1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by M0rbid, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Battlefields: This terrain has to represent a battleground while or after a battle of two parties

[​IMG]
    • It's the contestants task to create a terrain that creates in any way the feel of a battlefield during or after a battle. Additionally a battlefield before the battle can be shown, because this is covered by while battle, since the lineup of the parties is a part of the battle itself.
    • No submission may violate any of the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/
    • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any terrain does not fit, a moderator or the host will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
    • Your submission in form of a screenshot must be posted before the deadline.
    • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours. Also you are adviced to keep the original map until the contest is over.
    • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
    • Judges may not participate.
    • Teamwork is not allowed.
    • Map may consist of any resource as long a it is public and not ripped or stolen
    • Unless a used resource belongs to either hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns, a link to the used resources must be provided.
    • No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain previews (however cropping is allowed).
    • You are allowed to use triggers for animation purposes (showing animation of units) and therefore take a screenshot ingame, however every other Trigger use will disqualify your entry. This does not go for the necessary camera and weather effect triggers aswell as teamcolour triggers that are needed to gain the possibilites of a WE shot for an ingame shot

[​IMG]
    • First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
    • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
    • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

[​IMG]
    Creativity The creativity displayed in your terrain. /15
    Detail The detail of the terrain. Impurities in the detail are rough edges, floating trees etc. /15
    Technique How advanced are the techniques and tricks you have used, and how well have you executed them? /15
    Theme How well is the theme used in your terrain? /15

[​IMG]

70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.7 + (votes/(total votes))*30 = (score)/10

[​IMG]

M0rbid
    Chaos.

[​IMG]
    • The contest shall begin on Thursday, 9th December and conclude on Thusrday, 20th January, GMT

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. idodik

idodik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, nice. I might be participating in this.

3. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is great idea. I am hopefully participate.

4. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This may be futuristic, too?

5. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yes.

6. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Great! Pyritie approved it. ^^

7. The_Olorin

The_Olorin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gona give it a try. The theme is very interesting im waiting already what other are coming up to.

8. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Count me in for sure. Although I actually did favor the Racial Settlements theme, I must say.

9. -Devinity-

-Devinity-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sign me in :)

10. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I probably won't start mine for a while, but i'm definitely participating. GL to all.

11. tagg1080

tagg1080

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can we make the map in the galaxy editor?

Oh snap, can of worms opened? :grin:

12. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You cant use Galaxy Editor, this is a Wc3 Contest not a SCII.
    I hope this -Devinity- guy doesn't turn up like Raven0 and surprise us all! :p

13. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good luck everyone :)

14. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish i had time for this contest, D:

I have an amazing idea that I'd LOVE to implement.

Oh, well, my first contest will have to be later. Between working 40+ hours a week and everything else, I simply don't have time. :(

GL though.

15. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Once there was a man with the name DR. House and he participated in this contest.

16. Chaos.

Chaos.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Definately in.
    Keiji, now that you aren't judge/host, are you going to join? The more competition the better.
    I'm still sticking with my colossus idea. Just a few changes to make it fit this theme.

17. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Uh do sieges fit in this theme? Or at least city fights or is it necessary to be on an open space?

18. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehe Chaos. your just like me. Sticking to the colossus idea but with a few changes. ;)
    I think Keiji won't be joining us but I'm hoping for the best that he will be.
    VeljkoM I think siege could fit, it's a battle after all, and it doesn't have to be on open space as long as we can see some signs of battles.

19. johannesr

johannesr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm in, gotta start thinking of an idea.

20. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is no speciments as to "how" or "where" the battle has to be fought, and when there isn't, you can assume that you can do your battle on top of a cheese mountain, or in the mids of a geyser erupting, if you wanted to, the only thing that needs to be present is two forces fighing each other.

On the "will I join or not" note, well. I'm only going to say that joining a contest is, hard for me, and not only that the chance for me not finishing my entry is even larger. But if I do get a good idea, and if I DO sample some determination, I might just want to get into this fight. But, as previously stated, it's doubtful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.