also, you sould add a ruined fountain or a graveyard with 1-2 gallows in the backyard. Add some bats and a dark cludy sky with a full moon or something like that. :) Keep up the good work
EDIT: oh, i didn't saw there already is a graveyard :)

Level 7
@ Plurkie

Thx for comment. Your idea is pretty good, i might actually do that if i find it possible and better.

@ Blood Raven
Yea there is an graveyard(but its overgrown by grass). Moon and sky i will do in future for sure, i just havent dl'ed moon model yet. There are some bats flying, but i think i need to make them bigger. Gallow and fountain, i will check if those look good, but i cant over do with trees, cause then it would hide some of aspects what i have in picture.

Hmm some people like haunted house, others mirror. Need to finish then and see which looks best then.

Level 18
@xDeathKnightx
Thx for comment. By "Bright Red Room" do you mean picture 3 or 2, cause they both have a red doorway. For 2. picture i think it fits, cause it brings out horroble things what have been done in the house. For 3. yea it is little bit too red, need to think how to make it less.

I did mean the Second picture, the doorway seems to bright red, but i mean, if you think it fits the picture then go with that :), don't let me put you off.

Level 11
i hope you join flad,really want to see with what you come up

@Keiji:your ideas never seize to amaze me

alas,i think ill join too
delirium.png
any suggestion/cc would help me very much

oh,and to who am i suppose to send the link with the models that are not from the hive or wc3..should i post it here or..??

Level 18
alas,i think ill join too
any suggestion/cc would help me very much

oh,and to who am i suppose to send the link with the models that are not from the hive or wc3..should i post it here or..??

Wow, that picture looks awesome... I don't really know what else you could add to it, other than some kind of monster... but yes, that is a good entry.

And those models are amazing too.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
You didnt failed it, its just not for this contest, but be sure you end this picture, cause it looks kinda cool.
I must disagree.
Not on the fact that it looks kind of cool though, I very much agree to that.

Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas is a perfect example of a horror/comedy spin off.
I'm not M0rbid so I won't speak for him, however I'm quite sure he wouldn't reject it.

Dang! My little project failed miserably.. I'll post the WIP for laughs, but I think I'll have to start a more serious concept..
And as stated above, this doesn't fail really.
Sure there are some quirks you could work at, but you've set a nifty foundation for yourself to build upon.

I especially like what you've done with the glacier doodad, that's mighty creative, champ.

Level 8
Aww, thanks y'all! =)

I'll try to finish this one.. but I can't really find a satisfying way to improve this.. Tips are appreciated here. I think I should somehow improve the lighting around those pumpkins and fix the gate doodad. The concept kinda limits my other options to adding vines, few dead trees and fog. I'm not too happy about the tile-set, and could maybe skin it..

186080-albums3726-picture44436.jpg

Level 3
I might try to join this too i have somehow a concept...it will be much altered

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_032411_104948.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_032411_104948.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 223
Level 4
Aww, thanks y'all! =)

I'll try to finish this one.. but I can't really find a satisfying way to improve this.. Tips are appreciated here. I think I should somehow improve the lighting around those pumpkins and fix the gate doodad. The concept kinda limits my other options to adding vines, few dead trees and fog. I'm not too happy about the tile-set, and could maybe skin it..

186080-albums3726-picture44436.jpg

First thing you should change is the cliff on the right.. Add some stones or something, it looks littl bit.. I dont know, it just dont looks cool :D
And mabye make the pumpkins look littl bit more scary, cause the pumpkin on the right bottom looks like a smiling chinese xD

Status
Not open for further replies.