• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm weak with the animations so please bear with me, however I do think this is an improvement compared to my previous WiP. Can anyone help me with setting animation?
155610-albums2284-picture39247.png

Level 11
no man,Khaled,he isn't insulting you,he isn't saying that the terrain is suckish or whatever
he is just saying,you made it in 5 mins,so it doesn't really counts as a wip,you should spent about 1hr+ on it and post it here then it will be counted as a wip,because that wip is too early too be called a wip,i can do that in 2 mins time,no kidding

off-topic : why do you guys call something a WiP ?

Level 6
Any comment on mine? anyway, I really like all of the other entries. They all look good. I would comment myself, but I have a lot of studding to do. Good luck everyone!

Edit:
Got some time to write a review for some of the terrains.
Chilla killa-
I don't really know what to say. It looks really good, but something bothers me a little bit about the terrain. I really can't put my finger on it. It might be the background. It looks like a rock cliff, but I am not very sure.
It looks really good, I like the idea.
Good Luck!

Idodik-
It looks really good. I like it, but I think that the night elfs needs some more melee units to fight the orcs. Don't you think? Well, that is just my opinion.
Anyway, it looks really good , I like the idea, and the terrain looks good as well.

Edit 2:

Wip 3!!! Comments, and criticism are welcome!
View attachment 94306
I still need some ideas.

Last edited:
Level 12
Heavenblood, I love your terrain :D It looks so fitting to have Treants in it! Perhaps you could do Treants against Creeps - that would be awesome :)
Also thanks for the criticism, I can't find Night Elf melee units but I'll do my best to search again.

Error_Trigger - you've got some nice unit anims there but I'm afraid the terrain isn't interesting enough: a battlefield must be more interesting than a flat field of grass!
Also it looks like you just spammed away with your units and didn't have much of an idea what your were doing yourself.. Sorry if it's harsh but I'd like to see the contrast between the two parties better.
Again, great anims, but I'm afraid the rest needs to be improved.

The_Olorin, holy shit your terrain is awesome :O But I can't see the impact of the battle on the environment! Also your people seem to be HUGE compared to the terrain, I'd shrink them a bit, and the musclary units don't make clear who do they belong to.
Again, great terrain, awesome background.

Level 11
since i am asking fladdermasken why the aphla tile won't work,i will work on my terain while waiting

guys i know what WIP means,but you have common sense right?
if you post a terrain made in 3 min,whats the point in posting it ?
it really is pointless,you guys know it,if it isn't,everybody would post a
1.raised cliff image
2.added one rock image
3.added some trees image
whats the point ? if you guys do this,it would really be considered as spam AND if you do this,the pages can really go up to 50+
flabbermasken said:
Nuff said.

Level 23
I consider it a WiP since it shows the direction in which his terrain is going and shows off a start, of course if the next WiP or entry does look totally different, this WiP would not be a proove he made it.
But posting it as a screen to get feedback is totally fine.

End of the "WiP-discussion".

Level 7
The_Olorin, holy shit your terrain is awesome :O But I can't see the impact of the battle on the environment! Also your people seem to be HUGE compared to the terrain, I'd shrink them a bit, and the musclary units don't make clear who do they belong to.
Again, great terrain, awesome background.

Yes,i havent made the impact on the environment yet. Atm just placed units. And they seems too huge, but when you campare then to the door size, you see that they are pretty normal size(exept nazguls, they supose to be bigger). And ye the muscular unit seems too neutral, gona change him.

Thanks for feedback and waiting for more.

Level 14
Needz a little moar backing definition.
Would you mind elaborating a tad more on exactly what "Backing definition" is?
What you've done so far is brilliant Azurot. It lacks a superb background to go with it however, my focus being mainly at the empty horizon.
Personally I find the empty horizon fitting for an ocean. :p
It makes for a very contrasting feeling between the dense jungle dwelling horde and the open barren ocean dwelling naga.

Level 12
Time for my update

View attachment 94327

Changed camera angle.
Added armys, but no animations yet. There are 2 sides: the Alliance of Honor and Darkness Army.

Suggestions, critism, ideas etc are welcome.

Wow. Those Hooded things remind me of what I can picture a Myrddraal from the Wheel of Time novels looking like almost to a 'T' except that they don't have a matching evil horse.

What are those, Ring Wraiths?

Level 12
Man, if someone made some models, I'd totally do a WoT RPG.

We could use Gargoyles for Drahkgar. Gray Men could be Villagers, and so basically, we'd only need Trollocs, Myrddraal, and maybe Ogier, I haven't searched for them.

I could make it so the classes are Aes Sedai, Asha'man, Aiel, Borderlander, or Seanchan.

Fame and Glory await in the Blight for those who are strong enough to survive it!

Error_trigger

1. Remove the barrens rocks.
2. Remove those trees in the right in the background and add mountains instead, 2-3 layers also behind the city.
3. It is still very flat.
4. Make those tiles less random, remove the desert like tiles.
5. You should make the houses smaller in the city and add more of them.
6. An army would be cool marching at the city.
7. Add another sky PLEASE. Fogged for example, and make it night IMO and add clouds.
8. Why are the city's walls blue? =/ Make them more greyish.
9. Also remove the barrens trees.

This should improve your terrain a lot if you do everything I've listed here. Good luck.

Level 12
Goolygot, keep in mind that the terrain needs to be taken in the middle of a battle or after one. Your current WiP is taking place before the battle, so it doesn't count.
Also despite the terrain itself being flat and monotone the camera and the arrangement of the units on the wall is amazing. You just need to make your environment more interesting.

Level 23
Yes, I allowed this since I counted it as during the battle, see my explanation before.
However I will update the first post to clarify this.

RULES UPDATED!!! Please check the first post!

Note: This are only details to clarify a few things and do not influence the shown WiP in any negativ way! So everything that has been posted yet is totally fine and goes along with the rules!

Level 11
Error_Trigger

1.ground too flat
2.i am totally sure,the background trees(left top) can really be changed to hills
3.nice tree huh ? NO,some of your trees look totally funny
4.remove the nova,if you do not want to do it,make the nova bigger
5.the hill in the right bottom,look at the fence,what is a fence doing there ?
6.what is that purple thing ?
7.try to use more tree variations,i think you CnPed the trees where the golems is standing in
8.the battlefield looks really messy,X vs X vs X vs X vs X ? omg

Level 11
the battlefield looks really messy,X vs X vs X vs X vs X ? omg
oh forgot to tell all of you:
it's an undead allied with orc vs worgen allied with high elf.That golem is in the undead side.
some of your trees look totally funny
what trees?
5.the hill in the right bottom,look at the fence,what is a fence doing there ?
before those undead and orc came the high elf and worgen is making those fence for defense.
6.what is that purple thing ?
it's a magic fountain

Status
Not open for further replies.